PDA

View Full Version : Snow Day!

Beccaberry
19-12-2008, 02:57 PM
There's a storm blowing in this morning (no ladies, I'm *not* talking about my parents :wink: ) and our high today is around 20...so our last day of school before winter break has been canceled. Since the snow hasn't started yet, I'll have a small window of opportunity to pop out and do a bit of last minute shopping :D

I love snow days. The kids are still sleeping...I've had a leisurely cup of coffee and I'll be headed out soon.

Only thing I haven't sorted out is why Jon is sniggering at me for wearing my flip flops. :wink: What? It's not like it's snowing THIS MINUTE. :rolleyes:

In other news...my parent's have decided to *surprise* me for Christmas with a week long visit. We're also hosting Jon's family for the holidays.

:unimpressed:

Siobhan, pass the vodka.

Tink, I'll have some of that Beefeaters.

And Johnie...you know the drill.

A flippin' week. Seveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen looooooooooooooooooooong days.

wdwgrandma
19-12-2008, 03:05 PM
LOL Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can!

uscwest
19-12-2008, 03:34 PM
They canceled school BEFORE the storm? Are the roads icy? Around here they would probably wait until it was utter chaos before they sent the kids home.

Watchinherskip
19-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Aw...as a teacher, let me tell you HOW exciting a snow day is to me. DW and I find it hard to sleep at night when it is snowing down here. If there is snow, there usually is a snow day even if it is only a half inch. We aren't the best of drivers in the snow...heck even on dry roads.hehe:point: here in the south.

I hope some snow remains as we will be heading North in a few days.

Dawn
19-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Seven days???!!! :bugeye:

foreverducky
19-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Yes, the snow has hit here too. It's not pretty. Family/friends in Indiana have no power and loads of ice. Family in Ohio also have loads of ice.

My parents are also visiting for a week (Dec 29-Jan 2). :mental: Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, but I want to love them from afar.

Disneybumble
19-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Becca my friend l shall fed ex over more. Keep a bottle in every room. Drink slowly over 7 days and it will seem like 3. May the force be with you.

Shellyamc
19-12-2008, 05:52 PM
All of our local schools were dismissed between 9:45 and 11:30 and they had that in place last night :yes: When a storm like this is coming, they know it is better to get the kids home before it hits!

Johnie
19-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Darling, you must tell them that you need to leave on Saturday because you already have PLANS in Ocean City. There is lots of alcohol with your name on it......

I wish we would get a snow day. Those were so fun!

Tinker
20-12-2008, 12:29 AM
We got about 4 inches of snow before the sleet and rain started . My girlfriend and I baked alllllllllll day . Baking is now done except for the cake .
Relax while you can, Becca . And try to enjoy your holiday . Have Plenty of vodka on hand and the days will float by . :lol: :hug2: