PDA

View Full Version : For sale or exchange...

Claire
29-12-2008, 08:46 PM
One 16 year old. Female. Not housetrained.

All I will say is I now have a big dent in my bedroom wall, a smashed clock and a sore throat from screaming. Where did I go wrong? Oh I remember. I lost all rational thought back in 1991.

mumof2
29-12-2008, 08:48 PM
:hug2: erm, no thanks!

i have a teenage boy - is that any better than having a teenage girl? :unsure:

lisaw
29-12-2008, 08:50 PM
:hug2:

Deb
29-12-2008, 08:50 PM
There's a large bottle of Bailey's in the cupboard by the window, bottom left hand shelf. It may help. Make sure you keep hold of it though so it doesn't end up the way of the clock.

Oh, and :hug2:

Dorothy
29-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Been there, done that, and there is no way on this earth you could convince me to own a teenager again!!!! The good news is that someday she will become human again and you'll be best friends, I promise :hug2:

Claire
29-12-2008, 08:52 PM
There's a large bottle of Bailey's in the cupboard by the window, bottom left hand shelf. It may help. Make sure you keep hold of it though so it doesn't end up the way of the clock.

Oh, and :hug2:Will I have to give the bottle up as exhibit a in any subsequent trial?

Claire
29-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Been there, done that, and there is no way on this earth you could convince me to own a teenager again!!!! The good news is that someday she will become human again and you'll be best friends, I promise :hug2:
Really? Honestly? Truly? I will like her again one day???

Taja
29-12-2008, 08:53 PM
:eek:

:hug2:

mumof2
29-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Will I have to give the bottle up as exhibit a in any subsequent trial?

not if you dispose of it quickly

Deb
29-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Will I have to give the bottle up as exhibit a in any subsequent trial?

No. It will just look like normal Christmas detritus. That's why I chose Bailey's rather than vodka. Most people think you only drink it at Christmas (though of course we know better).

Britchick
29-12-2008, 09:07 PM
i have 3 bottles of baileys, a tescos ordering disaster :unsure:

Deb
29-12-2008, 09:08 PM
i have 3 bottles of baileys, a tescos ordering disaster :unsure:

Ok, so what did you ACTUALLY order???? :unsure:

Deb
29-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Oh, and 3 bottles are probably a very good thing in this situation :yes:

Britchick
29-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Ok, so what did you ACTUALLY order???? :unsure:

weeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllll i had a code but you had to have over 75 in the order to use it so i put a few things in the basket to save it and had to top it up to 75 so i put 3 bottles of baileys in - forgot about it and Jon was here when the order came and accepted them, he said he thought it was a bit strange :rolleyes: why didn't he call me, usually he calls me all the time :lol:

i also did it one and 3 bottles of whisky turned up, just 3 bottles - i had to explain to the driver that i was not an alcoholic and turn them away.......i don't think he believed me :unsure:

Deb
29-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Hmmmm. I wonder why Brit? :taunt:

Dawn
29-12-2008, 09:18 PM
I'll take those Baileys from you. Need something like that right now.

Britchick
29-12-2008, 09:20 PM
how very dare you :jawdrop: :lol:

Dorothy
29-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Really? Honestly? Truly? I will like her again one day???

Well the good news is YES you will, but the bad news is that is going to take about another 2-3 years for that to happen. Just hang in there hun :hug2:

Here's a really terrible picture of Diane and of her husband, but Zach looks adorable drinking apple juice from a wine glass doesn't he :D

Ursula
29-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Yep we told everyone it was apple juice too ;) Keeps them quiet and mellow.....
Hugs for Claire XXXXXXXXXXX Going through it also hun X

josh.p.
29-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Us teenage boys don't do things like that. I always just do the 'I'm-going-to-ignore-you-until-you-calm-down" thing when mum get's angry at me. I think she finds it quite patronising but If I spoke to her how she speaks to me when she's in a mood then I'd generally get a good telling off. :slap:

PsychoAlice
29-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Erm...not to be nosey..but Im gonna be nosey...what the heck happened?

I like my teenagers...they like me..I guess I got lucky...

Course if mine ever put a hole in the wall on purpose they would be eating their teeth..

Johnie
30-12-2008, 02:38 AM
I am sure she likes her teen most days. As do I....but sometimes....well......that is all I am going to say.

PsychoAlice
30-12-2008, 03:54 AM
LOL I never said that she didnt like her teenager somedays I just said I like my teenagers everyday...we just dont have blow outs like that..and just incase we do I wanted to be prepared and think about how I would handle it...lol Im trying to learn from others here!

SleepinCatz
30-12-2008, 06:04 AM
I'd trade for my 19yr old male...but right now he's reduced me to tears so I don't think it would be an upgrade for you....

Ursula
30-12-2008, 06:32 AM
Aw hugs hun XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

daveann
30-12-2008, 10:42 AM
aw hug my teenage boys seemed not to be to bad maybe its a girl thing :(

Team Harris
30-12-2008, 11:51 AM
:slap:

Can only offer you a swap for a DS 14 AND DS 12 - 2 for the price of 1, now there's a good offer. :wave:

Can only add that my bedroom wall is intact, however I have two rather dented bedroom doors! :sorry:

Beccaberry
30-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Hugs all around :hug2: :hug2:

Mine has been driving me up the wall lately, too....he *just* may have inherited a bit of his mother's stubbornness....

kazzaqld
30-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Mine has been good lately - mind you I have hardly seen him, he's been at a friend's. :lol:

He has even agreed to get a haircut for the funeral on Friday. :thumbsup: (so cross fingers I can get an appointment today!)

mainecoon lover
30-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Aww Clare :hug2:. I have one of those as well. Yes she may be severly disabled but boy she still knows how to wind her mum up :yes:. Her lungs are exercised daily, and boy can she throw a mean punch. I have been told its the hormones and she will come out of it, i am sure she will as i can remember me being like that :lol:. The good thing is she has now decided its nice to lay in bed most of the day. I did feel a bit deprived here as its only now just kicked in. When we go in to get her up she says no, so we make her comfortable, put here tv on and leave her to it till she is ready to join us.

Claire
30-12-2008, 09:28 PM
It must be a girl thing Michelle. Poppy will not shift her a**e out of bed for anything unless it involves cash.

I was responsible for the dent in the wall. The clock didn't stand a chance! TBH it's an ongoing feud involving her pulling her weight. I want her to, she doesn't. Of the 5 people in this house she does the absolute least yet takes the most! The girl is a law unto herself. :sorry:

SleepinCatz
30-12-2008, 11:37 PM
sadly it's not just a girl thing.....

PsychoAlice
30-12-2008, 11:39 PM
It must be a girl thing Michelle. Poppy will not shift her a**e out of bed for anything unless it involves cash.

Well at least it isnt her a**e thats in the bed making the cash...LMAO sorry..I had to But Im just playin...wait no im not...Im glad its not that!

Tink
31-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Well, having just had a houseful of company of all ages, I'll take the "kids" any day over the so called adults! :eek: Seriously!!!

No true teens in the mix though (not yet anyway). However, I can honestly say that three of the five adults (not counting us) behaved EXACTLY like teens who were having a very bad day. :sigh:

So, unfortunately (since they were all over 30!) they don't always "grow out of it!" Or at least, the growing out of it isn't a continuous state of maturity. ;)

We survived. :D (But then, it was only a week). :D

Disneybumble
31-12-2008, 03:42 PM
I have a 15 year old boy. He is lazy,selfish and greedy. But he's mine and at the moment he is up for grabs. quote from today " Mum l am going to a party and l'll be back at 4a.m" Me laughing and thinking he's only joking, but when i said 12.30 he flipped. Claire take him .

Claire
31-12-2008, 03:45 PM
I have a 15 year old boy. He is lazy,selfish and greedy. But he's mine and at the moment he is up for grabs. quote from today " Mum l am going to a party and l'll be back at 4a.m" Me laughing and thinking he's only joking, but when i said 12.30 he flipped. Claire take him .
What we need is an island somewhere...

Dorothy
31-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Having lived throught the teen years twice, I can tell you that it was much much harder with Diane than it was with Mike. Girls whine and carry on whereas at least the boys just get plain old fashioned mad!!

Mad I can do, just please don't whine at me :sigh:

Debbie2
31-12-2008, 07:21 PM
You're not alone Claire...I have one of those myself......1992 vintage and we have our moments like you. I find it helps to look at the positive. Yep she is useless at tidying up, does very little about the house but she works hard at school doesn't drink smoke or mess around so overall I'll keep her.

Try some new years resolutions with her. Good luck hun

PsychoAlice
01-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Just to let you all know....

I came home to a clean kitchen..it was not that way last night when I went to bed after working 14 hours nor that way when I went to work this morning at 4am...all done without me asking....

Psychological warefare and daily beatings when they are small works wonders for when they are older.....

Ursula
01-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Mine HAS to have the last word.......... and as you can imagine... with me that is very difficult.

PsychoAlice
01-01-2009, 04:25 PM
See I dont understand the attitude thing..last night, Derrick (17, pitcured below)

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/PsychoAlice/D.jpg

looks at me and says..hey mom Im gonna go hang out with Paige...I reply "Paige who is drunk all the time" his reply "yep, gotta take care of my friends to make sure they dont any stupid $h*t" "You arent going to do any stupid $h*t are you?" "Nope" "OK well when you get home I wanna smell your breath"

He came home, I smelled his breath, no drinking, no arguements or attitude on the conditions...I could have gotten the whole "dont you trust me" speech out of him..he is capable of it (as some of you know I caught him smokeing pot last winter...in my living room), but it doesnt happen...I wish I could give some of that to your teenagers..and I dont know what I have done differently

Johnie
01-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Well hon, I don't get any lip about important things ever. However, she IS a girl and can be moody. I would be very concerned if I didn't get some sort of lip every now and again.

Boys are also a lot easier to deal with than girls.......

PsychoAlice
01-01-2009, 06:33 PM
LOL well I have another one comin right up behind him that is the female persuasion...Phsyically she is almost 12...mentally she is about 7...so try being mentally 7 with all the horomones?

Yea Im still saying I have it good...with no real arguements

cathydisneynut
01-01-2009, 09:51 PM
I now have 3 teenagers at home.

Sneaks off to pack suitcase and leave quietly....:surrender:

PsychoAlice
01-01-2009, 10:29 PM
you can send em here cathy..

Ursula
01-01-2009, 10:31 PM
I bravely went into DD's bedroom yesterday... she was sitting there cutting up some paper into teeny tiny pieces and it had gone everywhere???????????? Why I have no idea... so I said to her "What are you making?"

"A mess" she said.........

PsychoAlice
01-01-2009, 11:12 PM
She knew what she was doing..whats the big deal?

cathydisneynut
02-01-2009, 09:49 AM
you can send em here cathy..

It'll have to wait until I can scrape the airfare together:wiggle:

I bravely went into DD's bedroom yesterday... she was sitting there cutting up some paper into teeny tiny pieces and it had gone everywhere???????????? Why I have no idea... so I said to her "What are you making?"

"A mess" she said.........

But did she tidy up afterwards?:unsure: