PDA

View Full Version : 'Ware! Rant!!!

Tink
18-12-2008, 03:08 PM
OK. So I'm in the Houston airport. I left Dallas this AM on an oh dark hundred flight.

Get to Houston, told at the arrival gate to go to E12. Fine...have to take a tram to get there...no prob.

Get to the gate. Stand around for half an hour, the numbers of the flights don't match...

Woman who finally shows up (and is surly as heck because she has to work apparently) tells me I'm supposed to be at C43...different terminal, and no I can't get on the Orlando flight going out of her gate. No reason, just no I can't.

So, I schlep to C43...numbers match. Destination matches. No agent. I sit.

There is a sudden influx of people into the area and they too sit...I wonder about that... I look at the board again and it's suddenly changed to Los Angeles...

I ask the woman at the counter about it and she (of unbelievable unpleasantness) tells me this is the gate to Los Angeles. I show her my ticket and ask if it's also the gate for Orlando. She asks if I've read the board.

Now, I am no longer happy. I told her no, I have been here for some time... she points vaguely and says it's down that way.

I take a deep breath and say, "And you are here. IS THIS THE GATE FOR ORLANDO?"

No. It's now gate C44...no major issue.

I am so OVER Continental...this time I mean it!!!! No more domestic flights on this carrier for me. This isn't the first time I've had problems and lousy service from Continental.

It's not the changing gates, it's the absolute nastiness of the workers. Is it really that hard to simply be civil? Apparently so.

Oh, and the worst ones of this morning? They all conveniently didn't have their name tags on. Nice huh?

I did verify with yet another woman at this gate that it is the gate for Orlando. She says it is. For now. It may change.

I just want to get home. (Fog is terrible...I have a sinking feeling they are going to start canceling flights...).

I'm done.

Thank you for listening. I know there is nothing to be done, but I really needed to vent.

MystikPiglit
18-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Oh my goodness... :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

I think a strongly worded letter is called for, when you eventually get home. :thumbsdown:

Have another :hug2:

Dorothy
18-12-2008, 03:21 PM
:hug2::hug2::hug2:

Shellyamc
18-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Wow - what a nasty company :nono:

With the morning that you are having, I would watch out for any chicken that might be nearby :unsure: We wouldn't want you to snap and then be on the news or anything

Dawn
18-12-2008, 03:30 PM
:furious: :furious: :furious:

Tink
18-12-2008, 03:33 PM
The chickens have nothing to worry about. The next nasty Continental employee I have to interact with would be well advised to be excrutiatingly polite. :(

foreverducky
18-12-2008, 03:34 PM
I would want to not only rant, but also have a good scream. You know, the one that comes from the gut. You have ever right to be angry and frustrated.

uscwest
18-12-2008, 03:36 PM
WOW, sounds like some Continental employees got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Disneybumble
18-12-2008, 03:52 PM
:hug2::hug2::hug2:

Beccaberry
18-12-2008, 04:07 PM
:hug2: :hug2:

Or should I just give you this :crackwhip:

Honestly though...wouldn't you be cranky if you had to live *there* :D :wink:

Not an excuse...just wanted to make you smile lovie :D

Tink
18-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Well, I've written a letter as I sat here at the gate. I've watched a group of four employees having a personal conversation at the counter and then sharply tell people they were not "working there" when asked for help. I put that in the letter too.

I know it won't make a bit of a difference, but at least I will have written the letter. :shrug:

Thank you all for listening to me. :spring:

I'm just glad to be going home (oh, did I mention the plane was delayed ... :rolleyes2: ) so I can help Herself get ready with Christmas. :)

Take care now!!

Tink
18-12-2008, 04:10 PM
You know I'm over this place Becca when I start deliberately pronouncing the name of this city as HOUSEton instead of the incorrect HUESton. :D :D

I can actually see the shudders. :sorry:

Beccaberry
18-12-2008, 04:12 PM
OF COURSE THE PLANE WAS DELAYED!!!!

I wrote a strongly worded letter to JetBlue the other day...I love the airline itself...but I do not LOVE when a flight attendant opens the over head compartment and a walking cane tumbles out of it directly onto my head (OUCH!!!) and she can't even be bothered to ask if I'm ok. Instead she snatches it back up and stuffs it back into the overhead compartment as if I won't notice I was just smacked in the head.

:rolleyes: Take that damn Hello Kitty necklace off your neck and show some professionalism, woman!!!!!

Tink
18-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I had a continental employee on a previous trip (this year) raise her voice (so the entire darn plane could hear) and tell me that I'd put my bag in the overhead compartment incorrectly...before I could say a word, the woman passenger who had moved my bag spoke up and said what she'd done. The continental employee then looked daggers at HER.

Never apologized... that's what I mean. I'm not after an obsequious display, rather simple politeness, eh? :sigh:

Beccaberry
18-12-2008, 04:18 PM
EXACTLY. A little decorum and politeness is a wonderful thing. Obviously they all have their ascots tied too tightly.

Tink
18-12-2008, 04:18 PM
I could help them with that.

Beccaberry
18-12-2008, 04:26 PM
LOL!!!

:laugh:

GET ON THAT PLANE, NOW!!!

Herself has no desire to come bail your hiney out of a Texas jail....she's quite busy putting lights on the tree!

Dawn
18-12-2008, 04:52 PM
I saw a program last night on TV about a certain aspect of Texas. :eek:

Disneybumble
18-12-2008, 05:23 PM
I saw a program last night on TV about a certain aspect of Texas. :eek:

And............

Britchick
18-12-2008, 05:26 PM
:hug2:

Dawn
18-12-2008, 05:29 PM
And............

63% of Texans are overweight or obese. :eek:

It was about a 13 year old girl who weighed 320lbs and had decided her only hope was liposuction.:unsure:

Claire
18-12-2008, 05:57 PM
:hug1: Tink

You know what you need in that fog Tink? Lights! Problem is, Herself has commandeered them all for your tree! :lol:

Dawn
18-12-2008, 05:59 PM

You know what you need in that fog Tink? Lights! Problem is, Herself has commandeered them all for your tree! :lol:

Ursula
18-12-2008, 06:45 PM
I think the airline should massage your lil piggies with almond oil all the way home :D

Deb
18-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Tink, I'll say nuffink or I'll rant with you and that's so not what you need right now! So I'll just :hug2:

Mari
18-12-2008, 08:44 PM
I HATE Continental employees... especially the ones in Houston...

I seriously dont know whats wrong with them, but CUSTOMER SERVICE is not ANYWHERE on their job description!!!!!

mumof2
18-12-2008, 09:01 PM
that is *so* lousy Tink :hug2:

Mari
18-12-2008, 09:05 PM

:laugh2:

Ursula
18-12-2008, 10:12 PM
How come these staff keep getting away with their rudeness to passengers?

Johnie
19-12-2008, 01:24 AM
:hug2: for you. :slap: for them!

I will say that even though I was royally PO'd at AirTran the other night, they were exceedingly polite to me.

Are you home yet? :unsure:

Tink
19-12-2008, 01:26 AM
I have no idea, Helly.

Once I finally got on the plane we sat on the runway for over an hour while TWO maintenance men tried to fix the latch on an overhead bin. TAKE THE LUGGAGE OUT OF THAT BIN, GATE CHECK IT, AND GET THIS THING IN THE AIR!!!! Oh my gosh. People were grumbling big time.

Then, the woman who was in my row (just the two of us, that was nice...in the exit row...more nice) asked the attendant to turn down the AC jet and direct it off of her (it was in the ceiling...) the attendant rolled her eyes, moved the jet so it blew on me (of course) and then complained to the other attendant about it (in our hearing).

I got up and got my coat and used it for a blanket all the way home.

I was never so happy to get off a plane in my life...

So. I'm on my way home from the airport when I get a text from the California contingent that are on their way here for Christmas (due in Sunday). They expect to be here TOMORROW morning. :eek: THEN, I called the NY contingent to ask a question and got Max. He told me they were on the way to the hospital to pick up his Mommy (from work, she's a nurse) and they were HEADING OUT a day early. :eek:

Oh, so how rushed are we now?

Herself took down the big tree with the zillion lights. :spring: The new skinny tree is up and needs to be arranged and decorated.

I am struggling to stay awake right now, so not much more is getting done tonight.

There. Now I ask you, how's that for a good old rant? :sigh:

Tink
19-12-2008, 01:27 AM
You never did tell us about that Johnie. What happened with Airtran?

Johnie
19-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Well nothing in comparison to what happened to you. But, you know how it is when you get excited to go somewhere....you just want to be there NOW.

Well the plane in Richmond boarded on time. However, we sat on the runway for some unknown reason. We had a connecting flight in Atlanta at 7:30. We laneded in terminal C at 7:15pm. We went to the bathroom really quickly and headed over to terminal D. Only to be told that the flight had already left. It was 7:26......the plane was still sitting there!! Then they give me some nonsense about weighing the plane, etc and you have to be at the gate 10 minutes before departure. None of this was my fault and they knew exactly who we were! Argh. They got us on a flight at 8:45 but we had to go all the way back to terminal C. I was not happy.

Then add onto it that I sent Alysia to Burger King to get me chicken of some sort. Now I don't especially care for Bk but we had passed it and I wanted a drink with ice in the cup. Alysia decides to go to Sojourner's Truth and get me $13 chicken fingers. And a bottled drink. I wasn't happy with her either.

See? just silliness on my part. Though I am still miffed about being told the plane was already gone when it was evidently still sitting there.

BevW
19-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Personally, I hated the Houston airports...pick one..either one.

Tink
19-12-2008, 01:41 AM
I detest being lied to by the airlines. That's happened to me with Continental in Houston before, too.

BevW! :hug2: I met a man who was born and raised in Colorado. He was talking about being a kid there and I thought of you and your little ones. :yes: Hope all is well with you. :yes:

BevW
19-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Thanks Sweetie! We're bundled up here now....we've got snow..surprise surprise. :lol:
I haven't been online in ages for all the cookie baking (and testing hehehe) I'm so full.

Tink
19-12-2008, 01:52 AM
:yes: It's that time of year!! :D :D

You did see who has joined us, yes? MARI is here!! And just wait until you see her beautiful little Tatiana! :yes:

BevW
19-12-2008, 01:53 AM
I saw her name!!! And she had a baby!!! Wow...time is just whooshing by and I'm caught in the tail wind!

Beccaberry
19-12-2008, 02:43 AM
Glad you made it home dahhhhhhhhhhhhling!!!

Now, guests are on their way....chop chop!!!

ieuanr
19-12-2008, 12:40 PM
You see - this is the real reason people are not allowed to carry firearms into airports! These people would be more respectful if you were tooled up! :thumbsup:

Taja
19-12-2008, 09:22 PM
That was a wonderful--and well deserved!--rant, Tink! :hug2:

Glad you're home safely.

No sleep for you for a few days until everything is done and your guests have arrived. Gotta love it when they decide to arrive a day or so early without letting you know. :rolleyes: