PDA

View Full Version : So it's Friday at last!

mumof2
05-12-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm just tidying the house and putting a little festive spirit into it (no tree yet though) as the boys and i are off to the local Jack and the Beanstalk panto tonight with Jays friend, my sister, niece and her friend, my SIL ,her son and daughter and her Mother - we're sitting 6 rows from the front.....oh yes we are!

Then around 9.30 or 10pm when it's over we're making our way back to my house where my Mum (and possibly my other sister and my brother) is meeting us for mince pies and a glass of vino, mulled wine - whatever! DH will be at work, he's probably quite happy about that!

Oh, and I'll be playing my Christmas CD! :yes:

MystikPiglit
05-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Hope you have fun tonight. :thumbsup:

Tomorrow we are going to a Medieval Christmas Market at Dragon Hall, a 15thc trading hall in Norwich. I shall probably buy candles, incense and hopefully a handcrafted ornament for the tree. The traders are all in period costume and there are musicians etc. Great fun.

uscwest
05-12-2008, 01:58 PM
I tried putting up some decorations last weekend and barely got started when the rains came. Planned on more this weekend and it gets freezing cold and we are expecting snow tomorrow. I'll never get done. :sorry:

Claire
05-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Well I spent the morning at Owen's sponsored horse ride. He's now moved on to a fast pony!

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn147/tushy3241/DSC00630.jpg

Tinker
05-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Oh, How Sweet, Claire . Thanks for sharing .
Like uscwest, no outside decorations yet due to the weather . First time ever that I've had the tree up before the outside was decked out .
Tonight, Kim & I are going to the mall Christmas shopping . And hopefully tomorrow we will *try* working on the outside decorations .

Beccaberry
05-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Claire!! I love the photo!!

No big plans...at least not for *this* weekend :D

Putting up a few more decorations outside, going to snap the 'lets holiday picture tomorrow if the weather permits...

Meeting friends tonight for dinner...

A laid back sort of weekend really....maybe I'll do a bit of packing :wink:

Dorothy
05-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm working this morning and then Diane is bringing Zach over for the weekend :D:D Zach and I are going to bake cookies tomorrow and then on Sunday Zach is going to help us put up our tree :xmastree4:

Beccaberry
05-12-2008, 02:56 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....how fun!!!

Tinker
05-12-2008, 03:12 PM
That sounds great, Dorothy .
Have Fun tonight, Becca .

Tink
05-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Ummmm Dorothy? Have you lost your MIND!!!!! :wink: You are going to have so much fun with him. When Seth was living with us, he made cookies with Herself. What a riot!!!! 'Ware the sprinkles! :D He had green all over everything!

We have so much to do before our guests for Christmas start arriving it's not funny. So much in fact, that I'm kind of not doing anything as I don't know where to start. :(

I have to go to SC next week. That cuts into my time here, of course and leaves tons on the shoulders of Herself. :sigh:

So, this weekend? Well, we'll probably rush around getting some shopping (non-Christmas) done, get Seth's birthday present, try to get some housework done... you get the general idea.

Decorations? We haven't even gotten there yet. We have put some lights up on the house in years past, but I honestly don't think there will be time for it this year. I think we'd better concentrate on indoors.

Oh, and we have to finalize the Christmas Eve, Christmas Breakfast, and Christmas Day menus yet.

Oh, and we want to take a ride to the Russel Stover candy store... they have such nice things for Christmas...but it's a good distance away.

Sheesh.

SAY!!! If I get our queen guest room ready could somoene come here and help? We'd be happy to get you a Disney pass too? :yes: I'd need you for a solid two weeks. Any takers? :unsure:

Beccaberry
05-12-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how much work we'll get done though :wink:!

Tink
05-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh don't even tempt me woman!!! (Did I mention that the queen room has a view of Wishes)...

You'd have to do shopping and help me with the bread and rolls baking and stuff... Oh and wrapping presents... and decorating...

See? Who'd wanna' come and do that? :sigh: (But I do make the world's absolute best homemade gin martini). :D :D

mumof2
05-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Oh don't even tempt me woman!!! (Did I mention that the queen room has a view of Wishes)...

You'd have to do shopping and help me with the bread and rolls baking and stuff... Oh and wrapping presents... and decorating...

See? Who'd wanna' come and do that? :sigh: (But I do make the world's absolute best homemade gin martini). :D :D

ME!! :D

Beccaberry
05-12-2008, 03:59 PM
The task would NOT be getting me to come, it would be getting me to LEAAAAAAAAAAAVE!!!!

:D

Tink
05-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Ooooh, Mum! You sure you up for leaving your sweeties? It'd be all women you know, rushing around, laughing, shopping, cooking, being silly... hopping over to WDW when the mood struck.

We could crank up the heat on the pool too, if you insisted...

Becca and Mum! This would make quite a foursome and just THINK how much work would get done! :D :D :D

Dawn
05-12-2008, 04:03 PM
:sigh:

Tink
05-12-2008, 04:04 PM
S'matter, Dawnie? :hug2:

MystikPiglit
05-12-2008, 04:05 PM
(Did I mention that the queen room has a view of Wishes)...

You'd have to do shopping and help me with the bread and rolls baking and stuff...
(But I do make the world's absolute best homemade gin martini). :D :D

Hang on...just looking for my passport...... now, where's that suitcase.....

Dawn
05-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Had a bad day that's all.

But I have a meeting on Tuesday about my new "job"

Tink
05-12-2008, 04:07 PM
OOOOOH! We are up to three now!!! :yes: :mickeybounce:

Did I mention that Keith left his cc with me for emergencies? :D :D :D

Tink
05-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Ugh. Sorry about the bad day? Can we help at all? :hug2:

Looking forward to hearing about the job on Tuesday! :yes: :hug2: I so hope it's something you want. :yes:

MystikPiglit
05-12-2008, 04:09 PM

:hug2:

Did I mention that Keith left his cc with me for emergencies? :D :D :D

Upper class upgrade please, that's definitely an emergency. :D

Beccaberry
05-12-2008, 04:10 PM

But I have a meeting on Tuesday about my new "job"

:hug2: :comfort:

Sorry hon, anything you wanna talk about?

Dawn
05-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Ugh. Sorry about the bad day? Can we help at all? :hug2:

Hugs are good.

Beccaberry
05-12-2008, 04:12 PM
:hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

:hug1: :hug1: :hug1:

Tink
05-12-2008, 04:14 PM
:hug2: :hug1: :hug2: :hug1: :hug2: :hug1: :hug2: :hug1:
:pixiedust: :pixiedust: :pixiedust:

Shellyamc
05-12-2008, 04:16 PM
:hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2:
for Dawn :(

lisaw
05-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Tink can you turn that queen room into a dorm with lots of bunk beds :unsure: I'm sure there would be lots of us willing to sacrifice some time to come and help you set up for Christmas :lol:

Normal weekend for us here :sigh: DS has a footie match tomorrow and then winter baseball training on Sunday and DD has a dance comp on Sunday. Somewhere inbetween I need to pop to town to get one last pressie that I have a coupon for. Decorate the outside of the house and completely empty DD's bedroom as she has a new bed that needs to be assembled and then the room put back together again. :eek:

So Tink, when do you want me? :lol:

lisaw
05-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Dawn hope day gets better and your weekend is good :hug2:

mumof2
05-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Dawn :hug2:

Dawn
05-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks everyone. :hug2:

Tinkerbell
05-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I think you need some more :yes: :hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2:

Beccaberry
05-12-2008, 05:03 PM
These are from Jon... :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

I told him to stop at three...don't want you thinkin' he's fresh :wink:

Johnie
05-12-2008, 05:14 PM
:hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2: to you Dawn....and apparently I am fresh :tongue:

Oh Tink! Save me a spot on the floor!! I'll come and help with all the Christmas stuff.

Well I am goign to Washington DC tomorrow to see the Wizard of Oz. I am taking my friend Sherrina with me since Alysia is taking her SAT's in the morning. I am then coming home and probably going to mom's Christmas party at her church. Then, Sunday, Alysia and I are headed back to DC to go see Circque de Soleil's KOOZA. Lots of driving this weekend.

I also need to pack for NEXT weekend!! I am soooooo excited!!!!

Beccaberry
05-12-2008, 05:15 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH...you're packing...and I'm packing...wonder where we're going? :D

Johnie
05-12-2008, 05:17 PM
hmmmm I think there is a castle and a mouse involved........:unsure:

Tink
05-12-2008, 05:42 PM
LOL! Well, I do have a queen size pull out and a twin room. :D LOL.

Lessee... how many of us are there going to be? :D :D

Sounds like you have a wicked busy weekend Johnie! Be careful with all the driving and the holiday traffic.

Johnie
05-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Well I may not be going tomorrow.....Sherrina just called and she can't go now.

Beccaberry
05-12-2008, 05:48 PM
:( Sorry hon...that stinks. Wish I could go :(

Johnie
Me too.

Beccaberry
LOL! Well, I do have a queen size pull out and a twin room. :D LOL.

Lessee... how many of us are there going to be? :D :D

I dunno...but I call dibbs on the dvd player :wink:

Treehouse
05-12-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm just tidying the house and putting a little festive spirit into it (no tree yet though) as the boys and i are off to the local Jack and the Beanstalk panto tonight with Jays friend, my sister, niece and her friend, my SIL ,her son and daughter and her Mother - we're sitting 6 rows from the front.....oh yes we are!

Then around 9.30 or 10pm when it's over we're making our way back to my house where my Mum (and possibly my other sister and my brother) is meeting us for mince pies and a glass of vino, mulled wine - whatever! DH will be at work, he's probably quite happy about that!

Oh, and I'll be playing my Christmas CD! :yes:

Yes, I'm very glad it's Friday! If it wasn't, I don't know what I'd do! :)

Disneybumble
05-12-2008, 05:51 PM
For Dawn:hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2: and i have plenty more if you need them.
Johnie and Tink as the great temptations said "Get ready cos here l come"
So it's fly into DC tomorrow then to the Wizard of Oz. Then fly down to Florida drink gin and wrap all Tinks presents,take cooking tips from herself,clean house,swim and pop over to WDW. Then next weekend meet Johnie and who else she might be:tongue: with and drink Vodka.
Fly home and pass out. Sounds great.

Britchick
05-12-2008, 05:52 PM
:hug2::hug2: for Dawn

we're going to be buying and putting up the tree. I'm also going to be doing some therapeutic scrapbooking, i'm doing a christmas journal that requires a page a day over the christmas period ( i must be mad lol) oh and writing christmas cards.

Johnie
05-12-2008, 05:54 PM
For Dawn:hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2: and i have plenty more if you need them.
Johnie and Tink as the great temptations said "Get ready cos here l come"
So it's fly into DC tomorrow then to the Wizard of Oz. Then fly down to Florida drink gin and wrap all Tinks presents,take cooking tips from herself,clean house,swim and pop over to WDW. Then next weekend meet Johnie and who else she might be:tongue: with and drink Vodka.
Fly home and pass out. Sounds great.

C'mon hon, I have an extra ticket!!

Tink
05-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Siobhan, that sounds about right! :D :D (Not too much on that house cleaning stuff though! :eek: ). :D

Brit, sounds absolutely lovely. :hug2:

Disneybumble
05-12-2008, 06:00 PM
:hug2:
C'mon hon, I have an extra ticket!!

If only i could.:hug2:

Deb
05-12-2008, 06:44 PM
:hug2: to Dawn from me and Sorrel Dog :walkdog:

Have a hippo too :hippo: They often help.

Well, today we put up a lot of the indoor decorations; garlands, christmas wreaths, little trees.... :lightcandle:

Tonight I'll be home alone (apart from Sorrel Dog and Cats 1 and 2) so will be having some good wine :martini: and a cheese platter whilst I finish writing the cards. In the morning we go to get the tree... :choptree6: hopefully a nice tall, one, make it look pretty (hope Dawn has Steven ready to come up for the day :D ) and finish the indoor decorations. Then Sunday probably finishing my Christmas present shopping as I'm working more than usual next week and don't want to end up hitting the shopping rush a week or so before the big day. Then Sunday night I'll meet the other girls at the airport and we'll all fly out to stay in Tink's guest room for a coupla weeks. She'll be waiting for us with large gin martinis, which is surely heaven :thumbsup:

kazzaqld
05-12-2008, 06:58 PM
I am not much good at baking and DH does the present wrapping around here - but otherwise I might be able to do something to help Tink? :yes:

I am on call this weekend - in fact thanks to my co-worker being on holiday till next year, I am now on call till next year. :rolleyes2:

We have to go into town and buy a new vacuum cleaner - ours died mysteriously the other day. Might try and do some Xmas shopping while we are out.:gifts:

Tink
06-12-2008, 04:02 AM
I will indeed have those martinis waiting! :D :D

Kazza, they can call you here just as well as there! We'll make you in charge of the music (Just no YMCA, ok? :unsure: :D ). :yes:

kazzaqld
06-12-2008, 04:06 AM
I will indeed have those martinis waiting! :D :D

Kazza, they can call you here just as well as there! We'll make you in charge of the music (Just no YMCA, ok? :unsure: :D ). :yes:

I ended up not going with my "boys" - got major problems at work and had to stay here and fix them up!

Music could be good - but I warn you I am an 80s tragic! :yes:

Tink
06-12-2008, 04:07 AM
80's works for me! :D

Sorry to hear that you couldn't go though. :( :hug1:

mumof2
06-12-2008, 10:47 AM
cool, 80's is fine for me too! :D

So, what's my job Tink?

I know! Organising- I'm good at that, i'll just sit in the corner and supervise! :santa5:

Tink
06-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Oooooh! Perfect!!!! I do SO need organizing! :yes: :eek: (You may be sorry you volunteered for that one)! :D :D

Gosh! Wouldn't it be fun? :yes: LOL!!!

Dawn
06-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I need a spreadsheet to coordinate the boy's whereabouts. :mental:

I'll come and help Tink. I'll bring a sleeping bag. The lanai will be fine for me. :D

Tink
06-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Oh, we added the BEST chaise lounges to the lanai/pool area this year! :yes: You'll love it out there! :yes: Herself keeps saying we need a mini refrigerator out there too. :D :D We'll get one in if you come! :D :D

Dawn
06-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Will it have Cherry Coke in it?

It's my only vice. :D

Tink
06-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Jam packed full. :D :D

Dawn
06-12-2008, 02:12 PM
:mental:

mumof2
06-12-2008, 02:17 PM
i can be very bossy you know, but at least you'll be sorted in time for Christmas! :yes:

Tink
06-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Bossy is good. :yes: I need bossy. :D :D

mumof2
06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Bossy is good. :yes: I need bossy. :D :D

you won't grind your teeth and growl at me when i tell you what you need to be doing "RIGHTTHISMINUTEORIT'LLNEVERBEREADYONTIME"? :unsure:

Britchick
06-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Will it have Cherry Coke in it?

It's my only vice. :D

along with chocklit, sossidges, alchihol etc etc:yes:

Taja
07-12-2008, 01:17 AM
:hug2: for Dawn. :)

Watch those blanket invitations, Tink! I am so tempted to take you up on it! I'm terrific at organizing, baking and wrapping. Decorating is fine--as long as I don't have to climb a ladder. :eek:

The grant proposal that is supposed to be completed by January 2nd is stalled because the client doesn't have his act together. ARRRGGGGHHHH! Very frustrating! And he isn't my client, so I can't really do much about it other than remind my colleague that time's a-wastin'! :sigh:

Tink
07-12-2008, 03:36 AM
I won't mind, Mairead!!!

Come along Taja! I won't have you climb the ladder. :nono: Mairead will have me doing that! :D :D

Beccaberry
07-12-2008, 04:07 AM
Can I wrap the presents??? I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE wrapping presents....and tying bows.....and curling ribbons....

OOOOH and can I taste test the holiday drinks!??!!?!?! I think my expertise in this category speaks for itself :wink:

mumof2
07-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Can I wrap the presents??? I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE wrapping presents....and tying bows.....and curling ribbons....

OOOOH and can I taste test the holiday drinks!??!!?!?! I think my expertise in this category speaks for itself :wink:

i can help do those too! :yes:

Hurrah Tink at last - someone who *wants* me to be bossy :lol:

Nah, I'm not *that* bad.......really! :wink: