PDA

View Full Version : off to London tomorrow

mumof2
16-12-2008, 09:42 PM
We have sent a claim form, copies of tickets, and a copy of a letter requesting a refund from the Lapland to the credit card company and are off on our replacement day out tomorrow!

I'm really looking forward to it - i love day trips there. We used to be in London all the time when I was younger as most of our extended family lived there - we'd be up there frequently with Mum and Dad.

Now it's good for days out and it's only an hour and a half away by train. I plan to take the camera if i remember it so i hope to have some pics for you!

Fingers crossed it stays dry - cold i can deal with as we'll wrap up but rain....na, don't want it thanks!

lisaw
16-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Have a lovely day - the weather is supposed to be cold but nice tomorrow. :D

I love going to London - the kids and I are going on Monday with my friend and her children to see Father Christmas at Harrods and do the London Eye - can't wait :yes:

Britchick
16-12-2008, 09:49 PM
and i will be there saturday!

Lisa, you must remind me when you book father christmas for next year- i forgot this year so didn't do it in time!!

lisaw
16-12-2008, 09:51 PM
and i will be there saturday!

Lisa, you must remind me when you book father christmas for next year- i forgot this year so didn't do it in time!!

It went online the end of August - I didn't realise either and apparantly they all went within a couple of hours - luckily my friend got 6. I am quite excited about it as we usually go much earlier - it will be nice to be up there this close to Christmas :D

Britchick
16-12-2008, 09:53 PM
i'll put it in outlook now then :thumbsup:

mumof2
16-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Get you Lisa! Father Christmas at Harrods - very nice too! Have lots of fun...! :yes:

Britchick, what plans do you have?

Britchick
16-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Get you Lisa! Father Christmas at Harrods - very nice too! Have lots of fun...! :yes:

shopping at covent garden, WICKED and then a mooch around harrods and oxford street! have you got a plan?

Britchick
16-12-2008, 09:59 PM
oooh, just read that Kerry Ellis will be performing defying gravity with Brian May on the royal variety performance on wed night bbc1:thumbsup:

lisaw
16-12-2008, 10:01 PM

We have been for the last 7 years - it's free to go to as well, you just pay 10 for the photo if you want it (we always do) but there is no pressure to buy.

The kids get a really nice book from him with a Harrods stamp and the date inside - nice to keep :D

You used to have to queue and we have been known to queue for over 4 hours before but there was always lots of entertainment in the queue line and lots of goodies given out. Now you reserve a time slot online which is better but you have to remember to book the day they come out.

mumof2
16-12-2008, 10:11 PM
We have been for the last 7 years - it's free to go to as well, you just pay 10 for the photo if you want it (we always do) but there is no pressure to buy.

The kids get a really nice book from him with a Harrods stamp and the date inside - nice to keep :D

You used to have to queue and we have been known to queue for over 4 hours before but there was always lots of entertainment in the queue line and lots of goodies given out. Now you reserve a time slot online which is better but you have to remember to book the day they come out.

wowee that sounds excellent! i wish i'd known about that years ago when both the boys were young - i can't imagine DS14 taking part but you never know i guess!

mumof2
16-12-2008, 10:18 PM
shopping at covent garden, WICKED and then a mooch around harrods and oxford street! have you got a plan?

well that sounds fab i must say!

we're arriving at Victoria around 10am, jumping on a tube to Westminster then walking over Westminster Bridge to the Cologne style Christmas market along near the London Eye somewhere!

At 1pm I've booked us on the Duck Tour - DS9 and DH, and the inlaws have never been on it before so that should be fun. The boys and FIL don't know they're going on it - FIL thinks he's going on a river cruise I think!

After that it's back across the bridge then up Whitehall past the Cenotaph and Downing Street towards Trafalgar Square to see the Christmas tree, then maybe a stroll through st James Park and past Buck Palace on the way back to Victoria Station.

Phew - i'm worn out already, and as long as it all goes to plan I've done my trip report in advance! :happybounce:

lisaw
16-12-2008, 10:21 PM
I love the Duck Tours :yes: We took my dad last year for his 70th. Have a great time - I'm sure they will love it - I will keep everything crossed for good weather :fingers:

Britchick
16-12-2008, 10:23 PM
that sounds great M ! the kids did a duck tour with their Aunty, i read about the christmas market but i intend to use the tube as little as possible on Saturday as it may be somewhat crowded!! :hysterical laugh:

mumof2
16-12-2008, 10:26 PM
oh gawd yeah, i remember us getting it back from Covent Garden one time during Feb half term holidays, OMG it was AWFUL!! I couldn't breath and I was so worried about getting separated from the boys.

mumof2
16-12-2008, 10:27 PM
yes please Lisa! dry weather would be fabulous.

Britchick
16-12-2008, 10:28 PM
oh gawd yeah, i remember us getting it back from Covent Garden one time during Feb half term holidays, OMG it was AWFUL!! I couldn't breath and I was so worried about getting separated from the boys.

i have a plan!

have fun tomorrow and we'll be expecting a trippie!

mumof2
16-12-2008, 10:30 PM
i have a plan!

have fun tomorrow and we'll be expecting a trippie!

okey dokey! off to bed now i think

nighty night :wave:

Dawn
17-12-2008, 08:18 AM
M if your train stops at Clapham Junction you can change there are get a train into Waterloo and the London Eye is a 2 minute walk from there, well signposted, if you don't fancy the tube ride.

Disneybumble
17-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Hope you all have/had great days.

uscwest
17-12-2008, 11:50 AM
I'll bet that London is gorgeous at Christmas. I would love to see Harrods and Selfridges. Do they decorate the Palace?

Dawn
17-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Do they decorate the Palace?

Oh lordy no, that would be unregal and just dignified. They have trees and stuff inside the palace but you won't see an 8ft inflatable Homer Simpson in the courtyard. :rotfl:

mumof2
17-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Oh lordy no, that would be unregal and just dignified. They have trees and stuff inside the palace but you won't see an 8ft inflatable Homer Simpson in the courtyard. :rotfl:

no that's right Dawn, no inflatable Homer but this year they do have a huge red bow tied across the whole width of the palace.....it looks just like a Christmas present - it's very pretty! :yes:

I'll post some of my photos tomorrow maybe, unfortunately i ran out of space on my memory card by the time we got to the palace!

Britchick
17-12-2008, 09:33 PM
you survived, yay! i expect photos by the time i get home tomorrow :yes::thumbsup: :taunt:

mumof2
17-12-2008, 09:39 PM
you survived, yay! i expect photos by the time i get home tomorrow :yes::thumbsup: :taunt:

I did survive didn't I - phew! when are you going - Saturday? Good luck! :rotfl:

Britchick
17-12-2008, 09:58 PM
I did survive didn't I - phew! when are you going - Saturday? Good luck! :rotfl:

la la la la la i can't hear you!!!!! :thud::eek3::mental::tremble:

was it really that bad? :unsure: maybe everyone else will think it's a stupid thing to do and not go and it will be dead :unsure:

Mari
17-12-2008, 10:14 PM
well that sounds fab i must say!

we're arriving at Victoria around 10am, jumping on a tube to Westminster then walking over Westminster Bridge to the Cologne style Christmas market along near the London Eye somewhere!

At 1pm I've booked us on the Duck Tour - DS9 and DH, and the inlaws have never been on it before so that should be fun. The boys and FIL don't know they're going on it - FIL thinks he's going on a river cruise I think!

After that it's back across the bridge then up Whitehall past the Cenotaph and Downing Street towards Trafalgar Square to see the Christmas tree, then maybe a stroll through st James Park and past Buck Palace on the way back to Victoria Station.

Phew - i'm worn out already, and as long as it all goes to plan I've done my trip report in advance! :happybounce:

sounds amazing!!! :)

mumof2
18-12-2008, 10:58 AM
la la la la la i can't hear you!!!!! :thud::eek3::mental::tremble:

was it really that bad? :unsure: maybe everyone else will think it's a stupid thing to do and not go and it will be dead :unsure:

:rotfl:nooooo just joking - it wasn't bad at all. in fact, i would even go as far as saying it was fairly quiet, well quiet for London you know

mumof2
18-12-2008, 10:59 AM
sounds amazing!!! :)

it didn't go strictly to plan but not too far off it! will post a short trippie and pictures at some point soon!

Britchick
18-12-2008, 12:32 PM
to think i came home for lunch to see the photos.................... :rolleyes:

mumof2
18-12-2008, 01:32 PM
to think i came home for lunch to see the photos.................... :rolleyes:

well I've got them on the computer - just need to get them on here!