PDA

View Full Version : Beginning to Look Like Christmas!

Watchinherskip
17-11-2008, 05:22 PM
And feel it too! Big cold front going through. Good. We set record highs last week. (Felt JUST like being at WDW - warm, slight breeze and humid).

Now to the post...they are setting up all the lights for Saturday's Grand Illumination of the cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth. There will be parades with bands and floats and the throwing of the "switch" to light up both sides of the water. I have to change out the public show to put in our Christmas show 'tis The Season. This planetarium show goes into the customs of the holidays such as candles, gift giving, and the possible explanations for the Christmas Star. Guess I will be putting on all the Christmas Music - radio stations have already started 24 hours of holiday music already...sheesh.

Oh well Happy Holidays.

Tink
17-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Oh sounds so pretty! I've not ever seen it.

Are you going to be able to take any photos? :D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! :yes:

MystikPiglit
17-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Ooh, yes, photos please. :D

Shellyamc
17-11-2008, 06:25 PM
It is snowing here today!!!! Up north they are looking at about 10 inches so far :bounce009:

Dh and I have had the Christmas music going and last night we all sat and watched Mickey's once upon a Christmas. Katelyn loved it!! We have one radio station that is all Christmas now and for the first time ever in my life I am thinking about shopping on black friday :unsure: I have the Christmas bug..

Johnie
17-11-2008, 06:25 PM
We were down in Norfolk yesterday and then went to Va Beach so I could see the ocean. It calms me :p015: Anyway, they had the lights on the boardwalk up. It was nice to see. It was also freezing down by the water!

Rosie0610
17-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh gosh, they are calling for snow tonight (just in time for the Buffalo Bills Monday night football game!) in our area. It looks like just about 2" in my town but close by they are calling for over 12"! Yucko!

I'll take snow on Christmas Eve and Day but for the other 363 days a year I'll take sunshine and HEAT!

Watchinherskip
17-11-2008, 06:29 PM
We were down in Norfolk yesterday and then went to Va Beach so I could see the ocean. It calms me :p015: Anyway, they had the lights on the boardwalk up. It was nice to see. It was also freezing down by the water!

Oh, coool. Did you do the drive through lights there on the boardwalk? They are pretty neat. Didn't think they were up yet. Well not open for the drive through I imagine.

I will try to take some pictures of the illumination and around the Olde Towne to post.

Watchinherskip
17-11-2008, 06:32 PM
It is snowing here today!!!! Up north they are looking at about 10 inches so far :bounce009:

Dh and I have had the Christmas music going and last night we all sat and watched Mickey's once upon a Christmas. Katelyn loved it!! We have one radio station that is all Christmas now and for the first time ever in my life I am thinking about shopping on black friday :unsure: I have the Christmas bug..

Yup season is getting here!

Last night DD wanted to look at the videos from last years trip over thanksgiving. It was really neat to look back at the Christmas decorations all over Disney World. I forgot how beautiful the African themed tree was at AK...love the lights and snow at the Osborne lights, the trees outside Disney Studios, and AK. We liked the background music that I taped when just walking through the parks. Very festive.

Johnie
17-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Oh, coool. Did you do the drive through lights there on the boardwalk? They are pretty neat. Didn't think they were up yet. Well not open for the drive through I imagine.

I will try to take some pictures of the illumination and around the Olde Towne to post.

No, it opens next week but the structures are up now.

josh.p.
17-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I've been feeling festive the whole of last week... and it's not even december yet! :shocked025: My cousin is due to have her baby on the 31st of December, (My late Nan's birthday) and we have our Family christmas 'night out' (we go for a meal and a drink) on the 19th... so a lot to look forward to this Holiday season!

Watchinherskip
17-11-2008, 07:13 PM
No, it opens next week but the structures are up now.

Yes, guess they need to be up and running for the weekend. It is usually sponsored by Chick fil a (did I spell that right?). They used to give you a cassette to pop in that was supposed to go with the display. You also got a coupon for a sandwich.:p015:

Johnie
17-11-2008, 07:14 PM
I knew it was sponsored by someone else! It's sponsored by McDonalds this year according to the sign.

kazzaqld
17-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Southeast Queensland had our worst summer storm in 25 years on Sunday night and they are predicting worse to come, so that's looking like Christmas here.

About 250,000 homes lost power - we were lucky, we only lost it for a few minutes.

Some parts of Brisbane look like a hurricane hit them, some of the local schools are closed (not Gareth's :p ) and they have called in the army to help with the cleanup. We were very very lucky the worst that happened to us was the trampoline is now forcibly parked against the back fence. :oops:

I am going to start Xmas shopping soon - I have been looking for things to tell people when they ask me "What does Gareth want!". :lol: And I know what I want, so that's the important part covered off!

Ah, Christmas, can't wait! :yes:

foreverducky
18-11-2008, 03:52 AM
I know that the real freezing cold weather hasn't really started, but I absolutely froze here tonight after school. I was shaking uncontrollably. I blame it on my Florida blood. I may not make it through the winter up here. I just realized that I'm within 50 miles of Wisconsin...honestly I didn't realize I was so far north. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Watchinherskip
18-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Southeast Queensland had our worst summer storm in 25 years on Sunday night and they are predicting worse to come, so that's looking like Christmas here.

About 250,000 homes lost power - we were lucky, we only lost it for a few minutes.

Some parts of Brisbane look like a hurricane hit them, some of the local schools are closed (not Gareth's :p ) and they have called in the army to help with the cleanup. We were very very lucky the worst that happened to us was the trampoline is now forcibly parked against the back fence. :oops:

I am going to start Xmas shopping soon - I have been looking for things to tell people when they ask me "What does Gareth want!". :lol: And I know what I want, so that's the important part covered off!

Ah, Christmas, can't wait! :yes:

Oh sorry to hear about that. Glad you escaped somewhat unscathed. Have to keep in mind that Christmas is your time for the beaches...and barbaques.

kazzaqld
18-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh sorry to hear about that. Glad you escaped somewhat unscathed. Have to keep in mind that Christmas is your time for the beaches...and barbaques.

It has been really bad for the folks affected -- Luckily it seems to have stopped raining today finally! :fingers:

Yes, definitely looking forward to beaches and barbecues! :yes::bbq: