PDA

View Full Version : Canon Powershot A470 7MP Digital

Britchick
16-10-2008, 07:46 PM
anyone got this? they are half price in Argos at the moment and i'm thinking of it for dd (9) what do you think?

foreverducky
16-10-2008, 09:23 PM
I thought about getting one of these too, just to walk around the neighborhood and take pictures of my nieghbors (not really, the trees and wonderful lake); even though I love my big Canon S3. :D

keith
16-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Well this is a bit of a bargain IMHO

The camera itself is pretty capable. It had face detection which worked great although it's advanced even FURTHER in the few months since this model came out

I felt a LITTLE frustrated by the speed of the camera but thats because Im used to pro SLRS, for a compact, it was very respectable indeed (I wouldnt let my opinion worry you unduly there, it really is because after using slrs for so many years, I have unrealistic expectations)

Image quality spot on

If you can get it for a good price, its a great deal

Britchick
17-10-2008, 05:17 PM
its 49.99!

Well this is a bit of a bargain IMHO

The camera itself is pretty capable. It had face detection which worked great although it's advanced even FURTHER in the few months since this model came out

I felt a LITTLE frustrated by the speed of the camera but thats because Im used to pro SLRS, for a compact, it was very respectable indeed (I wouldnt let my opinion worry you unduly there, it really is because after using slrs for so many years, I have unrealistic expectations)

Image quality spot on

If you can get it for a good price, its a great deal

keith
17-10-2008, 08:06 PM
its 49.99!

OMG!!! :eek!

Buy :lol: