PDA

View Full Version : I just tried to watch...

josh.p.
28-10-2008, 03:10 PM
... High School Musical :shocked025:

I'm NOT a fan. I could imagine I'd be it's biggest fan, if I was like 8, but it was just TOO cheesy for me. I only managed to watch 40 minutes into it and had to turn it off.

Johnie
28-10-2008, 03:11 PM
I haven't watched any of it except what I've seen at WDW and on commercials.

MystikPiglit
28-10-2008, 03:12 PM
... I only managed to watch 40 minutes into it and had to turn it off.

:lol: I expect it felt much, much longer.

I haven't seen any HSM but I tried to watch Camp Rock...... I only managed 20 mins. :D

josh.p.
28-10-2008, 03:15 PM
:lol: I expect it felt much, much longer.

I haven't seen any HSM but I tried to watch Camp Rock...... I only managed 20 mins. :D
I was seriously expecting an ending to come very soon.. then I noticed it was only 40 mins in and I thought... no thank you! and switched it off.

Those people in camp rock really annoy me and I've not even seen the film.

MystikPiglit
28-10-2008, 03:16 PM
:laugh:

Dawn
28-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Even the trailers for HSM and Camp Rock are too long for me.

foreverducky
28-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Back in my day, we had Grease and Grease 2. I proudly say that I can sing all the songs to Grease 2 (my personal favorite).

Johnie
28-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Obviously Joe Jonas was not wearing his white pants in Camp Rock ;)

Beccaberry
28-10-2008, 04:08 PM
I've seen them all...and I'm taking Baleigh to see HSM3 in the theatres this weekend...

Yes, they are cheesy. Yes, they are droll. Yes, I want to burn the hairs on my arm.

But hey, it opens up a dialogue with my daughter that I don't usually have...so I'll take it.

Claire
28-10-2008, 04:25 PM
When I think about some of the things Maisie could be watching I would choose HSM every time. They are harmless, fun, musical and send out a good message. TBH they have brought nothing but pleasure in our house! Bear in mind the kind of audience they are aiming for. I think they're fab! Couldn't watch a whole one myself though

Jodie
28-10-2008, 05:34 PM
TBH they have brought nothing but pleasure in our house! Bear in mind the kind of audience they are aiming for. I think they're fab! Couldn't watch a whole one myself though

Love the under the breath comment!

Personally I love 'em but the only reason Gavin stayed awake during HSM3 is because he's developed a crush on Vanessa Hudgens!

lisaw
28-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Love the under the breath comment!

Personally I love 'em but the only reason Gavin stayed awake during HSM3 is because he's developed a crush on Vanessa Hudgens!

:lol:

I've seen HSM3 twice now, I loved it - I'm all for a bit of cheesy romance and big song and dance numbers and it definitely felt more grown up than the other two - oh and then there was Zac - he's definitely grown up a lot! :D;)

Jodie
28-10-2008, 06:06 PM
:lol:

I've seen HSM3 twice now, I loved it - I'm all for a bit of cheesy romance and big song and dance numbers and it definitely felt more grown up than the other two - oh and then there was Zac - he's definitely grown up a lot! :D;)

TWICE! I'm jealous! :p015:

josh.p.
28-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Back in my day, we had Grease and Grease 2. I proudly say that I can sing all the songs to Grease 2 (my personal favorite).
I LOVE grease, but hated grease 2 :(

I like the songs in high school musical though

Taja
29-10-2008, 01:44 PM
The original HSM is pretty good--and it came out of no where, which made it more interesting. HSM2 felt very forced to me. Probably won't see HSM3 until it comes to television.

In terms of the main characters, IMHO Ashley Tisdale has the best voice and Vanessa Hudgens' voice has an annoying timbre and lacks power. I can hear every time she changes registers! And they increase the volume on her voice to be heard over the others :rolleyes:

Realistically, nearly all musicals have limted story lines and can be considered "cheesey." From Busby Berkeley (spelling?) to the Frankie & Annette movies of the 60s to HSM and it's relatives. Even the musicals I love fall into that category--sadly. :sigh;

I consider "Grease" to be one of the worst musicals ever. But I'm not a fan of the 50s, so I'm a bit prejudiced on the story line and time period. IMHO, the leads (movie) have terrible voices--not much power and you can hear when they change registers--an absolute no-no in my book!