PDA

View Full Version : i am the queen of bargains

Britchick
20-11-2008, 10:54 AM
:yes:I'm really glad i waited to get the things i wanted from M&S online, had lots of pressies etc already in my basket. Anyway basket came to 125, 20% off some of the things already and 3 for 2s, free delivery -cost 82 then i had some coupons for my M&S cards -8 of vouchers in next mailing and i went through quidco -4.10 soooooooooo i saved 55 total woohoo

i think as i saved it it should be mine to spend

mumof2
20-11-2008, 10:56 AM
wow - you did really well didn't you.....i also think the savings you it must be yours to spend, that *is* how it works i believe :wink:

Tink
20-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Uh oh. Johhhhhhhhnie... Brit's trying to claim your title! :D :D

Nice work Brit. If I give you all my money can you shop for me too? :D :D

Johnie
20-11-2008, 01:07 PM
:happydance: good deal, you have learned well!

Now about that Queen title........perhaps you can be a Princess? :wink:

Britchick
20-11-2008, 01:08 PM
you know i thought i'd heard it somewhere!!! go on then princess :thumbsup:

Tink
20-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Oooooh, Princess. That's nice. :yes:

We are building our own Royalty! I like it!!!

Me? Oh, I'll stick with Scullery Maid. :sigh: Given my inability to shop for love or money, it suits. :(

daveann
20-11-2008, 01:17 PM
ive just tried to go to our local m and s been on the car park for 15 mins and its gridlocked finally got off it and came home if i never save 20% im not fighting that lot so now gonna do it at my leasure online.

congrats britchick thats a big saving

Tink
20-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Sounds like the day after Thanksgiving here. It's the day that Christmas shopping traditionally "starts." Stores lure you with super cheap items...

I tried it once. Back in oh, probably 1985 or so. Seriously. Never, ever will go out in that mob scene again. Crazy isn't the word for it! :eek:

Britchick
20-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Sounds like the day after Thanksgiving here. It's the day that Christmas shopping traditionally "starts." Stores lure you with super cheap items...

I tried it once. Back in oh, probably 1985 or so. Seriously. Never, ever will go out in that mob scene again. Crazy isn't the word for it! :eek:

i did it once with a friend Tink, we started at 5am got really hassled up and ended up in a local mexican restaurant for an early lunch, too many margaritas were consumed adn we had to call our hubbies to pick us up :lol: got loads of bargains though. Never again!

Tink
20-11-2008, 01:27 PM
LOLOL!

When living in the north, I had an "across the street" neighbor who didn't drive. One year, we went Christmas shopping time and time again.

It would consist of this:

"You want to go shopping tonight?" "Sure!" "OK. Pick you up at..."
"OK. Where do you want to go?" "Don't feel much like shopping now. Want to go get some dinner?" :D :D We'd head off to a restaurant. Have a lovely peaceful meal, and chat away for hours. No shopping ever got done, but our mental health was great! :D :D

mumof2
20-11-2008, 02:14 PM
LOLOL!

When living in the north, I had an "across the street" neighbor who didn't drive. One year, we went Christmas shopping time and time again.

It would consist of this:

"You want to go shopping tonight?" "Sure!" "OK. Pick you up at..."
"OK. Where do you want to go?" "Don't feel much like shopping now. Want to go get some dinner?" :D :D We'd head off to a restaurant. Have a lovely peaceful meal, and chat away for hours. No shopping ever got done, but our mental health was great! :D :D

:lol: my friend and I used to go late night shopping (not *that* late - the shops shut at 8pm!) and on the odd occassion if we weren't too tired after all that trudging around we'd go for a drink afterwards - wish I'd done it your way, it sounds like MUCH more fun!

Taja
20-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Congratulations, Princess BC! Nice work! :thumbsup:

My shopping skills/tolerance are about the same as Tink's. :rolleyes:

I used to take my mother and Aunt Norma shopping the day after Thanksgiving. We didn't have stores in this area yet, so had to drive across town. We started out about 5:00 a.m. (stores opened at 6:00) and we worked our way to an early lunch. Hit a few more stores on the way back and called it a day by around 2:00 p.m. That was before it became a blood sport! :eek:

Britchick
20-11-2008, 03:38 PM
the quidco actually tracked at the full amount so another 2 off :thumbsup:

Dawn
20-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Browsing M & S online at the moment but all I have in my basket so far is 3 rolls of Christmas wrapping paper. :(

Isafari
20-11-2008, 03:56 PM
ooh....I'll have to go and look at M & S online. I thought it was just the shops that had the discount :)

lisaw
20-11-2008, 03:58 PM
the quidco actually tracked at the full amount so another 2 off :thumbsup:

I just saw that as well! :wavehands:

I also didn't realise that M&S did free delivery on 30 or more so that was a nice surprise.

Just ordered a book for my mum from WHSmith and they do free delivery as well :D

Dawn
20-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Yeah it's online too but to be honest it's not the easiest site to navigate and I've just got frustrated and given up.

ukjay
20-11-2008, 04:15 PM
wow - you did really well didn't you.....i also think the savings you it must be yours to spend, that *is* how it works i believe :wink:

well i think that the savings should be spent on the kids lol

Britchick
20-11-2008, 04:30 PM
well i think that the savings should be spent on the kids lol

mmmmmmmm haven't you got a room to tidy or something:tongue:

Beccaberry
20-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Well done BC!!! Nice score!

I'm a diehard black friday shopper :D I love it. We're up early (4:00 am usually) have a nice shop (ok, technically I never buy anything, but I love to watch the people who do) and then around 730 or so have a HUGE breakfast at the local diner...it's one of my favorite traditions :D