PDA

View Full Version : Claiming on house insurance for tv?

goofygal
15-10-2008, 11:32 AM
We have full accidental damage insurance and have never claimed for anything but last night the tv got knocked off the stand and doesnt work.

We think we'll be covered but wonder if we claim will we be hammered for our renewal next year?

Has anyone done this and is that how it works? we claim and then the premium goes sky high?

ukwdwnut
15-10-2008, 11:35 AM
we claimed for one years ago no one came out then just got a cheque in the post for a new one after getting a quote from a retailer

Claire44
15-10-2008, 11:40 AM
We had to put in a claim for a new carpet a couple of years ago. I spilt pink windowlene on it when I was cleaning the glass doors on a cabinet. We had also got the accidental damage cover and had not claimed in over 20 years and to be honest I didn't think about being able to claim until about a week after I had done it. Our premium didn't go up afterwards so I would put a claim in - that's what you pay it for. Good luck.

keith
15-10-2008, 11:41 AM
We had to as well. I was really not sure about it and in the past I've just bought new stuff but after paying for so many years with no return I claimed.

The lady on the phone was quite hmmmmm just this side of rude I'd say, and they "lost" the first claim but a week later I received a call saying they would send out a new one for next day delivery. It was a larger LCD version of the several years old set that had broken.

The premium next year if it DID go up, didnt go up enough to make me think EEEK so all in all it did work out and saved me 600 on a new one