PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Sayings

foreverducky
13-12-2008, 05:49 PM
What's everyone's favorite saying? I'm sure everyone has got one that they really like.

I particularly enjoy this one, which I heard first on an episode of Two and Half Men..."you can't un-know something." :unsure:Boy is that true.

I also enjoy this one, while it sounds mean, I promise it doesn't come from a bad place..."I love you, just not that much." :taunt: This one has become my motto.

PsychoAlice
13-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Every tub sits on its own bottom...

Britchick
13-12-2008, 08:05 PM
okey dokey

uscwest
14-12-2008, 01:43 AM
What's everyone's favorite saying? I'm sure everyone has got one that they really like.

I particularly enjoy this one, which I heard first on an episode of Two and Half Men..."you can't un-know something." :unsure:Boy is that true.

True, but if you fry enough brain cells you can forget it. LOL

foreverducky
14-12-2008, 01:51 AM
:lol: So true.

Rosie0610
15-12-2008, 03:59 PM
A lot of times I say "and you're telling me this because..." My mother sometimes tells me really longwinded stories that make no sense. She needs to go back to work and be around people other than her grandson all day!

Beccaberry
15-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Let's see...probably the one I love the most is, "....bless their heart." My grandmother was a firm believe that you could say ANYTHING about another person or a situation that you wanted to as long as you followed it up with "...bless their heart..." Invoking that phrase removed any malice from your statement...I.E. "She is dumb as dirt...bless her heart." "That woman couldn't find her way out of a grocery bag...bless her heart." :D

I bless *lots* of hearts.

Johnie
15-12-2008, 05:44 PM
YOu can also substitute "God love her/him" for bless her heart :yes:

foreverducky
15-12-2008, 07:14 PM
A lot of times I say "and you're telling me this because..." My mother sometimes tells me really longwinded stories that make no sense. She needs to go back to work and be around people other than her grandson all day!

Well at least you are trying to get the meaning out of the story and how it pertains to you. :lol:

Let's see...probably the one I love the most is, "....bless their heart." My grandmother was a firm believe that you could say ANYTHING about another person or a situation that you wanted to as long as you followed it up with "...bless their heart..." Invoking that phrase removed any malice from your statement...I.E. "She is dumb as dirt...bless her heart." "That woman couldn't find her way out of a grocery bag...bless her heart." :D

I bless *lots* of hearts.

Ahhhh, yes. This sounds like a wonderful phrase to start saying. Think of all the wonderful things I could get away with. :yes:

Taja
15-12-2008, 08:45 PM
"Just Ducky!" :wink:

My father used to say that when someone asked him how he was. His tone conveyed the answer. :)

Seemed appropriate, considering who started the thread! :lol:

foreverducky
15-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Love it. :lol:

Tink
15-12-2008, 10:12 PM
"Listen to me. Are you listening to me?" :D :D :D

Becca, my grandmother said the same thing, but added, 'little' if it were a particularly dreadful thing. :D "Bless her little heart. She wouldn't know a bargain if it jumped up and bit her on the nose." :sorry:

Dyin' duck fit is another one I like. :D :D

Ummmm...'ayuh' for the ultimate in laconic approval. :D

Here's an old one, "Try? Try? There is no try. Do or do not." I've probably got it a bit wrong, but that's the jist.

"What has it gots in its pocketses? Its gots my birthday ring."

"I stole the baby!!! FLAP you stupid bird! FLAP!" :laugh: We used this one a lot when Seth was a tiny, bitty boy. :yes:

Watchinherskip
19-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Didn't think I used any but a former student of mine came into the planetarium with her third grader. She was in my ninth grade science class in the mid 1990's. Found out she married a classmate whom I also taught.

Her: Mr. B....its me...do you know who I am?
Me: ah...then it came to me....yes I know you....you are X
Her: Your pretty popular around our house
Me: why?
Her: your old sayings...I find I am using it all the time with my kids..hubby uses it to!

Me: ?
Her: You know take your time.....and hustle up.

Not a great one but to let you know, my eight grade math teacher used it every day with me and my class. I took it from him as a cue I guess and used it with my kids at the high school. So in a way a piece of Mr. Bart still lives on. God love em...

wdwgrandma
19-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Mine is probably "God bless America and all the ships at sea". At least that's what my granddaughters would probably tell you. While I had them at WDW, I must have said it several times because it got to the point where I'd say the "God bless America" and they'd pipe in with "and all the ships at sea"!!!

Taja
19-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Mine is probably "God bless America and all the ships at sea". At least that's what my granddaughters would probably tell you. While I had them at WDW, I must have said it several times because it got to the point where I'd say the "God bless America" and they'd pipe in with "and all the ships at sea"!!!

Another wonderful memory with their grandma! :hug2:

PsychoAlice
20-12-2008, 03:19 AM
ahh my new saying that makes me laugh...

Tubetop...