PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of flexible hairspray?

Poohtle
19-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Can anybody tell me?:unimpressed:

foreverducky
19-11-2008, 03:34 PM
So we wont have helmet head. :D

Rosie0610
19-11-2008, 04:33 PM
So we don't have to look like we did in the 80's! Or was that gel?

Crunchy hair=Not a good look :)

Johnie
19-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Exactly. It's holds the hair in place but it doesn't feel all stiff and gross.

Skywatcher
19-11-2008, 04:35 PM
:unsure:

Poohtle
19-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Well it didn't hold my hair in place!!:thumbsdown: I might as well just have had no hairspray on. Plus I bought 2 lots as it was on offer!!!

Johnie
19-11-2008, 04:51 PM
:thumbsdown: that is awful!

I don't wear hairspray anymore. I used to wear Aqua Net. My hair would not move with that stuff!

mInNiE
19-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Lol, i use Silvikrin which I find great but I only use haispray when my hair is up in a ponytail :smile:

Poohtle
19-11-2008, 06:42 PM
I've not found anything else that really works. I think my hair is fine and flyaway, and droops and flattens when it is short, and just blows around now it is longer.

foreverducky
19-11-2008, 06:50 PM
You totally just described my hair. It's so hard to find something to get my hair to do anything without coming out of the bathroom with helmet head. I now, kinda have the wash and wear hair. I sometimes try it, fluff it around and then go.

Tink
20-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Soft hairspray is an oxymoron. I'm with you Poohtle. :yes: I have thin, baby fine, limp hair. If I don't use cement spray, it won't hold. I have to use a brand that will essentially go on dry. There are some that spray out in droplets, or obvious wetness. Those weigh my hair down and do nothing for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Tresemme has a dry mist that works well. There is a brand I get from my hairstylist (not one of the more recognizable salon brands) that works well too. She's the one who told me about the dry hairspray versus the droplets stuff. I cannot use pump sprays.

So, all that to say, "soft" hairsprays are useless to me. I use none, or the dry spray cement stuff. :shrug:

Poohtle
20-11-2008, 08:32 AM
We have Tresemme over here, so I will look for the dry mist spray. If I don't find it then I am over there in a couple of weeks, so I will have a look. thanks for that!!

I might also just have short hair again by then.:lol:

PsychoAlice
20-11-2008, 12:10 PM
See picture below....I gave up on hairspray ages ago...

Tink
20-11-2008, 12:57 PM
One of the things I like about Tresemme is the price. I found the largest size spray cans of it in Walmart (YEP! :eek: ) the other day for less than $3.00 each! WOWEEE! I bought several.

There are different types, and it does say "dry" right on the can, so you won't have problems picking it out.

I do have short hair and I use it. :unsure:

Sarah. If I had your hair, I wouldn't worry about a thing, let alone hairspray!

Taja
20-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Definite fan of flexible hairspray and not a fan of helmet hair! :lol: Lived with AquaNet hairspray and Dippity-Do and Dep hair gels from childhood on. Definite helmet hair! :eek:

I have very thick, wavey/kinky hair that pretty much does as it pleases. I try to contain it in a reasonable style for work, but some days it just gets pulled back. :shrug: I wore it long until late October, then had it layered. It really has a mind of it's own now! I need to learn how to style it again! :lol: