PDA

View Full Version : Some pointed observations...

Dawn
30-10-2008, 02:27 PM
...from the swimming pool.

MEN

If you are extremely overweight please don't get in the pool wearing tiny Speedos.
If you have an abnormally hairy back - just stay away from the pool please, you're scaring everyone.
If you are an extremely overdeveloped bodybuilder please don't get in the pool wearing tiny Speedos - doesn't all develop in proportion does it? :wink:
If you take your mobile phone into the pool it will get wet. (no I'm not kidding)

LADIES

You are in a swimming pool. Expect to get wet. I don't care how much your hair cost to have done by Tristan yesterday it will get wet. If I see you trying to keep your hair dry - I will splash you. Especially if you are wearing spectacles and trying to keep them dry too. :evil:
If you don't want to be hit between the eyes by a jet of water from a water cannon - don't swim within its range you stupid woman.
It's a swimming pool. There are arms flailing everywhere. Take your earrings out.

LIFEGUARDS

When you sit up on the high chairs we can see up the leg of your shorts. I recommend underwear of some type. :eek:

Anyone who's interested you can these sights and many more at the Olympos Leisure Centre in Burgess Hill. :lol:

Ursula
30-10-2008, 02:51 PM
I love those flowery swim caps they put on.... hideous.... I don't want to get my hair wet but I don't mind in the slightest if it ends up plastered flat to my head and smelling rubbery.

Johnie
30-10-2008, 02:56 PM
eww Speedos are not anyone's friend.

Tink
30-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Ah, the juice pigs. Nope. Proportion is not their forte! :lol:

Shellyamc
30-10-2008, 03:29 PM
When you sit up on the high chairs we can see up the leg of your shorts. I recommend underwear of some type. :eek:

:surprised010:

Isafari
30-10-2008, 03:46 PM
:lol: sounds like you've had a very interesting day Dawn!

lisaw
30-10-2008, 04:00 PM
I hate public swimming pools and that has just confirmed to me why! :lol:

Claire
30-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Swim suit? ?
Towel? ?
12p shampoo? ?
Deodorant? ?
Directions to Olympos Leisure Centre in Burgess Hill? ?

SEE YA LATER KIDS!

sound of door slamming

Disneybumble
30-10-2008, 05:00 PM
I always splash a lady with dry hair:p. Usually my mother. It's water what do you expect.
Great story here. In 1992 we were at TL. My SIL is a don't get my hair wet sort of person. There were4 of us in the boat ready to go down a ride(sorry long time ago). Anyways the CM saw how dry she was and twirled the boat around so she went right under a waterfall. We all laughed loudly :p015: she didn't, which made us laugh more.

Johnie
30-10-2008, 09:17 PM
My grandma would always get in the pool with us with a firm warning to not get her head wet. I never understood the point of getting in the pool :confused:

Taja
31-10-2008, 02:40 PM
My grandma would always get in the pool with us with a firm warning to not get her head wet. I never understood the point of getting in the pool :confused:

It's still a nice way to cool off, even if you don't want to ruin your hair style. :)

My Aunt Marion was one of the "don't get my hair wet" types and my Aunt Ida just the opposite--she would dive and splash with the kids! As I've gotten older and now add colour to my hair (seroiusly considering discontinuing that!), I understsand my Aunt Marion's attitude a bit better. The chlorine does nasty things to hair colour! :eek:

I love to swim, which is why I'm considering eliminating the hair colour routine. Unfortunately, it still looks like a calico cat--very patchy colours. :rolleyes: It needs to go seriously salt & pepper or white to look good. :sigh;

Grammiepo
31-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Yep, it is time for all the young folks to give old ladies(like me a break) Don't cannonball in on top of me, if I want to drown I will do it on my own, thank you ,very much.

Ursula
01-11-2008, 12:45 AM
I not going to get my feet wet when I go swimming next time.

so there!

Grammiepo
01-11-2008, 12:16 PM
I not going to get my feet wet when I go swimming next time.

so there!
OH, thanks for the smile, I can just picture you walking on your hands while in the pool.

Tink
01-11-2008, 01:22 PM
LOL! I was picturing Helly on a float of some sort with her feet propped up and the rest of her dangling in the water! LOL.

Does make for an interesting mental image. :D

I don't much care about getting my hair wet either way, but do know many folks who enjoy swimming, and do so without getting their hair/heads wet. Given the very real problems I've had with ear infections I know that some of those folks will end up with a nasty, painful earache if they get their ears wet. Often you will see earplugs in use. I'd not splash anyone deliberately, as I don't know why they need to keep their heads dry.

Sometimes it's just a fear, eh? Some folks don't mind being in the water, but don't want their heads under water, or their faces in the water. Far be it from me to trample on their phobia. I'd not want anyone disrespecting mine! :eek:

Anyway, to each her own! If someone wants to be in the water on their own terms, who am I to interfere? :shrug:

MystikPiglit
01-11-2008, 05:16 PM
If you take your mobile phone into the pool it will get wet. (no I'm not kidding)

LIFEGUARDS

:lol:
and...
Euwwww...

Sometimes it's just a fear, eh? Some folks don't mind being in the water, but don't want their heads under water, or their faces in the water.

That's exactly my problem, Tink. I love swimming but I just can't bear getting my face wet. :shocked025: I no longer swim in public pools. :rolleyes008:

Tink
01-11-2008, 05:18 PM
:hug2:

Dawn
01-11-2008, 05:19 PM
OK I'll rephrase.

If you do not want to get your hair wet do not visit a leisure pool that is festooned with flumes, rapids, water falls, and water jets. :D

Tink
01-11-2008, 05:20 PM
That makes sense. :o

MystikPiglit
01-11-2008, 05:21 PM
If you do not want to get your hair wet do not visit a leisure pool that is festooned with flumes, rapids, water falls, and water jets. :D

Ah.... I agree, that would be foolish. :lol:

Their mobile... seriously?.......... :rolleyes008:

Dawn
01-11-2008, 05:30 PM
I think the man forgot the phone was in the pocket of his swim shorts. :laugh:

MystikPiglit
01-11-2008, 05:31 PM
:lol:

Grammiepo
01-11-2008, 05:44 PM
My friend dropped her's in one of spring mud puddles, didn't do it any good, had to get a new one.(talking cell phone, here) not husbands, kids, mother-in-laws.