PDA

View Full Version : Women of the Caribbean

Tink
30-11-2008, 11:30 PM
OK, so the title is shamelessly plagiarized from Pirates of the Caribbean, but you'll allow me a tiny bit of poetic license? It really does fit, if you think about it.

As many of you know, Herself won a week long cruise to the Caribbean, and that is where we spent the week of Thanksgiving. (November 23-30). It was a women's only cruise, aboard Holland America's ms Westerdam.

There were men as crew, of course but all passengers were women. What a wonderful way to relax, go a tiny bit wild :wink: rejuvenate, recuperate from political ills and find a deeper resolve to see that this world does not deny equal rights to anyone... but it was a fun time so we'll focus on that, eh? :D

I'll give you some general aspects, and then as with my other reports allow the photos to do most of the talking. :yes:

Did we like the ship? Well. Yes, but it didn't have a wow factor. It was a simple basic ship, very clean but with no grand atrium or wonderfully ornate anything. Lovely enough, but no real majesty.

Was the food good? Ummmm...yesssss, I guess. It was an odd parceling out, I must say. The meal times were rather rigid which isn't something we are used to (having cruised a whopping two other times with Norwegian Cruise lines :D ) and you had to be more ready to eat on "their" schedule than you may have preferred. The food was all edible, most certainly but nothing was tremendously delicious. I prefer my hot food to be scalding, so was not really thrilled with the temperature of the food, but that really was a minor point. We had one special meal (in the restaurant where you pay a cover charge) which I'll explain in a bit. That is the only one I took photos of...

The spa area was lovely and we spent some time each day there. It was an extra fee for use, but we really felt that it added to our holiday.

The cabin was small, but winners won't be complainers! The bed was quite the most comfortable ship's bed we've had. :yes:

The service was impeccable. Regardless of the type being provided (cabin steward, meal server, etc.) every crew member was extremely polite and solicitous of our comfort.

The ports of call were all nice enough. We fell in love with one. That's coming. We chose not to go ashore on one... the first port... but all in all quite nice.

The voyage itself was a bit rough from time to time. I think that had more to do with the size of the ship (I have the details here somewhere) which was a bit smaller than we've been on previously, but the seas were rough in some areas.

The weather was essentially wonderful, once we were underway. It was cool as we set sail, but warmed up nicely (and stayed that way) until our return to cold, miserable rain this morning.

I'll get on with it then. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to answer!

Tink
30-11-2008, 11:34 PM
First, the ship and the flags that we flew. The banner, says Olivia Feel Free... a lovely slogan, yes? And you'll recognize the Rainbow Flag, and then the flags of the ship...

Tink
30-11-2008, 11:40 PM
The cabin and the toiletries provided by Holland America. Each evening there was turn down service with chocolates and sometimes towel animal creations. Each morning the cabin was made up with fresh linens (only if you left the used ones on the shower floor) and fresh toiletries upon request, and ice in the bucket. :D Oh, and there were robes provided for use throughout the cruise. They were available for purchase. We chose not to do so.

Tink
30-11-2008, 11:45 PM
There were two outdoor pools (and one indoor) on board. These are the dolphins of the main pool. This is the sail away party on deck 9 (the Lido Deck). The shoreline is Fort Lauderdale where Port Everglades is. I must say, I far prefer the Port of Miami... but that's just me and my adoration for big cities. :D

Tink
30-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Not a very lovely port city... but it will do...

Tink
30-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Here are some shots of the interior of the ship. We got a big chuckle out of the 'conversion' of the men's rooms into women's rooms. :lol: When I entered this room my first thought was, "What in Sam Hill have they done to the bidets? :unsure: OH! OH!" LOL. (So I'm slow... you'll still love me, yes)? :D

Tink
01-12-2008, 12:00 AM
More interior shots of the ship...

Tink
01-12-2008, 12:34 AM
The ports... The Dominican Republic, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. We also visited St. Martin (by ourselves). We fell in love with that French side of the Island. We found a little shop, L'Epicerie Marie where the shopkeeper had glorious cheeses (we splurged) and had spent some time working at the France Pavilion in EPCOT! All together now, "It's a small world after all..." :D :D He was a charming young man and made us laugh. Although their currency is the Euro, he allowed us to use our US dollars. Very convenient! :D We'd love to visit St. Martin again some day.

Tink
01-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Ports continued...

Tink
01-12-2008, 12:40 AM
One of the most beautiful and alluring things about the Caribbean is the color of the water. I've tried to capture it, but clearly it takes much more sophisticated equipment and talent than I have. Here, the blues of the Caribbean...

Tink
01-12-2008, 12:46 AM
How could it be a cruise without events?! :D One of the main events for this cruise (and the gay community as a whole) is the White Party. Several cities host White Parties at various times of the year. Miami's SoBe does it the best (in our opinion of course). There, the White Party also functions as a fund raiser for HIV+/AIDS research, treatment and care. White is the required color for clothing. No white, no admission. Here, on the ship it is much more relaxed. No fund raiser, just a fun time.

Tink
01-12-2008, 12:51 AM
The couple in the third shot from the bottom (directly above)... aren't they beautiful? They were with us for another event (we'll get there) and when I saw them again at the White Party I asked if I could photograph them. They were so full of life and had been together for nearly ever. :yes:

There were beautiful, heart stoppingly beautiful young women on board this ship, but those who moved me to tears were the older women. They have been through so very much in their lives. They are pre-Stonewall women, and know what it truly means to be discriminated against, to live in true fear... This cruise brought all sorts, shapes, sizes, colors, ages together and provided an area where no one worried about anything other than what the next song would be!

The White Party photos encompass some dining room shots, and some party shots. Becca my friend, you'll be happy to know, "Babylon" is alive and well where these women are concerned! :D :D

Tink
01-12-2008, 12:57 AM
And now for the other event. It was a double event, if you will. It was Formal Night. Anyone who chose to do so could dress as elaborately as they pleased for dinner. :yes:

There were two couples there, highland women! Two of them were in full Highland Dress. Now that gives a wonderful new meaning to proper Scotswoman! :yes: (I thought of our Scotswomen here and wished I'd had the courage to ask to take their photo, but I'm afraid your old Tink was too shy. :sorry: ). They were beautiful strong women, but you'll have guessed that by now. :D

We had a lovely dinner that evening. We chose to go to the specialty restaurant.

Here are some shots of our dinner.

Tink
01-12-2008, 01:01 AM
OH GEE!!! I nearly forgot! We visited an aquarium on St. Thomas and took some shots of the wildlife there.

Quickly, before I forget again, let me interrupt our specialty dinner and Formal Night to share these shots with you...

Tink
01-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Oh, and I wanted to share these with you too... shots of the tenders being lowered from the side of the ship... and underway...
This was the only really disquieting event of the cruise. The tenders didn't work properly. Now, remember please those tenders are also the life boats! :eek: And who would it be that ended up on a tender that had it's engines stop working all together? You've got it! Us. We ended up having to have another working tender come along side and disembark the malfunctioning one and cross over to the one that worked. Not a fun time. But we all survived quite nicely. Not so sure it's good policy to have tenders/lifeboats that don't operate properly though. :unsure:

Tink
01-12-2008, 01:14 AM
OK. Back to Formal Night, shall we? We are nearly at the end of the report. Aren't you relieved?! :D I took some license with the order of the photos. For example, the shot of the full ship is off Half Moon Cay, and not Port Everglades. The order of events is taken out of sequence also. Formal Night was the second night at sea.

Oh, the second event of Formal Night? Well, that was for anyone who chose to participate, as well. We, my dearest friends, chose to participate...

kazzaqld
01-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Beautiful, beautiful photos Tink - thank you for sharing. It looks like you both had a great time!

Johnie
01-12-2008, 01:31 AM
OK. Back to Formal Night, shall we? We are nearly at the end of the report. Aren't you relieved?! :D I took some license with the order of the photos. For example, the shot of the full ship is off Half Moon Cay, and not Port Everglades. The order of events is taken out of sequence also. Formal Night was the second night at sea.

Oh, the second event of Formal Night? Well, that was for anyone who chose to participate, as well. We, my dearest friends, chose to participate...

Does that mean what I think it means? If so, I am very, veryhappy for you my dear :hug2:

The photos are beautiful. It looks like a beautiful ship and it also looks like it was nice and WARM!

Tink
01-12-2008, 01:32 AM
It does dear Johnie. It does. :yes: :D

It was warm! GLORIOUSLY WARM!!!

uscwest
01-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Some absolutely gorgeous pictures my dear friend and it looks like a great time was had by all.

CONGRATULATIONS

I am truly happy for you.

foreverducky
01-12-2008, 02:01 AM
First and foremost: Congratulations! :yes::hug2:

And secondly, lovely, lovely photos. I would love to see that water in real life, but your pictures of the blue sea were beautiful!

foreverducky
01-12-2008, 02:01 AM
Oh and I so enjoyed the pictures from inside the ship. The pictures/art on the walls were fantastic!

PsychoAlice
01-12-2008, 02:14 AM
Oh how i miss the caribbean!! You pictures of the water are beautiful but i know that no picture could ever do it justice!! Im so glad you and your honey had a glorious time!!

Beccaberry
01-12-2008, 02:33 AM
*sigh*

Where to start, where to start? :D

The photos of the Caribbean are like salve for the soul...the ports and the water are just simply stunning.

The White Party!?!?! How jealous am I? :D Well you know the answer to that!! What sort of music did they play onboard the ship? Surely you weren't subjected to neverending loops of "Wasting Away Again In Margaritaville" and "Feelin' Hot Hot Hot" :D

The couple in the photos....*sigh*....they are stunning. The joy on their face is so true...lovely photo..I hope you have a way to send them a copy.

Babylon :D Oh how I wish I could go just for one night :D

And finally, my dear friend....congratulations...from both Jon and I...on this beautiful celebration. Your commitment to one another is evident and lasting, I'm so happy that you took this opportunity to rejoice in it! I look forward to the day when everyone has the same opportunity to do so....wherever they live.

:hug2:

Tink
01-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Thank you John, Foreverducky and Sarah! :hug2: We did have a grand time. :yes:

Becca! LOL! No, we didn't have to listen to loops. Actually, there was a distinct lack of some music (umm... NO Melissa????? ) but mostly it was ok. They did try to play music for the majority of everyone's enjoyment. The DJ was a little slow on reading the crowd though. She kept playing the worst of the best, if that makes any sense? :unsure: No matter though. Tee Martoonis later and any music sounds good. :lol:

The White Party was a total riot. We got laughing so HARD!!!! Herself kept doing this Babylon-esque dance thing and I just cracked UP!!! OH!!!! THEN right smack in the middle of all the silliness the DJ puts on DANCING QUEEN!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! YOU KNOW that was a total washout riot! LOL. Sheesh. Laughed so hard my sides truly hurt!

Yes, we've been together for years, Herself and I. We married ourselves one cold wintry night on a street corner in a city of the northeast. We had recently started talking about having a more formal ceremony at WDW. Poor Keith answered all my zillions of questions... then Amendment 2 failed. :( We just could not bring ourselves to celebrate or do any sort of formal ceremony here in Florida, so when the option was available on the high seas we took it. :D It seemed rather fitting in a perfectly irreverent sort of way. :D :D

So, it changes nothing. It's not a date that will negate what has come before, but it is a day to add to our memories, eh?

I've zillions of little stories to tell you. You'll grow bored with the telling. :sorry:

OH! Billie, I meant to tell you, some of the art was for sale. :yes: Beautiful pieces too! Pricey! :eek:

Beccaberry
01-12-2008, 02:58 AM
No MELISSA?!?!!?

SACRILEGE!!!!

Dancing Queen!?!?! LOL...Oh please, please, please tell me you danced madly!?!?!! LOL, Emmett would be proud! :wink:

Johnie
01-12-2008, 02:59 AM
Oh hon we will never grow bored. I love stories!

No Melissa? She is absolutely one of my favorite singers. Her voice is just pure soul. I would give my right arm to sing like that.

Tink
01-12-2008, 03:05 AM
I can't believe you said EMMETT!!!!! LOLOLOLOL! Would that I'd had a video! LOL. Arms WAAAAYYYYY Up there, wavin' to ... well, you know. :D

Yeah, isn't that weird? No Melissa. None. Nada. No Pat, No Joan, No K.D. No Cydi, heck, no Madonna. Kinda weird... But they played flippin' YMCA. Nearly got booed out of the place! LOL. Like I said, the DJ wasn't real good on reading the crowd's energy. Meh. Couldn't stop a good time. :D

Johnie
01-12-2008, 03:09 AM
YMCA? :nono:

Tink
01-12-2008, 03:12 AM
Yeah, really. :rolleyes2:

kazzaqld
01-12-2008, 03:28 AM
I can't believe you said EMMETT!!!!! LOLOLOLOL! Would that I'd had a video! LOL. Arms WAAAAYYYYY Up there, wavin' to ... well, you know. :D

Yeah, isn't that weird? No Melissa. None. Nada. No Pat, No Joan, No K.D. No Cydi, heck, no Madonna. Kinda weird... But they played flippin' YMCA. Nearly got booed out of the place! LOL. Like I said, the DJ wasn't real good on reading the crowd's energy. Meh. Couldn't stop a good time. :D

OK KD & Melissa, I get, Madonna well duh I get - but the other ladies? I probably know them, I probably just don't know the shorthand?

YMCA is kinda fun - but more for little kids (and their Mums) I would have thought! :unsure:

Tink
01-12-2008, 03:34 AM
Pat Benitar, Joan Jett, Cyndi Lauper...

YMCA isn't a bad song, and I don't mean to disparage it at all, it's just in certain circles it's such a GUY song, ya' know? Plus, it's older than dirt. :rolleyes: :D

Beccaberry
01-12-2008, 03:42 AM
Could've been worse...they could've played "It's Raining Men" :wink:

:laugh:

kazzaqld
01-12-2008, 03:45 AM

We need a coffe spitting smilie! :laugh2:

kazzaqld
01-12-2008, 03:46 AM
Pat Benitar, Joan Jett, Cyndi Lauper...

YMCA isn't a bad song, and I don't mean to disparage it at all, it's just in certain circles it's such a GUY song, ya' know? Plus, it's older than dirt. :rolleyes: :D

See now I like Joan and Cyndi - so there you go!

I guess cos I live in house of men - and I am older than dirt....:tongue:

Tink
01-12-2008, 03:47 AM
BWWWWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

OOOOOH! THAT would have been something to see!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Bad enough though. They played that stupid "I kissed a girl song..." Got booed with that stupid thing too...

Tink
01-12-2008, 03:47 AM
Kazza!!! LOL. You're fresh! LOL. :hug1:

Johnie
01-12-2008, 03:48 AM

:tongue: I was thinking that earlier!

kazzaqld
01-12-2008, 03:51 AM
Kazza!!! LOL. You're fresh! LOL. :hug1:

I take it that's a good thing? (divided by common language again...)

Beccaberry
01-12-2008, 04:03 AM
I take it that's a good thing? (divided by common language again...)

Oh yes my friend...that is a *very* good thing!!! And a *must* if you wanna roll with us :wink:

Tink
01-12-2008, 04:04 AM
It is a super stupendous good thing. :yes: :hug1:

kazzaqld
01-12-2008, 04:16 AM
Phew! :taunt:

foreverducky
01-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Really does sound like such a blast! Laughing till your sides hurt is definitely a blessing. :D

Ursula
01-12-2008, 07:21 AM
WOW! Did you two get married?!!!!!!!! Woot!
Congratulations!:shy::dance::bouncing::tralala:

Thanks for taking us on your cruise XXXXXXXXX Lovely pics and what a wonderful thing to win!:hug2:

Claire
01-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Tink! You're back!

What a fantastic time you had. The views, the water, so blue! Everything looked just fab. The food looked just yummy and the White party! Beautiful! Everyone looked so happy. And your friends? What a beautiful couple they are. But that last photo? WOW! Next time please post a warning not to read just before doing the school run! I'm a mess. Eyes full of tears. I wish you and Herself all the happiness in the whole world! :hug2: I feel blessed to know you and to have shared a tiny bit of such a wonderful time in your life. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Skywatcher
01-12-2008, 08:23 AM
:cry2:

Awesome, just awesome -

A photo of just your hands - well its a start missy but it won't do you know!

So happy for you both, It must have felt awesome just for a little while to feel utterly free :hug2:

Wendy
01-12-2008, 09:11 AM
:hug2: :hug2: Congratulations my dearest friend :hug2: to both of you from both of us. We are both so happy for you as you know :hug1: :hug1:

The photos are wonderful and it sounds like you had a fab time, thank you so much for sharing it all with us.

I just want to say to everyone here at Secrets, our Tink is a very special and private person and for her to share this with everyone here, will show you all how happy, content and safe she feels. She is a wonderful, funny, special person and so is Herself they are a perfect match made in heaven :hug1: :hug:

mumof2
01-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Tink! I was just thinking about you this morning - welcome back!

wow - HUGE, HUGE congratulations for you both! :hug2:

Your photos are beautiful Tink, that blue sea is just stunning. It sounds like you had a total blast - the White Party looks so much fun, a complete riot!! :yes:

P.S which hand is yours? :D

Skywatcher
01-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Surely this calls for some major kind of celebration, no?

Dawn
01-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Awww the picture of your hands made my eyes leak a bit.

Massive congratulations and hugs to you and her from us. I don't need to say any words - you know how proud and happy I am to know you two.

Disneybumble
01-12-2008, 10:20 AM
:champers3:CONGRATULATIONS:champers3:

Welcome home Tink. You have been missed. :hug2: Thrilled to "see" your news. The cruise looks great and the white party. Thank you for sharing your news with us all. I hope you sincerely know how honoured we feel that you are comfortable enough here to share your news with us..

lisaw
01-12-2008, 10:45 AM
:rainbowwelcome: home Tink and a massive congratulations to you both :hugs: I am so very happy for you :yes:

Thank you so much for sharing your special cruise with us and the photos are wonderful, another one here that welled up at the hands photo. :)

keith
01-12-2008, 11:36 AM
My dear friend, I've already gushed my congratulations to you both at length but here it is again

CONGRATULATIONS

Truly heartfelt congratulations to you both from Helen and I :yes:

:champers2: :10: :champers3:

Ursula
01-12-2008, 01:10 PM
That made me do a double take there for a minute lol... I forgot your wife was called Helen... lol...

keith
01-12-2008, 01:11 PM
That made me do a double take there for a minute lol... I forgot your wife was called Helen... lol...

Skywatcher
01-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Suddenly everything begins to drop into place......

Tink
01-12-2008, 02:11 PM
LOL!
Aren't you all just wonderful folks! :yes:

I'm in the black, Herself is in the white. :D

I know Skywalker, I know. :wink: But you DID ask for a photo of us! T'isn't it a nice one? :unsure:

It was a special time, a time where the lack of cesoring eyes created such a sense of being free I cannot describe it. For a few precious days, we could just be.

The colors of the water are wonderful, aren't they? It's so hard to capture the many different shades of blue. The coast off St. Martin was so clear you could see rocks at the bottom of the sea. How amazing is that (and I mean in water deep enough for the ship to drop anchor).

Thank you dearest Wendy. You know me well. It's taken me years to be comfortable enough to be open, but also it took all of you. I mean that sincerely. If each of you had not been so warm and caring toward me, and toward Herself (when I started dropping her into comments here and there) I would have never continued forward.

So my dearest friends, I say thank you to each of you. Thank you for creating that "feel free" atmosphere here for me, every single day. :hug2:

mumof2
01-12-2008, 02:18 PM

Taja
01-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Congratulations, Tink!

What a wonderful holiday and an opportunity to renew your commitment to each other. :D

Your narrative and photos are wonderful, as always. You take us with you on your journeys. :)

Oh! And I want fabric the colour of the ocean in that shot of just the ocean! :lol:

Dorothy
01-12-2008, 02:21 PM
I may not be as eloguent with my words as I'd like to be, but you know that I'm sitting here with happy tears because I'm just so thrilled for the both of you :hug2::hug2::hug2: It IS all about love isn't it :hug2:

Tink
01-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Yes, Dorothy it is all about and only about love, eh? Would that was clear to everyone.

Taja, that shot of just the water is a wicked color, no? I'd love to have fabric in that shade myself! :yes:

Thank you Mumof2. Right back "atcha!" :hug2:

Beccaberry
01-12-2008, 02:42 PM

Still so glad to see you back :D

Tink
01-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Awww. Thanks. :spring:

Tinkerbell
01-12-2008, 03:19 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x235/Snaggables_MSNGroups/Congratulations/rainbow.gif
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Oh my goodness, I appear to be leaking a little.

Dorothy
01-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Yes, Dorothy it is all about and only about love, eh? Would that was clear to everyone.

I told you that I felt like that years ago and someday everyone else will feel the same way :hug2:

I loved your pictures and it's great to have you back :thumbsup:

Shellyamc
01-12-2008, 04:10 PM
What a wonderful report, a wonderful holiday, and a wonderful memory for both of you to have :hug2: Thank you so much for sharing it with us and letting us see the photos. Congratulations to you both!

Beccaberry
01-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Just had another look at the photos...I was so excited to see them I think I missed a few :D

For the record, my desire for surf and turf is insatiable right now...wow, that looks yumilicious.

:D

Isafari
01-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Huge :hug2::hug2: to you both and my congratulations comes from the bottom of my heart. The hand photo that you shared with us is magical Tink and, I think I've told you before but, I am so proud to call you my friend :hug2:

Johnie
01-12-2008, 05:37 PM
:hug2: I am so happy for you both. I just had to say it again. It shames me that the rest of the world can't understand that love is love. It knows no boundaries nor should it.

Britchick
01-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Congratulations!!!! that's fantastic news. :bouncing::dance::smileyrainbow:

Tink
01-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Oooooh! No leaking now Sister Tinkerbell! :D We faeries have to stick together, eh? :D :D

Thank you Shelly, Issy and Brit! :hug2: It is so perfect to have your good wishes! :yes:

Becca and Johnie, wanna' link to Fantasy Fest? :lol: :hug2:

Johnie
01-12-2008, 06:18 PM
oh yes!!!

Tink
01-12-2008, 06:21 PM
http://www.olivia.com/Travel/Trips_Caribbean_Halloween.aspx

:D :D :D

Johnie
01-12-2008, 06:32 PM
It sounds like fun!!

Tink
01-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Yep. It does, but you can see why we only could go because Herself won. The prices are crazy high, I think. :eek: I mean, atmosphere is worth something, but sheesh! :eek:

Wonder if Herself will get lucky again, sometime? :D :D

Johnie
01-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Tell her to keep filling out entry forms!!

Tink
01-12-2008, 06:43 PM
No need to encourage that! :lol: It's a serious hobby.

Beccaberry
01-12-2008, 06:44 PM
I. Want. To. Go. :D :D :D

Tink
01-12-2008, 06:49 PM
:D

Witches of Eastwick... Witches of the Caribbean... :lol:

Dawn
01-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I want to go too. :D

Tink
01-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Oh. My. Gosh. Lets see...

Herself, Becca, Johnie, Dawn, and I... Witches... Halloween, KEY WEST!!! OH GOSH!!! They'd NEVER recover! :laugh: NEVER!!!!

Anyone else interested? :D :D

Johnie
01-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Woohoo!! We'd have an awesome time!!

Beccaberry
01-12-2008, 07:16 PM
That makes five of us :D If we keep counting we can take the whole ship :wink:

Claire
01-12-2008, 07:29 PM
I'll come Tink but WOW! I've just seen the price of the suites!

Wendy
01-12-2008, 07:30 PM
You can count me in :D

kazzaqld
01-12-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm spending too much money lately as it is :rolleyes2:- but if money were no object, you could count me in too! :yes:

Deb
01-12-2008, 07:40 PM
My dear dear Tink :hug2:

I joined here at the weekend, as you know, after hibernating for a while, and today I thought that I'd look up a Tink Trip Report, then I really would feel at home. And WOW! What a report!! I too am sitting here with leaky eyes my friend. I'm so very very happy for you and Herself.

Ans of course, your photos are awesome, and your writing, but the glorious blue of the sea pales into insignificance against the shot of your two lovely friends, and of course, your hands joined together :hug2:

Much love to you both. I'll go and inspect the photos again when my eyes are working a bit better :unsure:

By the way, I've missed you :)

Deb
01-12-2008, 07:41 PM
PS : And count me in too!! :flowerbounce:

Tink
01-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Ach, Deb. I've missed you so!!! :hug2:

Oh goodness! We are going to be able to take over an entire deck! :yes: VERANDAH here we come! :D

Wouldn't it be incredible? :sigh: Where's that winning lottery ticket when you want it? :D :D

Tinkerbell
01-12-2008, 08:42 PM
I'll chose an extra line of numbers for this weeks lottery, I wanna come too :biggrin:

Tink
01-12-2008, 08:45 PM
As IF we'd go without you, Sister!!! :eek:

josh.p.
01-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Those photos are beautiful, but the one with the rings 'takes the biscuit' so to speak.

I am SO happy for you Tink. CONGRATULATIONS! :hug2:

Dorothy
01-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Hey, sign me up too :wave: Can you just imagine the fun that we would have and the trouble we could get into :lol:

Tinker
01-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Sister Tink , I just got around to reading this thread .
I am so, so happy for you & herself . Congratulations to you both .
The pictures are gorgeous . Thank You for sharing this very special time in your lives . You both deserve this and so much more . :hug2:

Ursula
01-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Can I come too? please?

Beccaberry
02-12-2008, 12:27 AM
The more the naughtier....ermmmmmmm....merrier!!!! Yes!! That's it...merrier! :wink:

Tink
02-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Thank you so much Josh and Sister Tinker! :yes: :hug2:

Dorothy, of COURSE you are coming. JEEEEEEPERS!!!! WHAT? You need a special invitation or something? :D :D

Helly? You need to ASK???? How on earth could we be Witches of the Caribbean without YOU? Huh?

Beccaberry
02-12-2008, 01:13 AM
Can I have sparkly shoes?

Tink
02-12-2008, 01:16 AM
As in Dorothy, you mean? :D :D Plenty of sparkly shoes to be seen, that's for sure! :yes:

Ooooooh, I'm callin' the purple ones though. I get the purple sparkly shoes!!!! (No heels though! :eek: ). :lol:

Beccaberry
02-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Ok, deal...you can have the purple :D

You know me...I WANT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! :wink:

Tink
02-12-2008, 01:19 AM
:D I like red too. :yes: HEY!!!! You wear one red and one purple and I'll have the other red and purple! :D :D

Errrrmmmmm... no...they'll think we're those red hat women. :eek:

Johnie
02-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Well then I get hot pink ones! :yes:

I found sparkly tennis shoes over the weekend....now I have to remember where I saw them....

Tink
02-12-2008, 01:20 AM
I want sparkly AND shiny. :yes: AND, bells. I want mine to jingle, ting a ling when I walk. :D :D

keith
02-12-2008, 01:23 AM
I want sparkly AND shiny. :yes: AND, bells. I want mine to jingle, ting a ling when I walk. :D :D

This is why I should never read the last post in a thread before reading the others :lol: :lol: I've got totally the wrong idea :D

Wendy
02-12-2008, 01:24 AM
This is why I should never read the last post in a thread before reading the others :lol: :lol: I've got totally the wrong idea :D

:lol: Keith are you going to tell us what you thought :wink:

keith
02-12-2008, 01:25 AM
:lol: Keith are you going to tell us what you thought :wink:

:exit:

Tink
02-12-2008, 01:30 AM
:eek: :eek: KEITH!!!!!! :eek:

keith
02-12-2008, 01:34 AM
:eek: :eek: KEITH!!!!!! :eek:

ok but in my defence, Wendy encouraged me!

Tink
02-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Wellllll, you do have a point there. :D

Wendy
02-12-2008, 01:44 AM
Typical, blame me :lol: :lol:

Tink
02-12-2008, 01:44 AM
:D HEY!!!! We thought you were in bed! :wink: :D

Wendy
02-12-2008, 01:46 AM
It's all Keith's fault I had to stay and defend myself :lol: :lol:

keith
02-12-2008, 01:47 AM
:taunt:

Wendy
02-12-2008, 01:48 AM
TINK!!!!!! Keith's being naughty and sticking his tongue out at me :wink:

Tink
02-12-2008, 02:39 AM
KEITH!!!!! Waggin' your TONGUE???:Rules: I'm sure there is one in here about that somewhere!

SleepinCatz
02-12-2008, 05:43 AM
OK...the toilets are a riot...the DJ needed to be thrown overboard lol...the pictures are stunning...but most of all

Congratulations on the joy of renewal of Love! May you two have many more renewals along lifes road....but most of all...when the world stops being so anal...May the two of you rejoice in the day to day without fear or hesitation.

Tink
02-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Oh! Thank you 'Catz! :hug2:

MystikPiglit
02-12-2008, 01:43 PM
We, my dearest friends, chose to participate..

:hug2: My dear friend, congratulations to you both.

When I entered this room my first thought was, "What in Sam Hill have they done to the bidets? :unsure: OH! OH!" LOL. (So I'm slow... you'll still love me, yes)? :D

Skywatcher
02-12-2008, 01:50 PM
:taunt:

Now is that what a Disney cast member would do??? :nono:

i too liked the bidets :D

keith
02-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Now is that what a Disney cast member would do??? :nono:

Well given recent experiences, I'd have to say yeah they would :lol:

but sniff sniff :sorry:

Dorothy
02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Ok, deal...you can have the purple :D

You know me...I WANT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! :wink:

Excuse me, but I always get the ruby slippers dear :taunt:

Johnie
02-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Did you actually go to the Land of Oz? I don't think so. I have been to the Land of Oz.........:yes:

Beccaberry
02-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Ok, Dot. Let's go. For the ruby slippers. Shot for shot, last girl standing wins the shoes.

Dorothy
02-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Did you actually go to the Land of Oz? I don't think so. I have been to the Land of Oz.........:yes:

Anyone named Dorothy gets the ruby slippers automatically and yep been to OZ twice and it was magical each time :D

Dorothy
02-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Ok, Dot. Let's go. For the ruby slippers. Shot for shot, last girl standing wins the shoes.

You're on, but I get to pick the shots :wink:

Beccaberry
02-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Where's a flippin' house when you need it to fall on someone? :rolleyes:

Johnie
02-12-2008, 02:51 PM

In that case, you and I will be the winners hon :yes:

Beccaberry
You're on, but I get to pick the shots :wink:

As if.

Fine. But none of those silly girlie shots, ya hear?

Johnie
Anyone named Dorothy gets the ruby slippers automatically and yep been to OZ twice and it was magical each time :D

Really, where is Oz located? I have pictures to prove I was there....do you? :unsure:

Dorothy
02-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Where's a flippin' house when you need it to fall on someone? :rolleyes:

It's heading for the East coast last I heard :evil: :lol:

Tink
02-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Thank you, MystikPiglit. :hug2: Those 'bidets' sure were pretty, huh? :D

Tink
02-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Ya'll just have to have different shades of red. :yes:

Ruby, garnet, scarlet, crimson, burgundy, claret, zinfandel, shiraz... :D :D

Dorothy
02-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Ya'll just have to have different shades of red. :yes:

Ruby, garnet, scarlet, crimson, burgundy, claret, zinfandel, shiraz... :D :D

Well then that settles it, Becca you can have the zinfy shoes and I'll have the sparkly ruby ones :D

So, we've got shoe colors all picked out, now all we have to do is win the lotto and book the cabins :D

Dorothy
02-12-2008, 03:49 PM
As if.

Fine. But none of those silly girlie shots, ya hear?

Nope, it's peppermint schnapps for the shots :D

Tink
02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, costumes too... witches it is, but we don't have to do the boring drab black thing... :D

What sorta witch you wanna' be Dorothy? :D

(I claim the crimson shoes! I changed my mind from the purple ones. Don't want 'em anymore. :lol: ).

Tink
02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
PEPPERMINT SCHNAPPS???? That's NOT shots!!! That's flippin' toilet bowl cleaner! :eek:

lisaw
02-12-2008, 03:52 PM
PEPPERMINT SCHNAPPS???? That's NOT shots!!! That's flippin' toilet bowl cleaner! :eek:

Tink
02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
:sorry: :spring: Well, it is nasty stuff. :(

Dorothy
02-12-2008, 03:58 PM
:sorry: :spring: Well, it is nasty stuff. :(

It's really good in hot choklit and well.... your mouth is all fresh and minty and tingly after a few :D

I have an idea, how about we all wear different sparkly RED shoes in different shades and then we can have sparkly costumes to match :thumbsup:

MystikPiglit
02-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, costumes too... witches it is, but we don't have to do the boring drab black thing... :D .

Ahem... black is not boring or drab. :nono: :D

:laugh: :yes:

Johnie
02-12-2008, 04:10 PM
ewww we are not doing shots of peppermint schnapps. Well I'm not :nono:

Tink
02-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Well, I like black (as the photo attests) but witches get stereotyped into boring black drab. That is what I'm hoping to avoid. :D

Sparkly black, now thats another thing. :D :D

Mint and chocolate is just plain nasty, Dorothy! :eek: You are hereby removed from being the shot selector! :wink: :hug2:

Disneybumble
02-12-2008, 05:16 PM
And if you think you're setting sail without me........................... YOUR NOT.

Ursula
02-12-2008, 05:53 PM
http://images.meez.com/user/5/3/8/3/5/0/9/5383509_bodyshot_300x400.gif (http://www.meez.com/babysoft) I'm ready for the partaaaaaaaaaaay!

Britchick
02-12-2008, 06:07 PM
well if it's ok i'll be coming in black and green - as Elphaba:thumbsup: so i would like lime green sparkly shoes:yes: oh and i'll drink just about anything :ROFL1:

Dorothy
02-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, I like black (as the photo attests) but witches get stereotyped into boring black drab. That is what I'm hoping to avoid. :D

Sparkly black, now thats another thing. :D :D

Mint and chocolate is just plain nasty, Dorothy! :eek: You are hereby removed from being the shot selector! :wink: :hug2:

Mint and choklit are the best thing ever or are you telling me that you don't like York Peppermint patties :unsure:

Beccaberry
02-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Now see here...if there is a pair of shoes in the color of SHIRAZ...I WANT THEM....and furthermore...Peppermint Schnapps? Are you very truly kidding me? Why don't we just sit down and do a few shots of mouthwash? ICK.

Bring on the Beefeater, Tink...we'll show Dotty how it's done :wink:

Oh, yes...and I'll be wearing something black and shiraz :wink: I like to coordinate...though I do love those socks, Helly :D

And Siobhan...as if we'd go ANYWHERE without you? PULEEEEEEZEEEE!

Johnie
02-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Well I am still going with hot pink....it's in the red family. I DO have red hair, does that count?

Dorothy
02-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Beefeater shots, grossssss, yuk, icky!!! Okay, I'll just do Jack then if I have to, but I'd rather do the peppermint :D

Beccaberry
02-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Save the Schnapps for our breakfasts at Whispering Canyon :wink:

Dorothy
02-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Save the Schnapps for our breakfasts at Whispering Canyon :wink:

I like Bailey's in my coffee :D:D:D

Beccaberry
03-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Really? I had no idea....

:wink:

Johnie
03-12-2008, 12:51 AM
I think our waiter made sure everyone at WCC knew :yes:

Beccaberry
03-12-2008, 12:56 AM
When in Rome....

Johnie
03-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Overeat and vomit?

Beccaberry
03-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Exactly my friend.

Johnie
03-12-2008, 01:12 AM
:rotfl:

Dorothy
03-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I think our waiter made sure everyone at WCC knew :yes:

And if I remember correctly he made Becca sing too :D

Beccaberry
03-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Hence the *need* for the Bailey's :wink:

Dorothy
03-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Gotta love it when something is needed :wiggle:

Johnie
03-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Didn't we all sing? The itsy bitsy teeny weeny polka dot bikini song? Or was that a different breakfast?

foreverducky
03-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh no...I just started singing that song out loud. :D

Tinker
03-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Me, Too, Billie ! :lol:
I get in trouble on vodka especially martinis . My booze of choice has been Captain Morgan . Its good with pineapple and cranberry juice . They are both breakfast drinks .

Dorothy
03-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Didn't we all sing? The itsy bitsy teeny weeny polka dot bikini song? Or was that a different breakfast?

Maybe :unsure: I know for sure we did a couple rounds of I'm a little tea pot :yes:

Tinker
03-12-2008, 05:09 PM
that is what they sometimes make you sing at the 50's Prime Time Cafe . :lol: I could just see you all .

Tink
03-12-2008, 06:28 PM
There were several itsy bitsy teeny weeny 'kinis on the cruise. :yes: Some even had polka dots!! :yes:

Some appeared to be missing certain parts though. :unsure: The 'kinis I mean, not the wearers. :unsure:

Claire
03-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Some appeared to be missing certain parts though. :unsure: The 'kinis I mean, not the wearers. :unsure:
:ROFL1:

Tink
03-12-2008, 06:30 PM
:spring:

Beccaberry
03-12-2008, 06:34 PM
:lolchair:

Johnie
03-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Maybe :unsure: I know for sure we did a couple rounds of I'm a little tea pot :yes:

It might have been another trip. I get them all confused anymore. I DO remember the time they made Becca ride the stick pony around the restaurant singing Happy Birthday to herself. That was priceless!

Beccaberry
03-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Ok folks...we can all stop reminiscing now...this trip down memory lane has been real and it has been fun...but it has ceased to be real fun :D

Move along folks...nothing to see here.

Johnie
03-12-2008, 07:03 PM
:thumbsdown: spoil sport

Beccaberry
03-12-2008, 07:15 PM
:biggirlpanties:

BevW
03-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Ok, I just got around to these! Totally awesome Tink! The pics were wonderful, and the report was fantastic! LOVE the last pic! The Happy Ever After! Love it!

Britchick
03-12-2008, 07:43 PM
what bits were they missing? :unsure:

Tink
03-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Thank you so much, BevW! :hug2:

Ummmm...bits of their 'kinis, Brit. :yes:

Britchick
03-12-2008, 08:58 PM
my word! :jawdrop:

Tink
03-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Heeeeeheeeeheeee...

Ursula
03-12-2008, 10:24 PM
How can you have kini bits missing... there's not much material in a kini to begin wif?

So what... were the triangles missing and just the string was left?

Ursula
03-12-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm so new to this.

Dorothy
03-12-2008, 10:31 PM
It might have been another trip. I get them all confused anymore. I DO remember the time they made Becca ride the stick pony around the restaurant singing Happy Birthday to herself. That was priceless!

I remember that, it was after the coffee with Baileys :lol:

Tinker
04-12-2008, 03:18 AM
It might have been another trip. I get them all confused anymore. I DO remember the time they made Becca ride the stick pony around the restaurant singing Happy Birthday to herself. That was priceless! Now that I would have loved to have seen . LMAO
Sister Tink kinis with dental floss in between .
LOL

ieuanr
08-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Wow! I'm off the scene for a couple of months and I miss it all!

Congratulations to you both! Wonderful pictures! We are raising a toast here in Swansea!

luvthemouse
08-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Oh Tink, I am just now catching up... Congratulations! I am so happy for you and yours. I wish you many years of happiness together!:hug1:

Tink
09-12-2008, 12:52 AM
IEUAN!!!!! :9: SO good to see you!!! :hug2: C'mon now! We need a catch up, you! :yes:

Luv, than you so much! :hug2: It's good to see you again! Hope all is well. :yes: