PDA

View Full Version : Where are you from?

mgmrach
23-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Im new here and can see some flags but wondered where you're all from?

Is the place youre from famous for anything? what's its best and worst features :)

I'm from a place called lymm in cheshire, UK which is famous for nothing that I know of

it's very expensive to live here but is also lovely and has a traditional old village centre

Dawn
23-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I grew up in South London but now I live in Lancing, West Sussex. Officially the largest village in England we have 2 churches that date back to the 11th century (I have geocaches in both of them. :lol: ). And ummmm, that's it. Oh we're by the sea. :D

And we have Lancing College - aka Hogwarts. :D
http://www.lancingcollege.co.uk/

Slowhand
23-10-2008, 02:40 PM
My DW and I hail from Stoke-on-Trent originally, although now we live in a small town called Stone which is in between Stoke and Stafford.

Stoke is [or was before many factory closures] famous for the manufacture of pottery...think Royal Doulton and Wedgwood etc.etc. In fact any where on Disney property, including DCL, if you flip the plate you will see the name "Stoke -on-Trent" stamped on it`s base.

The only other things we are famous for [off the top of my head] are it being the birthplace of Sir Stanley Matthews [the famous soccer player of the 50`s/60`s], Sir Reginald Mitchell [inventor of the Spitfire WW11 fighter plane], and Captain Smith [of the Titanic!]

Rosie0610
23-10-2008, 02:44 PM
I am from Tonawanda, NY. (yes, very Native American name!) We are famous for the Erie Canal (the canal that connected the Great Lakes with Albany and eventually the Atlantic), the Niagara River (which flows over Niagara Falls) and for having very cold, snowy winters due to lake affect snow! :lol:

Tonawanda is about 15 miles from Downtown Buffalo. Home of the Buffalo Bills (prof football) and Buffalo Sabres (prof Hockey)!

karrie
23-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Im from a wee town called Tain right up in the Highlands of Scotland.

Its not a bad place really, small and everyone knows everyone!

What are we famous for? well that would have to be whisky....Glenmornagie Distilery is in Tain and makes one of the most famous malts you can find :)

daveann
23-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi i was born and until February this year lived in Cumbria now i live in a fantastic place Bournemouth, Dave was from just outside Southampton but lives in Bournemouth with me :)

lisaw
23-10-2008, 03:07 PM
I was born in West London and now live just a bit wester :lol:

I live in Warfield in Berkshire which is just north of Bracknell.

Warfield is a semi-rural Parish, made up of 13 settlements (Hayley Green, Warfield Street, Jealotts Hill, Moss End, Newell Green, Nuptown, Warfield Park, West End, Hawthorn Hill, Brockhill, Whitegrove, Quelm Park and Lawrence Hill). The northern part of the Parish is within the Green Belt. There is a substantial area of open rural countryside north of the new settlement areas.

Warfield was originally a Saxon settlement and is recorded in the Doomsday Book. The village was on a main route from the West Country to London and as such prospered with the various small hamlets clustered around the church.

Today the centre of the Parish, such as it is, has moved away from the church. The population now spreads from the new developments in the south of the Parish to the rural area of Nuptown.

The population of the Parish continues to grow. In 1991 it was 1794 and in 2000 it was 9050. A further 2500 houses are proposed for 2016.

Watchinherskip
23-10-2008, 04:49 PM
I was born in Scranton, Pennsylvania, famous for well..er..coal (anthracite), Joe Bidden's hometown (VP candidate), home to Ned Washington - he wrote lyrics to "When you wish upon a star", the setting for the American version of the Office.

I have lived in Portsmouth, Virginia for the past 29 years. Portsmouth has had its ups and downs over the years. There is a quaint Olde Town section with homes from the 1700's, and some churches that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson actually attended (not members). Gen Benedict Arnold (a traitor to us Yanks) had his quarter right across the street from my museum, also the site of the famous battle of the first "ironclads" the Monitor and the Merrimac (fought to a draw) and we are near Williamsburg (Colonial Capital) and Jamestown (First English Settlement) Yorktown (where Cornwallis surrenderd) and sites of many Civil War camps and battlegrounds. I guess for America our history is about as old as it gets. Beat out the Pilgrims by 12 years.

lisawm
23-10-2008, 05:01 PM
I am from Birmingham, UK. Englands second city. Centuries ago it was a small town called Brummagem (hence we are called Brummies).

I live right on the outskirts, a couple of minutes drive up the road, and we're in the countryside, but we have all the convenience of city living too.

Hmm....famous for: Well as a chocolate lover, Cadburys has to be top of the list, yum!

The Spitfire was built here during WW2.

Oh and of course, Ozzy Osbourne!

My mind has now gone blank............

Momof5
23-10-2008, 05:21 PM
I am in Fort Morgan, Colorad- what you have never heard of it? I am so surprised!

We are a rural farming community about an hour NorthEast of Denver. We only have about 10,000 people in our whole county.

They say that Glenn Miller- (a singer) was born here. :)

We should be famous for our tumble weeds!

Dawn- we also geocache! We love it.

Jodie
23-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I am from Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Gavin lives here with me now but has lived in several towns up and down the UK as his dad changed jobs a few times.

Famous for, Spice girl Mel B was born and raised here. A Touch of Frost is filmed here and it rains, a lot.

As with most places in the UK we're not far from seaside resort, 60 mins at the most which is nice if your after a windy day out.

Britchick
23-10-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm not really from anywhere :lol: my Dad was in the air force and i was born in Huntingdon. I married into the air force too something i swore i'd never do. From there i have moved to cornwall, oxfordshire, northern ireland, spain, lincolnshire, wiltshire, oxfordshire, South Carolina, oxfordshire, north yorkshire and we finally ended up now in lincolnshire, don't know where we'll go next. :lol:

BevW
23-10-2008, 09:22 PM
I am in Fort Morgan, Colorad- what you have never heard of it? I am so surprised!

We are a rural farming community about an hour NorthEast of Denver. We only have about 10,000 people in our whole county.

They say that Glenn Miller- (a singer) was born here. :)

We should be famous for our tumble weeds!

Dawn- we also geocache! We love it.

HEY! You're like right up the road from me...sort of. :lol:

I was born in Japan, and I now reside in Brighton Colorado. We've been here for 3 years and we really love it. the DGD's love the snow the most.
Farming is what goes on here.....and we smell livestock every so often when the wind blows the right way...EW.

sazzledazzle
23-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi, I was born in Coventry which is near-ish to Birmingham, but grew up in Berkshire (Windsor Castle, Legoland etc etc) I moved to Leicester in 1991 and met and married my husband, we moved to Lincolnshire nearly 4 years ago and now live in a small village called Sutton-On-Sea which is between Skegness and Grimsby.
Alfred Lord Tennyson spent many summers here and his family home still stands but is now a B&B! We have one of the largest Seal colonies very close to us which is actually on an RAF bombing range called RAF Donna Nook, last year there were over 1100 pups born.
We love it here by the seaside and the rural lifestyle by the sea, it's very laid back.
Can't think of much else!

Ilovesnowwhitej
23-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Hi i was born and until February this year lived in Cumbria now i live in a fantastic place Bournemouth, Dave was from just outside Southampton but lives in Bournemouth with me :)

Hi neighbour
<O:p</O:p
I come from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/ /><st1:City w:st=London</st1:City> originally but now find myself in <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pSalisbury</ST1:pl</st1:City> famous for its cathedral and very close to stone henge.
xx

Tink
24-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Me? Maine first. Rockland to be exact. M'heart is still there (well, half of it, the other half is in Ireland). Then spent some time in Central NY (SU grad, and my parents now live in that area) and have lived in California, Rhode Island, Bermuda, and Florida at two different times.

Currently in Florida (for the second time) where we originally came to live in Ft. Myers and now live in Winter Garden. I far prefer Ft. Myers area. :sigh;

I have a flag of St. Lucia on my Avatar because I love that island! I'll change it from time to time, just haven't gotten around it lately. :)

I have no clue what this area is famous for other than oranges. Although nearly all the groves have been sold for real estate development.

Rockland is a working wharf town, with lobstermen and the like. It's the home of the Lobster Fest too.

Central NY is leatherstocking country. Much history there from Cooperstown (Baseball Hall of Fame) to the birthplace of Baum (the author of the Wizard of Oz). The entire area is history laden, an in a snowbelt so they get HAMMERED in the winter. :eek:

kazzaqld
24-10-2008, 12:40 AM
I live in the outer suburbs of Brisbane, the capital of Queensland.

We are the 3rd largest city in Australia, and so we have lots of famous people - give me time I'll think of some.....

We hosted the 1982 Commonwealth Games and the World Expo in 1988 - I worked for World Expo as a Pavillon Guide (I was very young! :p )

In history - Brisbane served as the South West Pacific headquarters for General Douglas MacArthur during WW2 - I walk past the building he worked in at least once a week.

Disneybumble
24-10-2008, 11:09 AM
I live in a village outside of High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire. I was born in a nearby village so haven't strayed very far. I did live in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia between the ages of 9-10. My Dad worked all over the world whilst i was young, and only came home for 90 days a year(tax).
My Dad is irish and called Paddy and my Mum was born in Hull. They met in London where my Dad had come over to escape from being enlisted into a certain army:rolleyes008:. And my Mum was a ballet dancer at The Royal Ballet.
They moved out from London just before i was born and we have lived here ever since.
I always wanted my own children if possible to be near my parents as my grandparents lived so far away from us. Thankfully they do and we see them at least once a week.

sue.o
24-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I was born in Hartlepool (home of the monkey hangers) but lived in Billingham in Cleveland, UK for all of my childhood (until I was 17), then I lived in Whitby, N Yorks for 9 months, then moved to Colchester, Essex to do my nurse training, married a soldier and moved to Brecon in South Wales and then to Cambridge where I spent the next 18 years. I now live in Peterborough and know that I will live here for the rest of my life! (When we moved here 5 years ago, my husband (no 2) said we are never moving house again)!

Wendy
24-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I was born in Windsor but my parents moved to Newquay, Cornwall. They moved again when I was 15 because they could see that it was turning into a holiday resort that you wouldn't want to bring children up in :sigh;

I now live in Plymouth, DH was born here and other than for a short time when we lived in Salisbury he's lived here all his life.

Plymouth is famous for loads of things, Drake and the Spanish Armada, the Mayflower and the Pilgrims, the dockyard and so on. Oh and for Plymouth Gin, which USCWest assures me is delicious :D

dave&pauline
24-10-2008, 11:46 AM
im from essex

famous for essex girls and boy racers lol

Claire
24-10-2008, 12:08 PM
I live in Poole (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poole) in Dorset. I lived briefly in Essex but couldn't wait to come home.

Grammiepo
24-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Maine=vacationland. known for our lobsters and Christmas trees.

Taja
24-10-2008, 02:43 PM
I currently reside in the Valley of the Sun in Arizona (USA). The valley consists of Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Mesa, Glendale and a number of other incorporated cities/towns and unincorporated areas. It's located in south central Arizona in the Sonoran desert.

While we have a rich history (Hohokam and other Native Americans), our current cities are relatively new, even by US standards. In the 1980s people finally woke up and began preserving some of our older buildings (early 1900s) and developed Heritage Square in Phoenix. Most of the other cities followed suit and saved at least a few buildings and developed around them. Most of our historic districts date from the 1920s to the 1950s, which sounds strange when most civic centers date back hundreds of years. :)

When I moved here, the economy was largely agricultural--cotton and citrus. If you've ever heard of Pima cotton (also called Supima when processed a certain way), this is where it's grown! As with the Orlando area, most agricultural land has been developed, although there still are pockets in various areas. Raising and breeding Arabian horses was really popular in the 1980s, but like most trends, the market burst in the 1990s. We still have a lot of horse properties in the cities (Cave Creek and Carefree are built around horse properties), but fewer actual ranches.

The area began attracting people from all over the US following WWII, when many servicemen were stationed at Luke AFB and Williams AFB. When air conditioning became common in the 1960s, growth really exploded.

Overall, we have a mild climate--if you like it warm! Average daytime temperatures in the winter are around 60 degrees (can be in the 40s when the jet stream dips down to visit us), but the summers can reach 115+ degrees. Most of our rain occurs between June and September, during what is called the Monsoon Season. It's humid, in addition to hot--and not very comfortable! The remainder typically is in January/February. It's a trade-off, just like most places. The uncomfortable seasons are just reversed. :)

I was born in the midwest, but moved to California just before my third birthday. I grew up at and with Disneyland. It was a day trip from where we lived in the Los Angeles area, about a one-hour drive in those days. I bounced around the country quite a bit for a dozen years or so before deciding to call the Valley of the Sun home. :)

lexie
24-10-2008, 08:28 PM
I am from Birmingham, UK. Englands second city. Centuries ago it was a small town called Brummagem (hence we are called Brummies).

I live right on the outskirts, a couple of minutes drive up the road, and we're in the countryside, but we have all the convenience of city living too.

Hmm....famous for: Well as a chocolate lover, Cadburys has to be top of the list, yum!

The Spitfire was built here during WW2.

Oh and of course, Ozzy Osbourne!

My mind has now gone blank............

Snap, we must be close to each other:p015:

you gave a v good description:p015:

foreverducky
24-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Well, I was also born into a military family and don't really call any place home, but if someone was to ask where I'm from I say LaPorte, Indiana. I don't think LaPorte is famous for anything except for a woman serial killer, and Oprah has a home in the county. :D

I've lived in Indiana (several different areas), California (twice), Virginia, Florida and Illinois. I think from the military I've gotten the "moving" bug...I feel the need to move all the time. Try somewhere new.

Johnie
24-10-2008, 11:16 PM
I was born in Quantico, Virginia. Quantico is a US Marine Corps base. It was a town first and then completely surrounded by the Marine Corps. The base is home to the FBI training academy and the DEA training academy.

I grew up in Richmond, VA and the surrounding areas. Richmond is famous for many things. It's the headquarters of tobacco giant, Phillip Morris. It was also the capitol of the Confederacy during the Civil War. It was also the top of the list for the most murders for a city it's size. That seems to have quelled a bit in the recent past.

I currently live in Hopewell, VA. There is lots of history here as well. Grant used it as a place to stop and calculate his siege during the Civil War. Hopewell is also known for having the largest collection of do it yourself Sears catalog homes that are still standing.

BigThunder
25-10-2008, 12:41 AM
I am from West Virginia famous for coal mines maybe? Has a bad rep founded on some truth but overall nothing like most people perceive it to be.

The best feature could also be it's worst. It's a wonderful small town. Safe & a great place to raise kids. But also boring because there are no good shows or concerts or much of culture to do. Also no real future for our youth; so it's a great place to raise kids & watch them leave as they grow up & head to greener fields :(

Johnie
25-10-2008, 12:47 AM
My mom grew up in Pinsonfork, Kentucky....it's right on the WV line. A coal mine is literally across the creek from my grandma's house. My grandpa was a coal miner....a job I would wish on noone :( My mom joined the Marines because there were no options then. There still aren't. It's very sad.

uscwest
27-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I was born in St. Albans, Vermont, famous for Maple Syrup. It is located in Northern Vermont, not too far from the Canadian border. But I didn't live there long. We moved to Lynn, Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, shortly after I was born and then just before my 4th birthday moved to Northern Virginia where I grew up. I have been back in this area since 1987 now and we currently live in Woodbridge. The Potomac River is only about a mile from my house as the crow flies.

Debbie2
27-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Born, bred and still living in Liverpool. Home to the Beatles, one great football team, LFC and two others :wink:. We have two cathedrals, a wealth of maritime history and heritage. Currently the European Capital of Culture for 2008 and contrary to all the jokes, your cars are relatively safe if you visit :)

BUTTERHEAD1
29-10-2008, 04:04 AM
I was born and raised and still live in New York City(Manhattan).

Bigkitty266
27-02-2009, 05:03 PM
I am from Bolton (westhoughton) :wave:

BOLTON famous for.....

Bolton wanderers ..
Amir Khan...
Peter Kay ...
Vernon Kay..
Katie Sugden (Emmerdale)
Laura White (x factor)

:bounce:

tb2830
27-02-2009, 07:45 PM
i live near tamworth in the midlands 20 miles from birmingham but was born in portsmouth :yes:

oh and we have the snowdome and drayton manor

Ursula
27-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I am presently living in Lincoln In the UK... but wasn't born here. Lincoln has a Cathedral and near the Cathedral every year at Christmas they hold a world famous olde worlde market. The castle is famous for housing the famous Magna Carta. Our Crown court is actually in the castle grounds and many many years ago people were hanged from the castle, you can go and see it and see the trap door. Tom Hanks filmed The Da Vinci Code here in Lincoln. There's probably more but as I'm not from here I don't know it.

wdwgrandma
27-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I was born in Terre Haute, Indiana. Famous for being totally slammed by Steve Martin. I guess he hated the place... It was also where Buffy and Jody were from in the TV show "Family Affair". They totally mispronounced the name. They pronounced it "Terra Hut". The "Haute" part is pronounced just like if you were discussing "haute cuisine".

I grew up in Kokomo, Indiana. What is it famous for besides me??? Well, in Highland Park, the largest city park in Kokomo, there is this really big steer named Old Ben. He was born in the early 1900's and is acclaimed to be the biggest steer in the world. His preserved body is kept in a climate controlled building in the park. There is also a covered bridge in the park - the Vermont Covered Bridge. There is also a HUGE hollow sycamore tree stump. Way back when I was in the Girl Scouts, the local paper took a picture of my troop in one of those "how many Girl Scouts can you stuff into the tree stump" articles!

Kokomo is known as the "City of Firsts". Here are a few of those "firsts":

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWDWGRA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:1968968894; mso-list-template-ids:-470882698;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-number-format:bullet; mso-level-text:?; mso-level-tab-stop:.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Symbol;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

1894 - Elwood Haynes makes the first successful trial run of his "horseless carriage" on Pumpkinvine Pike, which is now Boulevard east of U.S.31.<o:p></o:p>
1894 - The first pneumatic rubber tire was invented by D.C. Spraker at the Kokomo Rubber Tire Company.<o:p></o:p>
1895 - The first aluminum casting was developed by William "Billy" Johnson from the Ford and Donnelly Foundry.<o:p></o:p>
1902 - <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kingston</st1:place></st1:city> carburetor developed by George Kingston.<o:p></o:p>
1906 - The first Stellite cobalt-base alloy was discovered by Elwood Haynes.<o:p></o:p>
1912 - Stainless steel tableware was invented by Elwood Haynes as a response to his wife's desire for tableware that wouldn't tarnish.<o:p></o:p>
1918 - The Howitzer shell, used in World War I, was created by the Superior Machine Tool Company.<o:p></o:p>
1918 - The first aerial bomb with fins was first produced by the Liberty Pressed Metal Company.<o:p></o:p>
1920 - The mechanical corn picker was created by John Powell.<o:p></o:p>
1926 - Carl Molin developed Dirilyte golden-hued tableware.<o:p></o:p>
1928 - The first canned tomato juice was created by Walter Kemp from Kemp Brothers Canning Company in response to a physician's need for baby food.<o:p></o:p>
1938 - The first push-button car radio was created at Delco Radio Division of General Motors Corporation.<o:p></o:p>
1941 - Globe American Stove Company manufactured the first all-metal life boats and rafts.<o:p></o:p>
1947 - The first signal-seeking car radio was created by the Delco Radio Division of General Motors.<o:p></o:p>
1957 - Delco Radio Division of General Motors developed the first all transistor car radio.<sup id="cite_ref-26"></sup><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

*Bambi-Belle*
27-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Iím from a wee toon in the NE of Scotland called Cullen, We are famous for our fish and tattie soup called Cullen skink which is tastier than it sounds and also people come from miles around for our ice-cream.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/PeterPansMum/School2007121.jpg

Tinker
27-02-2009, 10:48 PM
born and raised in a little ole' coal/railroad town known as Phillipsburg New Jersey . The Delaware River that divides us from Easton, Pennsylvanis . I am within a five minute walk of Easton . Easton is the Home Of Crayola Crayons . :D

Johnie
28-02-2009, 12:04 AM
I think Helly may be coming to visit you Tinker!

Tink
28-02-2009, 03:54 AM
Bambi Belle that is a beautiful photo! :yes:

Tinker
28-02-2009, 05:02 AM
I think Helly may be coming to visit you Tinker! I thought !!! :yes:

Taja
28-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Bambi-Belle, that photo is gorgeous! :yes:

Not sure if I mentioned that the Valley of the Sun in famous for having a gazillion golf courses. If you enjoy golf, this is the place to visit during autumn, winter or spring. Strongly recommend giving summer a miss unless you want a 5:00 a.m. tee time! :lol:

Best and worst features? The weather/climate. We have a lovely, temperate winter (for the most part--it does get cold and over night temperatures can drop below freezing--but we do pay for it in the summer. Typically, we reach 100-degre temperatures in late May and they tend to continue throughout September. Not consistent--they drop down to high 90s and spike to 110 degrees+ throughout the summer. We also have serious humidity, but not as many summer storms as we used to have. Think of summer in Orlando, but higher temperatures and a bit less humidity. :rolleyes:

Ursula
01-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Yaaaaaaaay! runs around like a mad thing throwing clothes into suitcases..... and taking an empty one for some very special souvenirs!:excited::excited::excited: