PDA

View Full Version : SO what do you leave out for Santa?

karrie
12-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Im feeling christmassy today...

So what does santa get in your house? My wee nephew left him a tomato and a tub of gravy last year....:unsure:

Dorothy
12-09-2008, 02:03 PM
When the kids were little we used to leave out cookies, milk, and carrots for the reindeer. Santa always left a thank you note and a couple pieces of choklit for the kids :D

ukwdwnut
12-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Im feeling christmassy today...

So what does santa get in your house? My wee nephew left him a tomato and a tub of gravy last year....:unsure:

naff all he cant get in :lol:

karrie
12-09-2008, 02:04 PM
your mean mick!!!

ukwdwnut
12-09-2008, 02:06 PM
your mean mick!!!

we have a sealed house he cant get in lol

i will leave him some snow on the patio karrie ok :wink: :lol:

Shellyamc
12-09-2008, 02:19 PM
When we were small it was always cookies and milk with an apple for the deer.

Now I'm not sure..Dh thinks Katelyn should leave chips and beer :slap:

Johnie
12-09-2008, 02:44 PM
We never left anything. We didn't have a chimney so Santa couldn't get in.

mumof2
12-09-2008, 02:47 PM
a mince pie and milk for Santa and a carrot for the Reindeer, Santa sometimes leaves a thank you note but occassionally he forgets in all the rush! :D

Tink
12-09-2008, 02:50 PM
We didn't have a chimmney, but we left out cookies and milk too. :yes: Da always said that we didn't need to leave anything as he got to come in through our door instead of down a tight, dirty old chimmney. :lol:

I've probably told this more than once, but one year when I was either four or five (probably five) I'd left some of my candy on the coffee table before I went to bed.

When I got up on Christmas morning, I headed for that candy. It was gone. Da said Santa had eaten it. I told him that Santa wouldn't have eaten a little girl's candy! Even then I knew when Da was blaming Santa for what he'd done! :yes: (Brat, wan'nt I)? :lol:

Beccaberry
12-09-2008, 02:59 PM
:laugh:

FRESH!

This year we'll be leaving vodka for Santa. :wink: And some nice fat olives.

Tink
12-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Ummmmm...Santa need any helpers up along your way? :unsure:

Mama had Santa eat an entire baking dish of her lasagne one year! :yes: Santa was one seriously happy camper that year. :yes: (Honestly? I believed that story until I was a TEEN)! Mama is a very powerful persuader. :D :D

Beccaberry
12-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Santa can *always* use a good drinking buddy...erm....I mean ELF!

Mmmmmm Lasagna.... :drool:

Dawn
12-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Mince pie and a bottle of Becks in our house. Sometimes two bottles. :D

Carrots for any reindeer that come indoors and glittery reindeer food outside for the rest.

Tink
12-09-2008, 04:36 PM
You have not had lasagne until you've had Mama's. I know that sounds so corny, but it's true. Grown men have been known to BEG for her lasagne. :lol: My Da used to come home from work and tell Mama that he had a crowd in his office drooling... LOL.

I swear, I don't know how the woman does it. Mine is good, but her's is perfection. :yes:

Beck's? Beck's is good. :D

uscwest
12-09-2008, 07:51 PM

FRESH!

This year we'll be leaving vodka for Santa. :wink: And some nice fat olives.Make that Bombay Sapphire Gin and maybe you'll get some help. LOL

We put out cookies or brownies for Santa and glittery oats for the reindeer, when we have the grandkids around.

Beccaberry
12-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Bombay Saph? Oh yes please.

Now where the heck is Siobhan!!! We've been talking vodka and gin for more than five minutes and she's not turned up *yet*!

Hope she's not ill.... :unsure:

Tink
12-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Bombay Sapphire is for sissies. :sorry: :wink:

Our Siobhan is busy making up a traditional Irish Christmas treat for us! :yes: WAIT til you see what it is!!! :9: :D

Claire
12-09-2008, 08:51 PM
When we were small it was always a mince pie and milk for Santa and a carrot for Rudolf and friends. Now with my children it's a bottle of Bud and some Doritos or other type of snack. Times have changed!

kazzaqld
12-09-2008, 08:59 PM
When Gareth was small it was milk and cookies and a carrot....

I'm sure my sisters and I used to leave Santa scotch whiskey, but now of course it's a more socially responsible age and we wouldn't want Santa drink-driving.:santawindow::chimneysanta:

Tink
12-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Or drink-flying as the case may be.

Johnie
12-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I think I may help Santa out this year and come to a few of your houses!

Beccaberry
12-10-2008, 03:55 AM

A Siobhan Surprise!?!?!!? WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Disneybumble
12-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Siobhan skids into thread......................................
Vodka,Gin, Irish surprise.... Well we leave a selection of refeshing drinks for Santa. A drop of 30 year old malt. This was given to my DH by his Father just before he passed away. A shot of vodka for "fire in the belly" . Mince pies and soda bread. Carrots and water for the reindeer.
Oh how can i apply to be an elf, imagine all the drinks i could have.

Dawn
12-10-2008, 10:09 AM
OMG it's a wonder Santa can steer after leaving the Bumble abode. :eek:

Disneybumble
12-10-2008, 10:16 AM
OMG it's a wonder Santa can steer after leaving the Bumble abode. :eek:

Bumble hospitality is renowned. Never let a guest leave sober.

ukwdwnut
12-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Siobhan skids into thread......................................
Vodka,Gin, Irish surprise.... Well we leave a selection of refeshing drinks for Santa. A drop of 30 year old malt. This was given to my DH by his Father just before he passed away. A shot of vodka for "fire in the belly" . Mince pies and soda bread. Carrots and water for the reindeer.
Oh how can i apply to be an elf, imagine all the drinks i could have.

if thats what you leave HIM out id hate to see the state you lot get into :wink: :lol:

Tink
12-10-2008, 12:39 PM
We're Irish. :dozey: We don't get into 'states.' :rolleyes:

NICE Siobhan. :D :D :yes:

lisaw
12-10-2008, 12:43 PM
If he crashes into my roof after leaving yours Siobhan, I will know where to send the bill :lol:

Jazmine
12-10-2008, 05:57 PM
naff all he cant get in :lol:

Weeeel thats good cos he aint comin to you Mick cause you stole Siobhons choklit :taunt: :slap:
Jacqui xxx

Jazmine
12-10-2008, 06:00 PM
When the kids were small we used to leave whisky and shortbread for Santa and a mince pie or two, then for rudolph a carrot, some milk and jelly beans DD use to chew them first in case the reindeer choked :yes:
Jacqui xxx

Tink
12-10-2008, 06:25 PM
OH! How so very thoughtful of the child. :unsure: :wink:

Tink in Pink
12-10-2008, 08:42 PM
When Gareth was small it was milk and cookies and a carrot....

I'm sure my sisters and I used to leave Santa scotch whiskey, but now of course it's a more socially responsible age and we wouldn't want Santa drink-driving.:santawindow::chimneysanta:

We always left whiskey and a mince pie, a carrot for think the reindeer, didnt think about the drink driving :nono:. I think my lil sister:nono: may be making her own mince oies this year as she made the mince at school :thumbsup:. Astons too young at the moment but wont be long for the whole santa thing :yes: