PDA

View Full Version : Well I do believe it's Friday!!!!!!

Claire
10-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Only seems like a week since we last had one!

Any plans for today??

Skywatcher
10-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Great - on a course next week so today will be bedlam :(

kazzaqld
10-10-2008, 06:46 AM
It has been a wet one here! We need the rain so I shouldn't complain but it makes it so grey and dreary. :confused:

And I was bored, bored, bored at work - the rest of the office went off to a conference and left me to mind the store. I could have gone to the conference but as it's my first weekend home since the trip, DH wanted to actually see me for more than a few minutes! :hug2:

Mind you that won't stop DH and DS going to their anime club tomorrow. Ah well. :p

Dawn
10-10-2008, 07:19 AM
I went to a teddy bear's picnic yesterday.

mumof2
10-10-2008, 08:40 AM
I made some Christmas cards yesterday, and I'll make a few more today!

Got a bargain on ebay, picked it up yesterday - a decent looking pine coffee table for the incredible price of....................................99p! That's good budgeting don't ya think! :yes:

Dawn
10-10-2008, 08:44 AM
99p??!!! That's some bargain. :D

It's still too warm to wear my new hat. :(

Disneybumble
10-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Today mostly i shall be eating comfort foods. Somebody slap me and tell me to stop feeling sorry for myself. It's alright i will do the first one.:slap:

karrie
10-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Today is the funeral then work :(

working tomorrow and sunday my weekend starts on monday my day off lol!

lisaw
10-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Cleaning the house before we pick the boy up from his school trip tonight - it has been a very long week for me! Then we are going to order pizza for tea as it is his favourite thing and hopefully get something out of him about his adventures from the last week. :lol:

MystikPiglit
10-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Today mostly i shall be eating comfort foods. Somebody slap me and tell me to stop feeling sorry for myself. It's alright i will do the first one.:slap:

We most certainly will not. :rolleyes008: You go ahead and indulge yourself, it'll do you good. :hug2:

Dawn
10-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I said to a friend earlier this week - everyone is entitled to a pity party now and again so you indulge yourself. :D

Anyway, I appear to have just woken up after sitting down with the dog 2 hours ago. :7:

MystikPiglit
10-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Anyway, I appear to have just woken up after sitting down with the dog 2 hours ago. :7:

:laugh:

Dawn
10-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Teddy bear's picnic obviously took more out of me than I thought. :lol:

lisaw
10-10-2008, 11:42 AM

:lol:

At least you didn't do that at 2.30 this afternoon which is what i am always terrified of doing :shocked025:

Dawn
10-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Sometimes I set the alarm for 2.30pm just in case of that happening. :lol:

MystikPiglit
10-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Teddy bear's picnic obviously took more out of me than I thought. :lol:

Those Teddies sure know how to party. :D

Sometimes I set the alarm for 2.30pm just in case of that happening. :lol:

I used to do that too! :lol:

Tink
10-10-2008, 01:23 PM
It's a gloomy start to a Friday here. We've had some really violent weather and much rain, so some areas are flooded again. I have to go to New Jersey and North Carolina next week so this weekend with be a flurry of getting things ready.

I wanted to go to Ponce Lighthouse. :sigh; I don't think there will be the time though.

Doing well on the diet! Can't complain about that. Have lost 48 pounds and counting. Numbers are all good too, except I actually have low cholesterol! :lol: Doc said to add a few nuts or a piece of cheese to my daily mix, so I do that now from time to time.

I finally feel as though I've lost something too. No real comments from others, but Doc said that's because I wear my clothes too big. :D Told me to go buy new clothes. I hate shopping so that's not going to happen! :lol:

I hope we see some sunshine today. It's been a long week and I'll need something cheery to get through this day (that is starting out with my two colleagues being at this point, 30 minutes late)! :(

MystikPiglit
10-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Have lost 48 pounds and counting.

Wow! Well done! :hug2:

uscwest
10-10-2008, 01:26 PM

If you go out in the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise.
If you go out in the woods today
You'd better go in disguise.

For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Chorus:
Picnic time for teddy bears,
The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today.
Watch them, catch them unawares,
And see them picnic on their holiday.
See them gaily dance about.
They love to play and shout.
And never have any cares.
At six o'clock their mommies and daddies
Will take them home to bed
Because they're tired little teddy bears. If you go out in the woods today,
You'd better not go alone.
It's lovely out in the woods today,
But safer to stay at home.

For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic

TO CHORUS

Every teddy bear, that's been good
Is sure of a treat today
There's lots of wonderful things to eat
And wonderful games to play

Beneath the trees, where nobody sees
They'll hide and seek as long as they please
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic

TO CHORUS

uscwest
10-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Today I have an Echo Cardiogram and a stress test scheduled. I'm trying to get into an exercise program here at work and the Dr. won't sign off on it until he sees these results.

Tink, congratulations on the weight loss. I'm down almost 40 pounds myself and have another 40-50 and possibly even 60 to go.

Dawn
10-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Well done Tink and John on all that weight loss. :207:

MystikPiglit
10-10-2008, 01:34 PM
I'd like to lose weight but I can't diet as I don't eat much now. :rolleyes008:

Beccaberry
10-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Jon and I are sneaking away for a bit of leaf peeping early tomorrow morning...not sure where we're going, but from the looks of the foliage here we won't have to go far...I think we'll just start driving and see where the road takes us...

At work today...it's always hard to come back to work after a day off midweek...I always feel discombobulated...we have Monday off as well which is when I'll catch up on my laundry and housekeeping from the holiday....

Supposed to be brilliant weather this weekend...sunshine, mid seventies....I can't wait to be outdoors :D

BevW
10-10-2008, 02:53 PM
FIRST...congrates on all the weight loss going on here! That's so cool!!!
Um...no teddy bear picnics here, but we're having a Fisher Price Zoo day in the basement. I'm collecting tickets according to Bria.
It's raining and cold here so NO outside play.
Oh and I applied for a job yesterday...I don't know if I'll be excited or bummed if I get it.

mumof2
10-10-2008, 03:03 PM
wow - well done Tink and John! :yes:

Taja
10-10-2008, 03:14 PM

Much more interesting than my luncheon meeting! I'm envious! :D

Tut! No slapping allowed today! You need a serious pity party--at least through the weekend. We'll re-evaluate the situation on Monday! :hug2:

Doing well on the diet! Can't complain about that. Have lost 48 pounds and counting. Numbers are all good too, except I actually have low cholesterol! :lol: Doc said to add a few nuts or a piece of cheese to my daily mix, so I do that now from time to time.

I finally feel as though I've lost something too. No real comments from others, but Doc said that's because I wear my clothes too big. :D Told me to go buy new clothes. I hate shopping so that's not going to happen! :lol:

I hope we see some sunshine today. It's been a long week and I'll need something cheery to get through this day (that is starting out with my two colleagues being at this point, 30 minutes late)! :(

Congratulations on the weight loss, Tink! Have to agree with you on the shopping. :lol:

John, congratulations on your weight loss, too!

Looks like I'm really going to have to step it up. Don't see it happening, though. Too much going on and not enough hours in the day for everything. :sigh;

On a positive note, temperatures are supposed to cool off into the 70s for the weekend, then begin climbing into the low to mid-90s over the next week. Possible--not probably, though--rain on Saturday. Depends on what Norbert does.

Bev, that jet stream that's affecting your weather in dippin down here for a visit this weekend. I may have to break out a sweatshirt for my morning walks! :lol:

BevW
10-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Bev, that jet stream that's affecting your weather in dippin down here for a visit this weekend. I may have to break out a sweatshirt for my morning walks! :lol:

Holy Moly...sweatshirts in AZ! Rick saw geese...thousands of them, fly overhead yesterday. I think we're in for a cold winter. SKI SKI SKI everyone grab your skis BWAHAHAHAHAHA

MystikPiglit
10-10-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm off for a bit, I have a game casserole to get ready. :)

Tink
10-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Ooooh! Bev! Sounds exciting! :yes: What sort of job did you apply for? Let us know how it turns out, ok? :pixiedust:

BevW
10-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Ooooh! Bev! Sounds exciting! :yes: What sort of job did you apply for? Let us know how it turns out, ok? :pixiedust:

Shhhhh don't tell anyone...I applied at the Disney Store.
Rick and I were there yesterday and I asked one of the CMs if they were now officially DISNEY again or were they still Childrens place...and she said they'd been Disney Store Disney since May. Cool! Can I have an application? And she handed it to me and said "Fill it out and bring it back when you're done"
I mentioned to another CM that I used to work for Disney, and she goes "Here, let me clean off a space on the counter and you can fill this out right now!" LOLOLOL As we were leaving, she asked me to hold on cos they were trying to get a date and time for an interview. Wish me luck. I go in on Monday for the interview.

Beccaberry
10-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Wow Bev!!! Fantastic!!! Good luck, let us know how it turns out!!! :hug2:

Dawn
10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Oooh good luck Bev!

MystikPiglit
10-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Oooh, best of luck Bev!

kazzaqld
10-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Good luck Bev! :yes:

Claire
10-10-2008, 07:40 PM
:fingers: for you Bev!

Tink
10-10-2008, 07:59 PM
:pixiedust: They'd be silly not to hire you!!!

Shellyamc
10-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Well our little family is going camping this weekend. This will be Katelyn's first time. We usually camp in the fall, I don't know why, but the weather is going to be super nice. It was warm and beautiful 8 years ago when Dh and I got married. Our anniversary is next week :p015: So we will see how our little Katelyn does in the woods. If it doesn't go so well then we will be home Sunday, and if not then Monday I think. Dh has the next 2 weeks off, so we have some extra time.

Tink
10-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Have fun! Where are you going camping?

Shellyamc
10-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Have fun! Where are you going camping?

We are going up near Hinckley this time. We have never camped there before, so we shall see how it goes. :unsure:

Isafari
10-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Good luck Bev :yes:

Tink
10-10-2008, 08:26 PM
My parents had friends who used to have a camp at Hinckley. :yes: Nice area. Enjoy yourselves!!!!

Johnie
11-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Congrats Tink and John on the weight loss! That is fantastic!!

Good luck Bev!!!

I've just been enjoying my birthday. I did have a moment this afternoon when I looked at Mike and said, "I am THIRTY SEVEN" whew how on earth did that happen?

kazzaqld
11-10-2008, 01:50 AM
In honour of your 37th!

5Xd_zkMEgkI

Johnie
11-10-2008, 01:58 AM
:p I love Monty Python!

Tinker
11-10-2008, 02:16 AM
I've had a rough couple of days . I'm going to a doll show on Sunday . I'm buying more 1965 Its A Small World dolls which were sold at the NY's World Fairs Pepsi Pavilion . So far, I have six countries . Tomorrow, I'm going to try and decorate .

Taja
11-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Shhhhh don't tell anyone...I applied at the Disney Store.
Rick and I were there yesterday and I asked one of the CMs if they were now officially DISNEY again or were they still Childrens place...and she said they'd been Disney Store Disney since May. Cool! Can I have an application? And she handed it to me and said "Fill it out and bring it back when you're done"
I mentioned to another CM that I used to work for Disney, and she goes "Here, let me clean off a space on the counter and you can fill this out right now!" LOLOLOL As we were leaving, she asked me to hold on cos they were trying to get a date and time for an interview. Wish me luck. I go in on Monday for the interview.

:fingers:

Well our little family is going camping this weekend. This will be Katelyn's first time. We usually camp in the fall, I don't know why, but the weather is going to be super nice. It was warm and beautiful 8 years ago when Dh and I got married. Our anniversary is next week :p015: So we will see how our little Katelyn does in the woods. If it doesn't go so well then we will be home Sunday, and if not then Monday I think. Dh has the next 2 weeks off, so we have some extra time.

Hope you're having a terrific time! Could be a good time for some extra father/daughter bonding--and give mom a bit of a rest! :)