View Full Version : really nice places to eat on idrive?

13-10-2008, 09:04 PM
hiya :hug2: we're looking for places to eat on idrive that are nice

13-10-2008, 09:05 PM
We like Olive Garden, Chiles and Tony Romas :p015:

13-10-2008, 09:08 PM
what kind of food is at those places isafari sorry for being dumb :hug2:

13-10-2008, 10:37 PM

Are you looking for a fancy place? I'm trying to figure out what you mean by nice. Chilis is fine and we go here at home but I wouldn't call it nice. So I am wondering about your definition? Never been to Tony Roma's. Olive Garden is fine. They have an awesome chicken scampi dish that I always get when we go there.

14-10-2008, 12:14 AM
there are lots of buffets but some are pretty bad it all depends what you like to eat

23-10-2008, 10:08 PM
We liked Bahama Breeze, not posh just middle of the road price wise. Food & service were good. Cocktails to die for too :p

www.bahamabreeze.com (http://www.bahamabreeze.com)

18-01-2009, 02:15 PM
The following are all lovely places to eat and certainly not too expensive :-

Bahama Breeze
Café Tu Tu Tango
Olive Garden
Red Lobster
Capital Grille
Tommy Bahama
Tony Roma's
UNO Chicago
Sweet Tomatoes

And there are some absolutely WONDERFUL restaurants not very far away on Sand Lake Road (west) - some of these are undoubtedly the best restaurants in Orlando -

Seasons 52 (my favourite)
The Melting Pot
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (quite expensive this one)
Bonefish Grill
Moon Fish

18-01-2009, 02:18 PM
thanks mapman! I'm going to be googling all those to see what type they all are :hug2:

18-01-2009, 10:56 PM
We ate at a few places on I. Drive last week....watch out for photos and reviews in my upcoming trippies.

18-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Texas de Brazil is a churrascaria (Brazilian barbecue with meat as the main feature) at the "end" of I Drive (near the outlet malls). If you can find a good coupon, it's a great place to dine. About $45 per person otherwise.

There is an Ethiopian restaurant on I Drive now too. It's quite good. Not as wonderful as NY or DC, but better than what was available in Orlando prior... (nothing!).

We had a nasty, disgusting meal in Aussie Steak House once. Never gave them a second chance. So bad we sent the food back and left.

The Rosen Hotels on I Drive have a good variety of nice restaurants ranging from full service to buffet, to cafes.

We personally avoid Sizzler, Ponderosa, and the Golden Corral in that area. Main reason? They are filthy. :(

There is a new Whole Foods Market at the corner of Sand Lake and Turkey Lake (not far from I Drive at all) where you can get a very wide selection of nicely prepared foods to go. Soups, salads, ethnic foods, desserts... they have several serve yourself "buffet" style boards. They have an incredible selection of cheese too, and a nice deli. It's really a good place for visitors to check out, especially if they want something either very basic, or a little outside the norm. :yes: