PDA

View Full Version : Candles

Dorothy
12-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I was at the Yankee Candle store and I saw a friend of mine there and she was buying a bunch of votives in all different scents and I asked her what her favorite was and she said she didn't a certain one, but she loves all the fruity ones.

I like clean fresh scents and the only fruity ones I like are lemon and mulberry (only at Christmas though). I can't tolerate the flowery smelly ones, they give me a headache :rolleyes008:

So, what's you favorite candle scent???

Isafari
12-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Never had a Yankee candle so I wouldn't know what I'm missing :lol:
However....clean and fresh scents in a candle....I'm thinking Mr Muscle etc :shocked025: Not my cup of tea:confused:

Britchick
12-11-2008, 09:14 PM
i like the winter ones like spiced berry and cinnamon and pumpkin pie, they make it feel so homely

Johnie
12-11-2008, 09:16 PM
ohhhhhh one of my very favorite things....Yankee Candles.

Well my very favorite scent in the whole world is Pineapple Paradise. They've retired it :mad: Luckily, they sometimes bring back those and you can purchase them. I bought all 5 they had last year.

Mike's favorite is Key Lime Pie. Again, they no longer make that one. I DID find some in the returning treasures section at the store and got them for him.

I tend to like fruity scents. I do not like the flowery or clean scents at all. Some of the food ones are ok. White Chocolate Mint at Christmas is DIVINE. I think they may not make that anymore either :(

Macintosh is an awesome scent if you like the way apples smell. It lasts a long time too. I tend to put a car jar in the car.

Johnie
12-11-2008, 09:20 PM
oh I have YC coupon codes for people too. Not sure if you can use them in the UK though.

The scent story players are $10 on the website. The disks are buy 2, get 1 free. I didn't need to use a coupon.

There is a coupon code XF8112 for buy 2 jars, get 2 jars free. That is good till 11/30/08

There is also $10 off a $25 purchase with code A3L5HY good till 11/29/08.

I was able to use buy the scent story players and use the $10 off coupon last night.

lisaw
12-11-2008, 09:24 PM
I like the fruity smells best, Macintosh is lovely and I like the pink grapefruit one as well. One of my favourites though is Fresh Cut Roses, it reminds me of making rose perfume from petals when I was little and selling it to my mum and my nan. :p015:

Britchick
12-11-2008, 09:27 PM
it reminds me of making rose perfume from petals when I was little and selling it to my mum and my nan. :p015:

lol i used to do that!!

Claire
12-11-2008, 09:32 PM
OH one of my favourite subjects!

My current favourite (they change frequently!) is Beach Walk. I swear you can smell the surf! My all-time favourite after my current favourite is Clean Cotton. It used to be French Vanilla but I found that a little overpowering at times. I tend to go for the fresher, crisper scents as opposed to the sweet, heavy ones, I know what you mean about getting a headache Dorothy!

I'm itching to smell the Eggnog one! Has anyone smelt it yet?

Isafari
12-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm itching to smell the Eggnog one! Has anyone smelt it yet?

That sounds really......ick!!!!! Would hate my house to smell like eggnog :lol: I guess we all have different tastes eh!

Claire
12-11-2008, 09:34 PM
That sounds really......ick!!!!! Would hate my house to smell like eggnog :lol: I guess we all have different tastes eh!

I've no idea what Eggnog smells like! Is it bad? :unsure:

Shellyamc
12-11-2008, 09:35 PM
I like anything the smells like food :rofl:

The "clean" ones are sometimes just too much for me. I looooove the banana nut bread one :p015:

Claire
12-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Oh that reminds me - I bought a Fruit Smoothie tartlet thingy last week and I had to chuck it. Made me feel sick!

Johnie
12-11-2008, 09:55 PM
You can always take back a YC and exchange it. They have a very liberal return policy!! I've been told that if you get a tart or votive and don't like you, you can bring it in to exchange.

Shellyamc
12-11-2008, 09:57 PM
You can always take back a YC and exchange it. They have a very liberal return policy!! I've been told that if you get a tart or votive and don't like you, you can bring it in to exchange.

Wow, that is pretty cool. I had no idea..

Claire
12-11-2008, 10:47 PM

Nice idea although I'm wondering how I would manage as I'd melted it in my tart warmer! Worth remembering though if I'm given one as a gift that I'm not keen on.

josh.p.
12-11-2008, 10:53 PM
I don't have any Yankee candles, never smelt them either, but I LOVE the smell of the cinnamon candles you get at Christmas! oh and the nice smelling vanilla ones mum gets from some girly shop (au naturale maybe?!)

Johnie
12-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Nice idea although I'm wondering how I would manage as I'd melted it in my tart warmer! Worth remembering though if I'm given one as a gift that I'm not keen on.

Pop the warmer into the freezer. The candle should pop out. You can take that the YC shop. haven't done so but apparently this is a frequent occurrence. Did I tell you that I am on a first name basis with the people in my store? :p

PsychoAlice
13-11-2008, 04:57 AM
I hate being in the sticks!!

Ugh..and I hate buying candles I havent smelled first..I like the flowery ones though

Dawn
13-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Gingerbread!!!

And I like Fresh Cut Roses and Water Garden. But the Christmassy scents are the best. :D

Skywatcher
13-11-2008, 08:26 AM
ooo they have these at the paradise Park garden centre / walt Disney world equivalent in Newhaven where I met Dawn once :D

Liked the niff of the Shortbread one very much :D

tb2830
13-11-2008, 09:00 AM
my favourite yankee candle is the baby powder one :p015:

Dawn
13-11-2008, 12:13 PM
We have our very own Yankee Candle shop in Worthing - 2 minutes walk from my office. :D

Dorothy
13-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Never had a Yankee candle so I wouldn't know what I'm missing :lol:
However....clean and fresh scents in a candle....I'm thinking Mr Muscle etc :shocked025: Not my cup of tea:confused:

NOOOO..... not Mr. Muscle, they are called "Fresh Scents" like, the ocean scent one and I have one called beach walk that it just wonderful. And don't even get me started on the Christmas ones :wink:

Claire
13-11-2008, 01:29 PM
All this talk of Yankee Candles sent me running to my local store (http://www.lumin-essence.co.uk/) to buy this little baby!

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn147/tushy3241/Image095.jpg

I'm currently melting on of my Beach Walk tarts in it and I love it!

I also bought a Mistletoe car fragrances and it also smells yummy!

Taja
13-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Not a big fan of candles in general, although I'll use them on the dinner table occasionally.

Unscented candles only. Fragrance triggers migraines in my family. :shrug:

Dawn
13-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Ooh I need a mistletoe car one now.

Johnie
13-11-2008, 02:28 PM
I love tarts and tart warmers!

Dawn
13-11-2008, 02:31 PM
You know the word "tart" has a different meaning over here?

It's used to describe a ummmmm...loose woman. :eek:

Does anyone remember Ma Boswell from Bread? :lol:

Claire
13-11-2008, 02:33 PM
You know the word "tart" has a different meaning over here?

It's used to describe a ummmmm...loose woman. :eek:

Does anyone remember Ma Boswell from Bread? :lol:

Lilo Lil'!

Johnie
13-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Yes, tart is also meant to imply a loose woman here. The little candles are called tarts and that thing Claire posted a pic of is a tart warmer.

Ursula
13-11-2008, 02:39 PM
I have and LOVE Clean Cotton and Sunwashed Linen. I LOVE the coconut, leather and beach ones for the car. Not tried the baby powder one yet but think I would love that one.

Claire
13-11-2008, 02:40 PM
I have and LOVE Clean Cotton and Sunwashed Linen. I LOVE the coconut, leather and beach ones for the car. Not tried the baby powder one yet but think I would love that one.

Had a feeling you'd like leather...

Watchinherskip
13-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Had a feeling you'd like leather...
:ashamed008: Do tell! :p

I like those too, but love the spicey ones like Cinamin Stick, a spiced apple smell is good in the fall too, over the holidays bayberry or Home for the Holidays scent, but our all time favorite has to be Fireside....sort of reminds you of a wood fire as we have gone to gas insert for our fireplace (not nearly as nice as our old wood fires, but a lot more convenient):p015:

Isafari
13-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Well, from what everyone has said I think I would go for the floral or vanilla...maybe a fruity too :lol: Don't like the thought of Christmas ones...or cinamon. To me, a candle means relaxation.

foreverducky
13-11-2008, 06:30 PM
I love the Balasm Cedar during christmas time, but during any other time I love the fruit smells (like apples and oranges). I don't like any flowers....they give me a headache. I sometimes like the "water" smelling ones, but I don't think I'd like them in my house. :D

Tinker
14-11-2008, 11:02 PM
I was in the Yankee candle store yesterday . I love the Gingerbread smell this year . Last year, it was the sparkling cinnamon & bayberry .
Thanks for posting the coupon code, Johnie .

Johnie
15-11-2008, 01:17 AM
You are most welcome!

I was in YC tonight too. They do not have my favorite Christmas scent, White Chocolate Mint. I am a jinx!!

I must have missed the gingerbread.

Tinker
15-11-2008, 01:47 AM
I just got 2 medium candles Gingerbread & Christmas Cookie for $29.99 and $10.00 off with the code . Kim & Pat like Christmas Cookie , so theres another gift for $10.00 and I get my gingerbread candle . :D

mainecoon lover
15-11-2008, 07:42 PM
I spent $80 in Yankee candles last week :yes:. It was an outlet as well so came home with loads. Dh was really impressed as he has to carry them :lol:. I love gingerbread, cinnamon and sugar or coconut. I hate the flowery ones especially roses.