PDA

View Full Version : Will you shop online more this christmas?

goofygal
09-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Im always a bit worried about shopping online but Im thinking about it for christmas presents this year so I dont have to fight my way through the queues

Do you shop online?

Jodie
09-11-2008, 12:42 PM
We shop online alot, it's easier than fighting through the shops which I hate but I will still go out as I like the atmosphere of the shops at Christmas, so long as I don't have need anything specific and can leave empty handed if it gets too bad!

mumof2
09-11-2008, 12:47 PM
For most of my Christmas shopping I go to the shops as I like to see what I'm buying, but I do buy some bits online as well. I've ordered a few things onlne over the past few weeks.

Figment
09-11-2008, 12:53 PM
I have shopped predominately online the last several years. It is soooo much easier than running millions of different places to find a *certain something*. Jordan tends to fall in love with obscure stuff, and without the internet I'd never find it.

I shop amazon.com a lot, and they often offer free shipping. I've never had any major problems ordering online.:p015:

Disfan
09-11-2008, 12:58 PM
online as much as I can now :) Really love waiting for the things to arrive although I dont like delivery fees

josh.p.
09-11-2008, 01:02 PM
I usually shop online if I'm gonna get a better price- but sometimes if I'm buying something like a new ipod... I like the trips to the shops, plus I want everything yesterday so I hate waiting for delivery

PsychoAlice
09-11-2008, 01:16 PM
I dont do it very often..only things I can not get here....But I like instant gratification...

Britchick
09-11-2008, 01:18 PM
i do everything online that i possibly can, it takes me 45 mins to drive to the local town and park and i'd much rather be doing other stuff at the weekend.

Claire
09-11-2008, 01:28 PM
To answer your question if you had a look at my bookmarks you will see

Amazon
Apple store
Argos
eBay
EBTM - music inspired fashion
Ikea
Laura Ashley
Monsoon
Nectar
Next
Ocado
paypal
Sainsburys
Tesco

What does that tell you!

foreverducky
09-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I love amazon and have been shopping with them from beginning (you know, when they just sold books). :D

SleepinCatz
09-11-2008, 02:35 PM
we've decided to start getting Christmas ornaments for everyone from now on...takes up less room lol and easy to ship...so the Disney store is getting shopping from us this year...3 for $20 is a great deal for those :)

Dawn
09-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I do a bit.
But I've just been in the Man Utd online store as nephew is a big Ronaldo fan. T-shirt = 8.50, shipping for one t-shirt 4.50!!! :eek:

Rethink on that one. Don't suppose anyone lives near Old Trafford do they? :sigh;

Claire
09-11-2008, 08:34 PM
I do a bit.
But I've just been in the Man Utd online store as nephew is a big Ronaldo fan. T-shirt = 8.50, shipping for one t-shirt 4.50!!! :eek:

Rethink on that one. Don't suppose anyone lives near Old Trafford do they? :sigh;
If there's any chance you can convince nephew that Bournemouth FC are a shedload better than Man U then I might be able to pick you up a Brett Pitman shirt for 2 shillings and sixpence!

Shellyamc
09-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I do half and half. There is some stuff I find online that I just couldn't get in a store, but it does seems to end up cheaper over all if I just shop in the local malls etc.

Johnie
09-11-2008, 08:58 PM
I like shopping in person but I will often go see if I can find a cheaper price online.

Dawn
10-11-2008, 08:03 AM
If there's any chance you can convince nephew that Bournemouth FC are a shedload better than Man U then I might be able to pick you up a Brett Pitman shirt for 2 shillings and sixpence!

Nice offer but I can get a Brighton shirt for a farthing and 2 bottle tops. :D

Skywatcher
10-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Amazon is awesome - do 90 % of my christmas shopping in 1/2 an hour without having to pay parking :D - then play 'delivery time roulette' :D

Wendy
10-11-2008, 09:54 AM
I do most of my shopping online through Quidco if I can and using voucher codes for extra discounts or free delivery if possible :D

I buy from Boots in their half price or less sale a few days before Christmas for next year and I also buy from M & S at midnight on Christmas morning :D for the early bargains.

MystikPiglit
10-11-2008, 11:37 AM
I do my grocery shopping online but I like to go out to the shops for almost everything else. :)

Johnie
10-11-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't think they offer grocery shopping online here but if they did, I'd be all over it! I hate shopping for groceries and I cannot take Mike and Alysia or I end up spending way more than I planned!