PDA

View Full Version : I'm Magical !

Tinker
29-11-2008, 03:24 PM
I worked 10 hours yesterday . And for the first time, worked with a woman, Donna . Donna was on register and I was doing guest services , greeting, selling, you know the norm . I was going to Donna for price checking and she was like go ahead and I'm like Go ahead ? she's like yeah , I'm here Honey, do it, get use to the transaction in your head . :D This happened quite a few times , as I was really selling . Donna apparantly was watching .
I was finishing with a guest , when Donna touched my arm . At this time she was standing with managers Lisa and Sherri . She said , I have met my competition and says ... You Are Good !!! Lisa & Sherri both :D and say Isn't She Though and Lisa says Very Magical !!! I think I blushed said Thank You and walked away feeling pretty darn good .
I called in this morning and spoke to Lisa . She said, Deb you are really doing great . Rest up today and we'll see you tomorrow . So, today I'm putting up my Christmas Tree . Wouldn't it be nice if my present turns out to be a job at The Disney Store after the holidays . :fingers:

foreverducky
29-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Congratulations! I had no doubt that you would excel at the store. :D

mumof2
29-11-2008, 04:26 PM
awww, well done you! :D

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your extra special present this Christmas! :fingers:

ukwdwnut
29-11-2008, 04:31 PM
well done and :fingers:

Val
29-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Congratulations, that is brilliant they are seeing the magic in you.

Claire
29-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Isn't it fantastic when others see your potential! :fingers: for the future.

BevW
29-11-2008, 06:38 PM
I told you! I told you! Just hang in...you'll get your groove on..and they notice EVERYthing you do! Magical....I like that :lol:

Ilovesnowwhitej
30-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Well done you.
xx

Taja
30-11-2008, 01:42 PM
:thumbsup:

Momof5
30-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Great job- we can call you the Magic Lady. :)

Tinker
30-11-2008, 03:59 PM
:lol: Thanks Everybody ! I'm having such a blast .
Yesterday, I was working with Mike also a manager, I was doing fill in . Jumpin Jingle Bells , you can barely move backstage .

mainecoon lover
30-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Well done hun, we all had no doubt that you could do it

Wendy
30-11-2008, 10:01 PM
:hug2: Well done Debs, I knew you would shine in this job sweetie :hug2:

uscwest
01-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Well done Tinker. :bounce::tiggertail:

Tink
01-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Oooooh, Magic Lady I like that! :yes: Good for you Sister Tinker, but I never had a doubt that you'd be anything other than their best saleswoman! How could you not be with your huge love of all things Disney?! :yes:

Will send some pixie dust for a permanent position! :yes: :pixiedust:

lisaw
01-12-2008, 02:39 PM
That's great to hear Tinker. :fingers: for a permanent job :yes:

Tinker
03-12-2008, 03:41 PM
I've had a bit of a setback . I swear I'm an accident waiting to happen or maybe its just that I don't pay attention . I think I'm ADD . :lol: Not offending anyone that may have a child with ADD as my son had/has it . I was in my Christmas cubbie Monday since I was off work ... I was doing some decorating . DH has weights standing on there rounded side . Now I'm talking 25 [pounders . So, I'm reaching for a box , bump the weight and you know by the title what it ended up falling on . It fell to the inside of my right foot . It hit the side of my foot hard . WoW, it hurt , I rubbed it out , applied some ice and went back to decorating . I seemed fine but got tired early . I laid on the sofa and fell asleep till DH woke me at midnight to go to bed . At 6 AM, I sat straight up in as I tried to stetch with pain radiating from the side of my foot right up my shin . I somehow managed to hobble to the bathroom and woke Jim up .
Went to the ER as I really thought it was broke . It was worse than I remember after fracturing my other . The ER was empty so I got right in , the doctor ordered Xrays , which thankfully revealed a severe contusion and soft tissue injury . Which I'm told can feel as bad as a fracture or break .
The doctor at the ER was terrific . Gave me a prescription for pain meds and instructions , got fitted with my Herman Munster shoe again and sent me hobbling on my way .
I was suppose to work yesterday . My manager was really nice, but said call me Friday as sales aren't there and I have to trim hours and cut some seasonal workers . I did not get the feeling that she meant me and said to DH that I think she would have told me right there and then . :fingers:

Claire
03-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh Tinker. Your poor foot! Rest it as much as possible and :fingers: for Friday. :hug1:

Watchinherskip
03-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Aw D. sorry to hear about your foot. I hope it all works out. You and Disney are really a perfect match. I hope they realize that.:thumbsup:

Ilovesnowwhitej
03-12-2008, 08:16 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your foot, hopefully it will be better by friday.
xx

Tinker
08-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Sadly, I was let go after Christmas . Our store really didn't do well and they decided not to keep anyone . My manager said, when they hire, I will be called .
But ... went for a teaching interview Tuesday morning . Its a new day care right around the corner from my house . And I got the position . Just a wait time now for enrollment .

Ilovesnowwhitej
08-01-2009, 08:22 PM
WOW thats brilliant, well done you.
xx

Jazmine
08-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Congrats Tinker you will be fab at that job :hug2:
Jacqui xxxx

Tinker
08-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Thats what I have done most of my adult life, Jazmine . I have teaching credentials & college credits . It was when I left my last and longest teaching position, that left me with a sour taste . But with a new year, I've decided that teaching is what I Love, my passion and I'm going back .

Ursula
09-01-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm so sorry I missed this the first time round XXXXXXXXXX Good Luck in your new job and as one door closes hun another one opens XXX

Tinker
09-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Thank You, Crayola ! Very True what you said . :hug2:

lisaw
09-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Sorry the disney store didn't work out but congratulations on your new job :wavehands:

Disneybumble
09-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Congratulations on your new job Deb.

Tinker
09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Thank You . I was called today by the new owner/directors husband . He asked me to come in and show his wife how to do reports & vouchers .... since we are new to this and you know what you are doing . :D

Debbie2
09-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Pity about the Disney store but congrats on the new job. You really must be magical as everyone wants to employ you. Hope you are happy in your new job :)

Tinker
09-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm really excited about this position . The owners are young Christians and just starting this business . I feel good that I can be part of getting this new center to thrive . Since everyone I've worked with in the past within the different agencies are still the same , I will have no problems helping this young owner .

daveann
09-01-2009, 09:33 PM
well done tinker really excited for you :)

Taja
10-01-2009, 04:44 AM
Sorry the Disney Store position didn't work out long term, Tinker. But you're back in your favourite arena--working with young children and helping them thrive! :)