PDA

View Full Version : A shared experience

Watchinherskip
17-10-2008, 05:52 PM
After reading Skywatcher's post about Lavenderlanb and remembering the events and reliving the emotions again, I began to think back to our shared experiences, in this forum and others. How peculiar and how wonderful it it to have an opportunity to get a bit of insight into the lives of people we really haven't met (well I haven't met any of you yet, almost, but haven't been able to - glad that many have had that opportunity). I went back to a familiar place to recall some of the events. I visited a place I haven't been to in a while. I did a search to see if some of those contacts or friends were still about. Yes some were there, some of us are there. I went back to see old posts. I went back to remember the way I felt at the passing of my dad back in 2007, and the support that that community, that many of this community gave. It is sort of like a history, a journal of what was happening, on a given day, and its effect on me.

Where am I going with this? I just wanted to say how interesting a time we share, that we have this ability to become connected over space and time in this format.

Heres to sharing our lives.
Cheers

Tink
17-10-2008, 10:32 PM
The learning we do about it each other, the subsequent sharing of our lives is a unique social circumstance to the age, isn't it?

I consider many folks that I've come to know through this forum dear and fast friends. What touches me the most, I think is how freely we seem to give of ourselves in many ways. We reach out to one another. We lean on one another. We comfort. We grieve. We worry. We laugh, even love.

It is a chronicle of aspects of our lives, these boards; boards in general.

I remember when you lost your Da. :hug2:

MystikPiglit
18-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Where am I going with this? I just wanted to say how interesting a time we share, that we have this ability to become connected over space and time in this format.
Heres to sharing our lives.

Well put. :hug2:

Dorothy
18-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I've met some wonderful people through forums and I too have some friends now that I wouldn't have ever met if not for our shared love of Disney.

PsychoAlice
19-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Ive been through some HORRIBLE times myself over the years...and if it hadnt been for friends that I met because of our love for Disney I would be an alcoholic....

Jazmine
19-10-2008, 10:11 AM
It is lovely to be able to share with you and i consider you all my friends :hug2:
Jacqui xxx

Tink
19-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Sarah. :hug2: Do not sell yourself short, beauty. You kept yourself out of some serious stuff because of your determination and personal strength. Can friends help with that, of course. But it took you to DO it. :hug2:

SleepinCatz
19-10-2008, 02:36 PM
True Tink...but iI know what she means. Just because you are strong enough to do things on your own doesn't mean you can do it alone. We are human beings and as such we need each other. It is a truly blessed thing that we all have each other. I thank God everyday for my family and friends...both met and not yet seen :)

Tink
19-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Oh, I completely understand what Sarah is saying. :yes: However, regardless of the wonderful support of friends, the person must be the one to do the "work." All the support in the world can't "make" someone do something that s/he doesn't believe (or want) s/he can do. That's what I'm saying. :D

Skywatcher
20-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Nicely put Dan, so sorry to hear about your Dad , I too became very emotional reading peoples commments on here about Lavendarlamb - wasn't sure if I'd get any replies TBH. I too consider you all to be good solid friends and have shared more with you all here than many of my friends in real life. I missed you all terribly when I wasn't around you for a while and only realise how much now that we are all back together again.

Beccaberry
20-10-2008, 01:10 PM
:hug2: Well said, Dan....well said...

Watchinherskip
20-10-2008, 01:33 PM
It is really sort of amazing to be honest. We all share a love of Disney for sure, but I know it goes further than that. All told, between this forum and others, for four years, I have had the pleasue of knowing you and sharing all the things that make us human.

Thank you Chris. I miss my Dad alot. I mentioned a previous forum that after his passing, I sort of retreated and closed a wall around myself. I stopped posting for a good while. I didn't want to make these happy places somber, but that IS part of life and I guess to be shared. It meant alot to me, in my own grieving, to have the support I felt from members.

I mentioned to Johnie how our daughters have sort of grown up here (at least the stories of their growth from tweeners to teenagers). I am very glad to know you all. Thanks.

I mentioned the post about Lavendarlamb to my wife last night. She remembered the whole thing and was very saddened by the memory. I hope that her family is doing well.

At any rate, thank the mods, members, and guests for a wonderful place where we can share life's ups and downs.

cosmicray
20-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Im new and dont really have any idea of the history although reading the lavenderlamb message was very moving

I can see what a wonderful group of people there is here though and look forward to chatting even when no trips are planned

Slowhand
20-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Dan and Chris, your words are very true and it really is great to be a part of this community.

mumof2
22-10-2008, 12:11 PM
When I was in need some support last year I was so grateful to my friends here who gave it freely in a non-judgemental way...thank you.:hug2:

Rosie0610
22-10-2008, 07:18 PM
I like that you can give and take. When you are in need of some cheering in your life there are many people to lean on here and when you are up for it you can return the favor to someone else.