PDA

View Full Version : Pre-requesting meals on a Virgin flight?

MystikPiglit
28-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Has anyone put in a dietery meal request on a Virgin flight? Such as 'low-fat', vegetarian etc?
How did you fare with the result?
Would you do it again?

Dawn
28-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Does ordering a kids meal count because I've done that. And the kid got one. Didn't eat it though as the pizza had congealed all over the chips. :eek:

keith
28-10-2008, 03:42 PM
I put in a phone request for "edible please" when asked but I can confirm that my request was ignored :( ;)

lisaw
28-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I always put in a request for veggie and then it turns out to be curry so DH eats that as well as his - I end up with all the little extras - 2 mini rolls, 2 salads.

One thing though if you order veggie you don't get one of those yummy Gu chocolate puds you get a bunch of grapes instead :rolleyes008: So I nick DH's one of those as well :lol:

MystikPiglit
28-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Didn't eat it though as the pizza had congealed all over the chips. :eek:

Eeuuwww....

I put in a phone request for "edible please" when asked but I can confirm that my request was ignored :( ;)

:lol: Really, that's a surprise.

One thing though if you order veggie you don't get one of those yummy Gu chocolate puds you get a bunch of grapes instead :rolleyes008: So I nick DH's one of those as well :lol:

:lol:

I don't usually eat much of the food. The best meal I had was when they had runout of everything except curry and I loathe that. So she let me have a kiddies meal of sausage and mash. It was yummy!

One of the pre-order options was low-fat so I wondered how that would affect the main meal..... ?

Dawn
28-10-2008, 04:16 PM
You wouldn't get the GU pudding or the cheese and biscuits probably.

I did a summer job at an airline catering firm when at uni. Best prepared meals are the kosher ones.

MystikPiglit
28-10-2008, 04:19 PM
cheese and biscuits probably.
I wouldn't miss that. :lol:

I did a summer job at an airline catering firm when at uni.
You've had some interesting jobs. :)

Dawn
28-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Yep I once sent a whole Britannia meal set out to the plane with Monarch after dinner mints on each meal tray. :oops:

MystikPiglit
28-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Yep I once sent a whole Britannia meal set out to the plane with Monarch after dinner mints on each meal tray. :oops:

:laugh:

Jodie
28-10-2008, 05:42 PM

If they didn't put the pudding on a veggie meal tray is it because it has animal fat in it?

Jodie
28-10-2008, 05:43 PM

Well done! Did anybody notice, I can see it been missed by everyone apart from the customers....