PDA

View Full Version : Im a trafford centre (mall) addict, anyone else?

disneymom
16-10-2008, 10:48 AM
what did we used to do before malls? everything all in one place and starbucks at every turn :lol:

Whats your local mall or shopping centre and do you like or loathe it?

Debbie2
16-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Me too...love the Trafford Centre. It's not my local one what with the new Liverpool One district but still prefer the TC as has free parking and plenty of places to dine.

Dawn
16-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Guess Brighton is our local shopping centre. I don't mind it. There's pretty much everything I need there - including Borders with a Starbucks in it. :lol:

I try not to go there on a weekend though. It's just annoying. Especially at this time of year. :mad:

keith
16-10-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm Keith, and I'm a Trafford Centre addict.

:yes: well I've always been a shopaholic soooooo no surprise that I love the trafford centre. Plus it has an apple store :D

I wish there were a few less designer clothes stores though :lol:

lisaw
16-10-2008, 12:25 PM
My nearest big shopping 'area' is Reading - but that's really half mall half outside pedestrianised High Street.

Do occasionally venture across London to Lakeside at Thurrock or Bluewater but that's out of habit from when Lakeside was the one of the only really big 'shopping centres' around.

As long as it has a Disney Store and a Build a Bear I am happy :D

Dawn
16-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Went to Lakeside once to do our Christmas shopping and me and Adrian practically came to blows as we got so stressed with the crowds and the size of the place.

Never been to Bluewater. Will I have to drive over the big bridge to get there?

disneymom
16-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Went to Lakeside once to do our Christmas shopping and me and Adrian practically came to blows as we got so stressed with the crowds and the size of the place.

we've been close to blows still int he car trying to get parked at the trafford centre :lol: at least you waited till you got inside

lisaw
16-10-2008, 12:36 PM

Never been to Bluewater. Will I have to drive over the big bridge to get there?

Hmm not sure :unsure: It's very near the Dartford crossing, but could well be your side of it.

Claire
16-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I did the Metro Centre once when we visited DH's family. That was quite big. Other than that I like Southampton's West Quay.

Dawn
16-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Oooh I was quite impressed with Plymouth. Bit of a trek just for a Starbucks though.

daveann
16-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I did the Metro Centre once when we visited DH's family. That was quite big. Other than that I like Southampton's West Quay.
i love west quay too the john lewis there is an experience on its own.... metro center used to be my nearest one but it was still 2 hours away

btw essentials in west quay have lovelinks which work with pandora :)

Isafari
16-10-2008, 02:55 PM
We have the Metro Centre.....like going when it isn't busy but hate the crowded days.

Disneybumble
16-10-2008, 03:00 PM
My nearest big shopping 'area' is Reading - but that's really half mall half outside pedestrianised High Street.

Lisa i think we are nearer to each other than you think.:p015: I love Reading and also like Watford. In High Wycombe where i live a new Mall (sort of) has opened. Much better shops than we had but still not Reading.

Taja
16-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Kierland Commons (Scottsdale) probably is the closest open air shopping center. It's designed to be more like an old style downtown. I like the Barnes & Noble, Restoration Hardware and Crate & Barrel stores, but don't shop there very often. It's too hot to wander outdoors six months of the year! :lol:

Nearest enclosed mall is a toss-up: Scottsdale Fashion Square is farther south, Paradise Valley Mall (northeast Phoenix) is farther west. About the same distance. I tend to avoid both of them except when necessary, although I do walk at PV Mall before or after work sometimes, depending on my schedule. It's designed nicely for that! :lol:

I'm afraid I'm not much of a shopper. Too time consuming! :shrug:

josh.p.
16-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Generally, our town centre has everything you need. It's not big and fancy though, it has the pyramids (a shopping centre) and then outdoor paved style shops. Then there is the market (if you want some knock-off 'Grada' or ''G&D" bags.... LOL)

If I'm going shopping for clothes, I try and go to liverpool because they have a nicer selection of shops, and also a starbucks. Near christmas we go to the trafford centre for christmas shopping.

purpleprincess
16-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Love visiting the Trafford Centre and its usually a full day out.
Shopping, Lunch, more shopping, Cinema and then Dinner

What do you all think about the new look Disney Store, I love it

lisaw
16-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Lisa i think we are nearer to each other than you think.:p015: I love Reading and also like Watford. In High Wycombe where i live a new Mall (sort of) has opened. Much better shops than we had but still not Reading.

High Wycombe is about 25 minutes for me :p015:

I have seen the new mall but didn't have time to stop as we were just running into the town to pick up our Wii Fit as it was the only store that had one. :D