PDA

View Full Version : Coincidences?....

Ursula
02-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Do you have any?... Mine is this... It is a coincidence that my index finger is the same size as my nostril :D

mumof2
02-01-2009, 04:59 PM
mine is that my shoes fit on my feet! :yes:

my clothes, however, do not fit round my tummy!

Dawn
02-01-2009, 05:04 PM
My car key fits that little blue car outside.

Ursula
02-01-2009, 05:06 PM
My other index finger fits into my ear.....

mumof2
02-01-2009, 05:07 PM
my children were born.....then i lost the plot! Coincidence? :insane:

wdwgrandma
02-01-2009, 05:10 PM
My grandson and I share the same birthday!

My half sister and my second oldest grandson share my dad's birthday.

mumof2
02-01-2009, 05:11 PM
My grandson and I share the same birthday!

that's cool!

mumof2
02-01-2009, 05:15 PM
i've got one, i've got one!!

when we went to france last year to see our friends who we met through DS14 first school, we met a couple who live not far from us.

It turns out the man is the brother of the husband part of the friends we went to see, and not only that but we knew him briefly many many years ago when he was the boyfriend of a girl i worked with!

Ursula
02-01-2009, 05:18 PM
I was flipping through holiday brochures years ago... before tinternet... and I saw my neighbours sunning themselves by a pool in Spain!

mumof2
02-01-2009, 05:19 PM
I was flipping through holiday brochures years ago... before tinternet... and I saw my neighbours sunning themselves by a pool in Spain!

ooh ooh another one - when we were on our last night in Spain looking round the market we bumped into a family who live round the corner from us! :yes:

Claire
02-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Mine is all three of my children are a pain in the a**e! How spooky is that!

Tink
02-01-2009, 06:55 PM
I've never quite "believed" in coincidence? :unsure: I've always felt more like a coincidence is something that we are unable to explain, however it is something that was "meant to exist."

Yep. I know. I'm making waaaaaaay too much out of a simple thing. :sigh:

josh.p.
02-01-2009, 07:29 PM
My birthday is the day before steve irwins...
My sister's 21st will be my 18th...

Mine are really rubbish, can't think of any but I bet there are loads

Dawn
02-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Oooh I got one.

The person I sit next to at work used to work with the person I sat next to in a previous job.

Did that make sense? :unsure:

josh.p.
02-01-2009, 07:55 PM
that's a wierd one dawn!

One of my closest friends and I both moved from one school, to another school, at the same time... but we both didn't know that we where both moving. It was because we wheren't close at the time. I was in year 1 so would have been about 6.. we wheren't friends until we where about 9..

Team Harris
02-01-2009, 07:57 PM
We can beat that! :taunt:
In 2006 it seemed that where ever we went, so did another family from my school. It started in Hastings at Easter - went for a swim in the pool and there they were. :tongue:
Next came a trip to Paris, we visited DLP and took a ride in the cars up Main Street and there running along the sidewalk waving at us was this family. :tongue:
We had another short break in Gt Yarmouth and walking through the town we saw them again. :tongue:
The coincidences ended in July of that year when we went to PizzaHut to celebrate DS birthday, and sitting there celebrating their Mum's birthday was this family!!!!:wave:
Now that's weird!:yes:

mumof2
02-01-2009, 08:15 PM
i think they were following you! :yes:

Britchick
02-01-2009, 08:27 PM
i drank 2 mojitos and now i'm hammered!!! :yes:

mumof2
02-01-2009, 08:29 PM
i drank 2 mojitos and now i'm hammered!!! :yes:

whoa - now that really *is* spooky!

Ursula
02-01-2009, 11:46 PM
I've never quite "believed" in coincidence? :unsure: I've always felt more like a coincidence is something that we are unable to explain, however it is something that was "meant to exist."

Yep. I know. I'm making waaaaaaay too much out of a simple thing. :sigh:

Sooooooo my index finger is meant to fit up my nose then? :D I likey that idea!

Ursula
02-01-2009, 11:49 PM
We can beat that! :taunt:
In 2006 it seemed that where ever we went, so did another family from my school. It started in Hastings at Easter - went for a swim in the pool and there they were. :tongue:
Next came a trip to Paris, we visited DLP and took a ride in the cars up Main Street and there running along the sidewalk waving at us was this family. :tongue:
We had another short break in Gt Yarmouth and walking through the town we saw them again. :tongue:
The coincidences ended in July of that year when we went to PizzaHut to celebrate DS birthday, and sitting there celebrating their Mum's birthday was this family!!!!:wave:
Now that's weird!:yes:

No that's called stalkers! lol!

Ursula
02-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Ooh I got one.... My Mum and Dad had a radio and on a particular channel they were listening to they thought... That's weird this woman sounds familiar and the things she was saying.. well... would make your hair curl.... It dawned on them that they were listening to their neighbours telephone conversation!!!!!!! Unbeknowns to her she was chatting to her American lover (who was in America) while her DH was working away on an oil rig :( My parents were fascinated... lol... and tuned in once while I was there to have a listen.

josh.p.
03-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Crayola thats just too funny. I wonder what channel our phone operates on..

Ursula
03-01-2009, 12:07 AM
It was even funnier when we were all sitting around listening in and my brother disapperared.... we were so fascinated we didn't realise he had gone then we heard this woman say "Hang on there is someone at the door" We all looked around and realised where my brother had gone POSL.... he went and asked for a hammer of all things and we could hear it all... lol... then when he left we heard her say to her lover.... "Everyone has a hammer don't they?" well we fell about when he walked back in with this hammer. He took it back after about 20 mins and we heard her lover say "Has it got any blood on it?" Well you can imagine we were on the floor lol....

Tinker
03-01-2009, 01:09 AM
I was flipping through holiday brochures years ago... before tinternet... and I saw my neighbours sunning themselves by a pool in Spain! we're they dressed , uh bathing suits, strings :unsure:

ukwdwnut
03-01-2009, 01:14 AM
my children were born.....then i lost the plot! Coincidence? :insane:

what do you mean THEN you lost the plot :lol:

ukwdwnut
03-01-2009, 01:18 AM
i was born the day after my mums birthday and her sisters eldest was born the day after hers........my front two teeth cros realy slighty the same as my mums

1st trip to florida dens friends rn out from a crowd in IOD and jumped on her back lol then in 2002 mikey was walking round TL and bumped into his classmate

Ursula
03-01-2009, 04:40 AM
we're they dressed , uh bathing suits, strings :unsure:

Yep it was so long ago strings weren't invented then.:unsure:

Britchick
03-01-2009, 12:42 PM
i was born the day after my mums birthday and her sisters eldest was born the day after hers........my front two teeth cros realy slighty the same as my mums

do you have webbed toes? :unsure:

wdwgrandma
03-01-2009, 01:39 PM
My mom's twin brother (who was in the Navy and loved a good fight) was in a bar brawl. His opponent stepped on my uncle's ear and tore it. When he got home to Grandma's house, battered and covered in blood, Mom (who was visiting and was pregnant with my brother Bob) saw his torn ear. When my brother was born he had a "nick" in his ear in the same location where my uncle was hurt!

ukwdwnut
03-01-2009, 02:24 PM
do you have webbed toes? :unsure:

:taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt:

josh.p.
03-01-2009, 05:48 PM
I found one today!!!!! Someone who sits opposite me in work is also called Josh AND his birthday is the same day as mine!

Claire
03-01-2009, 05:54 PM
I found one today!!!!! Someone who sits opposite me in work is also called Josh AND his birthday is the same day as mine!

You've just reminded me of one! My brother's second wife was born on the exact same day as me. We later found out I was the eldest by only 40 minutes.

Britchick
03-01-2009, 06:07 PM
i worked with someone for about 10 months and she said i'd like to book my birthday as annual leave and it was the same day as mine, we now consider ourselves twins lol.