PDA

View Full Version : Big Burrito Joints

Johnie
24-11-2008, 01:54 AM
These seem to be the new thing in the US. Not sure if you guys have them in the UK.

They all sell burritos that are as my big as my head (seriously, these things are HUGE), they make it in front of you ala Subway.

Which one is your favorite? Mine is Chipotle. It is always hot and makes my mouth feel like it is on fire but it is sooooo yummy. I am not wasting my money at the other 2 places again.

foreverducky
24-11-2008, 01:59 AM
I have to say that I do enjoy Moe's, but don't enjoy the welcoming committee there. Their cheese sauce is fantastic and I love their chicken meat. I just wish they had a few more choices to put on their nachos.

Johnie
24-11-2008, 02:01 AM
My sister raves about Moe's. I've been once and it was so bland. I must have ordered wrong. I just tried Qdoba tonight.....bland again.

foreverducky
24-11-2008, 02:10 AM
In Valporaiso Indiana there was a very authentic place that was fantastic. They had homemade everything. Yum.

Johnie
24-11-2008, 02:16 AM
Now we've got tons of great Mexican restaurants around here. The ones listed above are the chain places. Do you have an authentic place like that?

foreverducky
24-11-2008, 02:20 AM
Since my diet I have been wearing my eatery blinders. :lol: I did see however (when I peeked around) the Chipotle place here, no Moe's and there appears to be another authentic place just down the road from me, but I haven't tried it. I love Mexican food.

Figment
24-11-2008, 12:47 PM
There is a Chipolte and a Qdoba near us, but we've never been in one. We tend to avoid chains for the most part. We have a couple of little holes in the wall that are authentic Mexican, which we prefer. :yes:

So, Johnie...are these places mostly a take-out joint (since you said ala Subway)? I always thought they were more of a sit down place. :unsure:

Johnie
24-11-2008, 02:10 PM
They do have tables to eat in. We usually get it to go. Even though they are chains, Chipotle has a lot of Hispanic people working there. I always take that as a good sign. The guacomole is very good.

They make the burrito or whatever right there in front of you,a ssembly line style like Subway. They are pretty much just burritos. Though they will put it in a bowl and make it a salad too. I think they have tacos but I've never gotten them.

foreverducky
24-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I know with Moes you can sit and eat or take with you. :D

uscwest
24-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Chipotle makes the BIGGEST and BEST Burrito I have ever seen.

Johnie
24-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I know! That burrito is good for 2 meals for me.

BlondTinkerbell
24-11-2008, 05:38 PM
yum, chipotle is goooood : ]

Figment
24-11-2008, 10:06 PM
hmmmm...The Chipolte is right near his office. Might have to try it for lunch one day.