PDA

View Full Version : wedding meal

dave&pauline
16-10-2008, 08:16 PM
after our wedding im after some where we can go and let our hair down , we will have kids with us. not going on to disney so around the idrive area. i was thinking hard rock but im unsure

Jodie
19-10-2008, 01:32 PM
How about Bahama Breeze (http://www.bahamabreeze.com/)?

Tink
19-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Ooooh! How about Texas de Brasil? :yes: It's a churrascaria, so you'll all want to be serious meat lovers. :D It's a bit different and festive atmosphere.

Ran Gitsu for the very best Japanese (from shabu shabu to all sorts of sushi and sashimi) the Orlando area has to offer.

Vic's Chophouse is very nice (a little pricey, but it's your wedding, eh)?

The Rosen hotels have some wonderful restaurants, all worth checking out.

Dixie Crossroads in Festival Bay for seafood (old Florida style, not fussy or pretentious at all).

Much depends upon what your family likes to eat (and sort of how much you want to spend).

dave&pauline
19-10-2008, 03:48 PM
oh i forgot to say we dont like seafood lol!!

what about the olive garden

Tink
19-10-2008, 03:54 PM
It's a Darden chain restaurant. Olive Garden, Season's 52, Red Lobster, Bahama Breeze (and another one I can't recall right now) are all part of the same corporation.

They are reasonably priced, and are essentially standard fare. By that I mean, nothing too dramatic, nothing "gourmet," nothing too outside the realm of what would appeal to the majority of people.

Olive Garden is Italian based of course, Red Lobster you'll avoid as it's seafood, and Bahama Breeze is their nod toward Caribbean/Spanish fusion. Season's 52's premise is that they use fresh food, etc. However, it is not geared toward children. They try to bill themselves as an adult restaurant with no children's menus, no booster seats and that sort of thing. Children are not refused, of course they just aren't made very welcome.

If you want something really fun and a bit different there is the Melting Pot. It's fondue, either oil or bouillion (our favorite) based.

Does any of that help?

dave&pauline
19-10-2008, 04:30 PM
that was loads of help thank you, where is the melting pot

Tink
19-10-2008, 04:40 PM
The Melting Pot is in the Dr. Phillips area (Sand Lake Rd.). It's in a fancy-ish strip mall. Plaza Venetzia or something like that. Ruth's Chris is there too. That's a wicked nice steak house (and pricey).

dave&pauline
19-10-2008, 04:59 PM
do you have a link?

Tink
19-10-2008, 05:07 PM
To which one? :unsure:

dave&pauline
19-10-2008, 05:47 PM
sorry, the melting pot

Tink
19-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Try this one...

http://www.meltingpot.com/locations.aspx?z=34787&n=235734

Tink
19-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Ooops. Then click on the Sand Lake Road address for the Orlando store.

dave&pauline
19-10-2008, 07:24 PM
chocolate yummy. so whats down that way then?