PDA

View Full Version : presidential race

Britchick
25-10-2008, 12:20 PM
so who do you think will win? not who you want to win

Claire
25-10-2008, 12:50 PM
It changes hourly for me. I've gone for Obama.

keith
25-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Obama... I don't believe it's in any way all over though! The more people say obama is bound to win, the less people will bother going out to vote for him.

I think Palin was a huge mistake :yes:

Tink
25-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm literally sick to my stomach with uncertainty. :(

I'm going to vote today, as I will be out of the state on election day.

This country desperately needs a leader who will work to include all peoples, not exclude a given group based on any grounds. :(

Scary times. Scary times.

Britchick
25-10-2008, 02:01 PM
it will be ok Tink:hug2: didn't want to bring worry to the forums, just interested to see our opinion and then the outcome thats all :hug2:

I'm literally sick to my stomach with uncertainty. :(

I'm going to vote today, as I will be out of the state on election day.

This country desperately needs a leader who will work to include all peoples, not exclude a given group based on any grounds. :(

Scary times. Scary times.

Britchick
25-10-2008, 02:01 PM
I think Palin was a huge mistake :yes:

i agree, i can't believe they came up with that tbh!

Tink
25-10-2008, 02:08 PM
I know honey. But you know me. I'll worry first, about nearly anything. Don't worry about me! :lol: :hug1:

Britchick
25-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I know honey. But you know me. I'll worry first, about nearly anything. Don't worry about me! :lol: :hug1:

i though worry was my middle name :lol: i'm worried at the moment too, i have no reason to financially i don't think but all this constant talk of recession is worrying me to death!

Tink
25-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Oh gosh. Don't I know it. :( Every time you turn around there is another aspect of tough economic times being discussed on the news. :sigh;

Johnie
25-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Idon't know who is going to win. I HOPE it's Obama. Thsi country needs change desperately. The last 8 years have been horrible. We don't need more of the same. Palin scares me.

Dawn
25-10-2008, 03:30 PM
What Johnie says. HOPE that it's Obama. Really do hope.

Jodie
25-10-2008, 03:37 PM
I think it's going to be Obama but rather than him winning the race I suspect Mcain is talking & blundering himself out of it

mainecoon lover
25-10-2008, 03:46 PM
I hope its Obama, Mcain gives me the creeps. Who knows though.

Skywatcher
25-10-2008, 04:36 PM
I hope beyond hope it is Obama - I am sure that the reason the world is paying so much attention to this american election though has more to do with the present encumbant and the legacy he has left.

sorry but thats how I feel

BigThunder
25-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Idon't know who is going to win. I HOPE it's Obama. Thsi country needs change desperately. The last 8 years have been horrible. We don't need more of the same. Palin scares me.

:yeahthat:

PsychoAlice
25-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Well...Im the only one for McCain so far...Ive already voted

BevW
25-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Another McCain backer....I've read too much about Obama to be comfortable with him.

Tink
25-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I voted today. Took nearly an hour. There was quite a long line. It seems this is going to be a big turn out. That's as it should be. :yes:

It really hurt not to use the write in space. :cry1:

Tinker
25-10-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm gutted over this whole presidential race . I'm not real comfortable with Obama, but I definitely don't want McCain in office .
I think Obama will win, no matter whom I vote for .
On another note Bev , did you see that Colin Powell has endorsed Obama and that McCain told one of his guests that shouted Obama was a terrorist, that he is Not, He is a good family man . I about fell off the chair .
May we ask, Sister Tink ? whom did you decide on ? We value your opinion .

Wendy
26-10-2008, 12:43 PM
I think if MacCain hadn't chosen Palin he would have won, now I think it will be very very close :sigh; and it wouldn't surprise me if he will make it by the skin of his teeth though :shrug:

It's going to be one close call :(

mgmrach
26-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I agree with wendy that palin is just scary :rolleyes008:

I still think mccain will win though

it's been a terrible campaign from what has been shown on the tv though. Why can people get away with calling obama a terrorist because of his name and why can people say mccain is ill when his medical tests say hes not

mud slinging everywhere

Wendy
26-10-2008, 01:02 PM
I know this is completely off topic, but whenever I hear MacCain's name I think of frozen oven chips :o sorry.

Claire
26-10-2008, 01:08 PM
I know this is completely off topic, but whenever I hear MacCain's name I think of frozen oven chips :o sorry.
Snap! That and those potato Smilie Faces!

Dawn
26-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Yep I always get the Chip thing too. :lol:

BigThunder
26-10-2008, 05:01 PM
i don't get the chip thing? maybe a british thing? or i'm just lost, lol.

Claire
26-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Here you are BigThunder!

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn147/tushy3241/ovenchips_large.jpg

Very much a 'UK' thing! These are a popular brand of chips (fries) here in the UK.

BigThunder
26-10-2008, 05:18 PM
oh! haha, well, thanks for letting me know. :D

kazzaqld
26-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Also a brand here - they just recently changed their logos, wonder if it's a coincidence!

:lol:

I hope it is Obama - I hope the polls are right. :yes:

Taja
27-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I'll probably decide just before I vote on November 4th! :lol:

Both candidates are good people. I agree with some issues as both have outlined, and disagree with many others. Neither understands the economy--not surprising, as everything changed suddenly--and I'm not comfortable with what either has said regarding the economy. :sigh;

Living in Arizona, I've watched John McCain develop into a politician over the years. Some development has been favourable, some not. :rolleyes:

Polls really are inconclusive--they depend on who is surveyed and when the survey is done.

I think it's still pretty much a toss-up at this point. I'm not thrilled with either VP selection. IMHO, overall, Obama seems to be handling the campaign pressures better than McCain--at least what I see on television. Who knows how they react in private? :unsure:

I'm officially on the record as I have no idea! :lol:

Dawn
04-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Come on then people get out and vote.

I'm voting for Ruth. :D

Watchinherskip
04-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Come on then people get out and vote.

I'm voting for Ruth. :D

Done, and done Dawn! Tremendous turnout. Largest I have seen here in my voting district ever (well since moving here in 1979). Weather...pretty bad. Rainy and windy..at least it is warm. Lines...long - they started in the parking lot, went through the churche in que lines - three of them. Voters - all excited and very very pleasant and civil. I guess it is a bit late for all the animosity that was spread by each candidates "machine". Time needed - 1 hour 45 minutes - so I was a little late for work..:p

Oh I can get a free Starbucks coffee today!:p015: and a Krispy Kreme doughnut

josh.p.
04-11-2008, 11:02 PM

SNAP.

:nothingtoadd:

Claire
04-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Just a quick question. Why are the queues to vote so long? Whenever we've had an election here I've never had to wait at a polling station. Just turn up, grab my stubby pencil and write my X. I've seen reports of people waiting up to 6 hours!

Johnie
05-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Voter turnout is huge this year. We usually get less than 50% turnout.