PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Dawn
02-01-2009, 11:57 AM
It is Friday isn't it?

I've got so confused over what day is what over the holidays.

Anyway we've had our first rubbish collection this morning since before Christmas. We put out a very respectable 2 and a bit bags of rubbish and 2 boxes packed with recycleables. The neighbours put out their usual 15 bags and that doesn't count what's been chucked on the big pile in their garden to be set light to at some point.

Took Steven to Brighton this morning for breakfast in Starbucks and a look in the Lego shop. They didn't have the car he coveted so he chose a different car and I've just ordered the one he really wants from Amazon. I'm slightly suspicious that I may have lost out here somehow. :unsure:

Went into the Disney store. Waded through all the half price HSM merchandise that still isn't selling and right at the back of the shop I found Pooh christmas snowglobes reduced from 15 to 2.99. Well it would have been rude not to buy. :D

Yesterday we cleared our garden shed out as mice have been using it as a hotel and it was beginning to smell. Cleared everything out, cleaned up and found the little hole where they were coming in. Adrian filled the hole with concrete. :evil:

Also hung up a load of bird feeders but what with the dog and the starlings, nothing much has been to visit.

Off to park later to get new cache that's appeared there. :D

mumof2
02-01-2009, 12:03 PM
gosh it is Friday isn't it?! i can't believe the holidays are almost over - back to that same old school routine on Monday, that'll be fun.....how on earth I'm going to get them both moving so early in the morning i don't know :unsure:

DS14 had his friend over to stay last night and all 3 boys camped out in his bedroom. i told them to open the window this morning......3 boys, one room - yikes!

not much planned for the weekend, i always feel Christmas holidays should be for chilling and whatever happens happens! :thumbsup:

Dawn
02-01-2009, 12:12 PM
And I start my school job Monday too. So now I have to think about 2 packed lunches each morning. :unsure:

MystikPiglit
02-01-2009, 12:26 PM
It is Friday isn't it?
As I thought it was Sunday yesterday :unsure: it's been difficult thinking this is Friday.....

right at the back of the shop I found Pooh christmas snowglobes reduced from 15 to 2.99. Well it would have been rude not to buy. :D

Wow, bargain!! :thumbsup:

MystikPiglit
02-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh, and 'Good Luck' for Monday, Dawn. :thumbsup:

keith
02-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Off to park later to get new cache that's appeared there. :D

ooo brilliant! that must be exciting to see what someone new has done. Do we get photos? :D

mumof2
02-01-2009, 12:58 PM
:rolleyes2: arrrrrgh...packed lunches! :sigh:

oh, and good luck for Monday - you'll probably need it with all those (eek!) little people!:lipwobble: :exit:

Claire
02-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Well I've just parted company with 118.80 thanks to the flat tyre we had on NYE. If DH thinks he's getting away with that as a present for my birthday later this month... :slap:

Good luck for Monday Dawn. What will you put in your packed lunch? Make sure it's healthy!

We have the last of our get-togethers tomorrow night so I'm grabbing all the bargain party food that's still available. Maisie has chosen to make chewy marshmallow rice squares, viennese chocolate creams and macaroon creams. Can someone please tell me where I can buy edible glitter!!!!?

mumof2
02-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Can someone please tell me where I can buy edible glitter!!!!?

i want edible glitter too - i'm told it's available at our local cook shop (http://www.goodcookshop.com/p/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/5), or a craft shop maybe?

Claire
02-01-2009, 01:24 PM
We have a fab cook shop in Bournemouth but I refuse to pay 30p per 15 min for parking! There's another one in Wimborne that I could try ringing. Thanks mum!

mumof2
02-01-2009, 01:24 PM
We have a fab cook shop in Bournemouth but I refuse to pay 30p per 15 min for parking! There's another one in Wimborne that I could try ringing. Thanks mum!

good luck!

Dawn
02-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Can someone please tell me where I can buy edible glitter!!!!?

Willow eats any old glitter. Doesn't do her any harm. :D

Claire
02-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Willow eats any old glitter. Doesn't do her any harm. :DI think Brenda next door is slightly more fussy. I know this to be true because she won't eat fish flakes.

Dawn
02-01-2009, 01:51 PM
:Pffff:

Skywatcher
02-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Its lik ethe Battle of the Somme at work today :(

Deb
02-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Wow, it IS Friday! Well spotted Dawn! MP, I thought it was Sunday yesterday too!

No Disney shop anywhere near here so can't get a Pooh snowglobe. However just back from mini sales shopping expedition. Had only 2 hours free parking in M&S so stuck to my time. Returned 75 worth of sales stuff to M&S, and left with 92 of new sales stuff - oops!

Took back a snacky party pack of Toad in the Holes bought for NYE as the bag of gravy hadn't been sealed properly and had emptied allover the toads (and holes). The Sales Assistant frowned at me and informed me that "they were bought as part of the special Meal Deal". I agreed with her totally and showed her the receipt. She said that it was wrong that I should be able to get the full amount I paid for them and offered me a replacement (which are now half price as well as "eat by" today). I pointed out that not many people eat mini Toad in the Holes as a matter of routine unless it was a party-type scenario, and my partying for the festive season was done. She siad she just didn't know what to do as it just wasn't fair I get all my money back. I pointed out that it was hardly my fault that she wasn't aware of the returns policy for faulty Meal Deal items. I asked her if she just wanted me to take them back home and put them into my bin as she was having such a hard time working out what to do, but she eventually refunded the money, grumbling and complaining about the unfairness of it all till the very end :argue: So, I think we can safely say the season of good will has gone up in a puff of smoke.

Popped into Sainsburys for a loaf of bread and came out with my Mum's Mothers Day prezzies at 75% off, a half price microwave as mine went kaput a few weeks back, a Breville Panini toaster with 40% off as I've wanted one for a while. I remembered the bread too :thumbsup:

Dawn, re your bird feeders, I think you'll find that starlings are birds? :biggrin::exit:

MystikPiglit
02-01-2009, 01:59 PM

Oh dear. (Do you remember that battle well? :D )

. Returned 75 worth of sales stuff to M&S, and left with 92 of new sales stuff - oops!

:lol:

Dawn
02-01-2009, 02:00 PM
:butbutbut:

They scare all the other birds off. :(

Dawn
02-01-2009, 02:00 PM
My back garden looks like the Somme. With dog poo.

Dawn
02-01-2009, 02:07 PM
What will you put in your packed lunch? Make sure it's healthy!

Nothing beige. :D

Steven has a wrap, a piece of fruit, some chopped up veggies or salad bits, something like a bit of cheese or a few seafood sticks, and a couple of jaffa cakes so I'll probably have the same, minus the jaffa cakes because I don't mix orange and chocklit.

daveann
02-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Do we where ???? i really should get to know my area! does lakeland at castle point sell it? they have free parking!

Claire
02-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Daveann - Cook shop is on the crossing at the bottom end of Westover Road. Gorgeous but pricy! Lakeland! Forgot about them! Will it take the usual 29 hrs to get out of the carpark though?

Tink
02-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Yes. It is Friday. Kinda weird. I'm totally lost on the days of the week and have been since the Thursday BEFORE Christmas. :sigh:

I'm working today. Loads of emails and assistance requests to process. Presentations to prepare and trainings to get set... all in a day's work, eh?

Good Luck on your first day of work at the school, Dawn! I know you are looking forward to it.

Sorry that you are having such a day of it, Skywatcher. :hug2: Too many parties for your patients, eh? :(

Weather just went from sunny to gray. What's that all about? :eek:

Herself wants to venture to DTD tonight and see if she can find a particular Dumbo Christmas ornament. We'll see. There were huge sales prior to Christmas (I believe they are on until the 4th of this month) so I'm not expecting to be able to find much...

Can we have some silliness today? It's been a long haul over the Christmas holiday and I'm in serious need of good old Disney Secrets silliness. :yes:

Dawn
02-01-2009, 03:40 PM
For Tink...

:mental: :mental: :mental:

Tink
02-01-2009, 03:48 PM
LOL. I do love that little smilie person. :yes:

Dawn
02-01-2009, 03:56 PM
They're really cool when you do a line of them.

:mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:

Tink
02-01-2009, 04:07 PM
LOLOLOL!
That is a perfect depiction of how the Christmas week went for us. Oiy. :sigh:

Skywatcher
02-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Sorry that you are having such a day of it, Skywatcher. :hug2: Too many parties for your patients, eh? :(

nah we are in the middle of a flu epidemic - the government says no but not from where i'm standing

Tink
02-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Oh good heavens that's even worse. :(
So? How do doctors and staff keep from catching those epidemic "illnesses?" :unsure:

mumof2
02-01-2009, 04:16 PM
mine has been known to wear a mask.....:unsure:

Skywatcher
02-01-2009, 04:17 PM
I can hold my breath longer than most freedivers but the short answer is we get them as well - especially as most people insist on coughing all over you to show how ill they are

mumof2
02-01-2009, 04:18 PM
I can hold my breath longer than most freedivers but the short answer is we get them as well - especially as most people insist on coughing all over you to show how ill they are

ewww :nono:

Tink
02-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Sheesh! I guess it wouldn't go over too well if you dressed in isolation garb to see your patients? :wink: :hug1:

MystikPiglit
02-01-2009, 04:38 PM
That's why I never go to the doctor's, I don't want to catch anything. :eek:

Dawn
02-01-2009, 04:49 PM
When I did surgery reception I had a sore throat for about 4 months from patients speaking too close to me. :(

Ursula
02-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Willow eats any old glitter. Doesn't do her any harm. :D

OMG! Can you imagine my status as a kid with glittery dog poo sticks!

Britchick
02-01-2009, 05:56 PM

snap!

MystikPiglit
02-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I can hold my breath longer than most freedivers

Oh fiddlesticks.... I've just realised we missed a good reply to that one.... :lol:

Mark_W
02-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Great, another "I'm poorly" thread.........Have I told you all about Man Flu??

M

Claire
02-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Great, another "I'm poorly" thread.........Have I told you all about Man Flu??

M

I'm still not convinced it exists! ;)

mainecoon lover
02-01-2009, 07:02 PM
I keep thinking its monday as well. Cornelius went to be castrated today :eek3: poor lad. I always feel sorry for the poor doggies in the vets, they all shake :sad:. Tesco's was worse than before christmas :unsure:. Went back to get Cornelius only to be told he had a gum infection :unsure: and had lots of fleas :lipwobble: yet they were all deflead with frontline 3 weeks ago :unsure:. I was told i should always use the combi frontline and not just the ordinary frontline. We have not seen any on him or the others or around the house. So we had a nice bill for 101:sigh: thats on top of Frost's bill of 60 on monday for getting into a cat fight :nono:.
Oh well get to chill this weekend as Beth in respite, which has come at a good time as she has bad pmt :eek3:

josh.p.
02-01-2009, 07:26 PM
I've been to the trafford centre again. The highlight was playing with the macbooks. Everything else was a bit of battle

Taja
04-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Dawn, good luck with your new job on Monday! :fingers:

What are jaffa cakes? :unsure:

I worked all day Friday--got home around 8 p.m. :rolleyes:

mumof2
04-01-2009, 09:29 AM
urgh - the boys are back to school tomorrow! I think we could all do with another week off....not looking forward to getting them outta bed in the morning! :eek3:

good luck Dawn :hug2:

mainecoon lover
04-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Dawn, good luck with your new job on Monday! :fingers:

What are jaffa cakes? :unsure:

I worked all day Friday--got home around 8 p.m. :rolleyes:

Jaffa cakes are a biscuit (cookie). They are orange jelly on sponge and covered in plain dark chocolate. They are very yummy.