PDA

View Full Version : I just don't care...

Ursula
12-12-2008, 12:58 AM
It doesn't matter how much fruit and nuts are in sugar free muesli it still tastes like the bottom of a birdcage :( I have to have sugar free muesli... I been told to :(

Tink
12-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Well, I've not ever tasted the bottom of a birdcage so can't comment on the comparison.

Do you have to have muesli? Can you eat something else instead? :hug2: :hug2:

Dawn
12-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Can't you have shredded wheat and sprinkle some fruit and nut bits on top?

Tink2
12-12-2008, 08:42 AM
It sounds awful :blech: is there nothing else to have? How's the weight loss going

Ursula
12-12-2008, 09:15 AM
I can have shredded wheat I suppose.... or hay might be more tastier :( Starts eyeing up the cat litter tray.......
I have to have the muesli because I have to have things that lay heavy..... so I feel fuller for longer as they take longer to go through the band. So anything soft and runnyish is a no no. ie, porridge and soft cereal.
The weight loss is slow but sure. Too slow for my impatience but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Claire
12-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Slow is better. Tougher. But better. :hug1:

Ursula
12-12-2008, 09:22 AM
And you have my utmost respect and admiration Claire... by the way Crayollas are very calorific you know ;)

Claire
12-12-2008, 09:23 AM
And you have my utmost respect and admiration Claire... by the way Crayollas are very calorific you know ;)Thank you Hun. Playdough is lower in calories so I'll stick to that maybe?

Dawn
12-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Just avoid plasticine altogether - almost 100% fat that stuff is.

Tink
12-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Well there must be something else that lays heavy and doesn't taste like fodder. :(

Have you looked into any of the Medifast products? Some of the bars they have are heavy and would keep you feeling full for up to four hours. They are working like a charm for me. :yes: I lose about 2 pounds a week (sometimes less, once in a wonderful while, MORE :D ) but I'm losing! :yes:

I've lost 62 pounds with 38 more to go. :sigh: But I'm happy that I'm over half way there. :D

Christmas will be a challenge, but I think I'll be ok. :yes: I just need to stay away from those high calorie sweets. (It's the carbs in them that throw me out of ketosis...).

Anyway, there HAS to be something nicer to eat. If you don't like what you are eating that can be a real cause of problems. :hug2:

Tink2
12-12-2008, 01:20 PM
.....Starts eyeing up the cat litter tray.......

I'd say it would probably be tastier than the sugar free muesli :thumbsdown:

....The weight loss is slow but sure. Too slow for my impatience but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Slow is better. Tougher. But better. :hug1:

It's true and better off than on :2thumbsup:

foreverducky
12-12-2008, 02:33 PM
I know this may sound way off, but plain popcorn sits heavy. Maybe I'm thinking way too much out of the box. :unsure:

Losing weight is soooooooooooooo difficult. I have another 23 pounds to lose and have lost 22 already. It so hard. :thumbsdown:

I've been eating loads of low calorie foods that don't always have a lot of taste. Now if I eat any 'normal' food my tummy gets real upset. :thumbsdown:

Ursula
12-12-2008, 02:33 PM
WOW! Tink you lil devil you! I had no idea you had lost so much! Whoooooooohoooo! Way to go Tink!

Claire
12-12-2008, 04:25 PM
I say well done to all us shrinking violets!

Tink2
12-12-2008, 04:43 PM
WOW! Tink you lil devil you! I had no idea you had lost so much! Whoooooooohoooo! Way to go Tink!

In the words of Elvis "It's now or never"

I've been very overweight for the past 10 years. I know that my dad would love to see me back to a healthy weight and as we don't know how much longer he has left I decided to do something about it now while there is still time. I'm at the right place in my head which really helps but it's still hard going.

Losing weight is soooooooooooooo difficult. I have another 23 pounds to lose and have lost 22 already.

Well done, you're nearly half way there which is a great achievement :thumbsup:

I say well done to all us shrinking violets!

You're an inspiration to us all Claire,:bravo1: seeing your ticker made me go and get one. Hopefully it will continue to countdown as far as yours :yes:

Tink
12-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Awwwww, Sister Tink2. :hug2: We are all here to encourage you, to help you through the tough time, to share what works for us... Never think you are 'out there' alone! :hug2:

One of the many problems of losing weight is no one thing works for everyone. It takes a lot of trial and hit and miss until you find a method that your body and mind can work with. :yes:

So while it's good to hear what others have to say, it's important to know what works for you and stick to that, eh? :yes: :hug2: