PDA

View Full Version : Is the credit crunch affecting your disney plans?

mgmrach
26-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Im sitting here with a hot chocolate gazing at the virgin holidays brochure for 2009 wishing away

In the past I've booked knowing that we'll be able to save for the holiday and it will work out. Dont get me wrong, we book economy and pop century so its not upper class and the grand floridian or anything

Im so worried now. Both our jobs have been fine so far but every news programme is telling us how bad things will be in 2009

So are you booking and thinking you'll deal with problems as and when or are you holding back?

Dizneyblonde
26-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I booked in February before there was all this bad news and i know i am going to struggle to pay it all off before we go so i will just pay the rest when we get back!

Johnie
26-10-2008, 04:36 PM
I booked two trips for next year. I'm hoping everything will work out.

Britchick
26-10-2008, 05:26 PM
we're not going to disney next year but will be going to the US- i'm thinking of getting a smaller car due to the tumbling dollar- usually we go for a people carrier or SUV- may go for a car now

Wendy
26-10-2008, 07:12 PM
:sigh; we are talking about it now. I have to book flights next month if we are going to go away next year, so hopefully we will be able to go back to Florida :fingers:

The holiday we had planned - Chris' special 50th birthday holiday is definitely out :( but as Chris said, so long as we can afford to go somewhere we should count our lucky stars :p015:

Tink
26-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Our Chris isn't going to Hawaii for his birthday, Wendy? :(

waterfordminnie
26-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Probably wont have as many ADR's as originally planned but I am sure my waistline will be more than happy,

Wendy
27-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Our Chris isn't going to Hawaii for his birthday, Wendy? :(

No :sigh; it doesn't look like it, we just can't afford it.

If we are lucky :fingers: we will be able to come back to Florida and maybe we could have a few days in the Keys or something - just to do something different. So it's not all bad :)

Taja
27-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Indirectly, it affected my plans for this year. I cancelled my December trip due to a greedy house (maintenance/repairs exceeded my maintenance budget plus my travel budget for this year!) and work.

Technically, I still could afford to go. But I am pulling back and will book for next year and hope for the best. I'll just have to see how things go financially next year. I'm aiming for late November/early December again.

Beccaberry
29-10-2008, 08:22 PM
I have to say I rarely (barring illness or accident) let *anything* affect my holiday plans. To me, they are almost sacred. I'll cut back on just about everything else...clothes, eating out, movies, etc...before I'll give up my holiday. For me, in many ways, they are a necessity.

Johnie
29-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I agree, my holidays are much needed. It's like a physical, mental and emotional restoration. Do you think I could get my medical insurance to pay for at least some of it? ;)

Taja
30-10-2008, 02:27 PM
I would love to consider a holiday/vacation a necessity--and it is to a certain extent--but when it doesn't make sense financially, it just doesn't happen. I don't spend much money on clothing, entertainment, dining out, etc., so there isn't much to cut back.

I know. I'm weird! :sigh;

:lol:

Rosie0610
30-10-2008, 04:43 PM
I agree, my holidays are much needed. It's like a physical, mental and emotional restoration. Do you think I could get my medical insurance to pay for at least some of it? ;)

Only if you go to the spa on vacation Johnie ;)

For me it's not so much about the WDW expenses. It's the airfare and dog sitting and all the little things that add up when you go on vacation.

We do have a plan to go to WDW for Easter this year but I"m not so sure about it. We'd be staying at FW with my parents in the trailor but I don't know if it'll be worth it. We also booked bounceback free dining for next Sept but that's still in the 'not sure' category too!