PDA

View Full Version : Woooooooohoooooo!

Tink
02-01-2009, 09:54 PM
And Weeeyyyyyyyyyy heyyyyyyyy!!!

Herself is online ordering additional memory for the Mac!!! :9: FINALLY we'll be able to do the upgrade and get the wireless router!!! :D :D

OK, so maybe it's not the most exciting thing in the universe, but I am pretty over the moon about it! :D :D :9: :9:

Claire
02-01-2009, 09:56 PM
You can get additional memory for Macs!!!!!??? How did I not know this! I keep getting a message telling me mine is chockablock! :9: I'm bouncing with ya Tink!

Tink
02-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Ayuh! You sure can!!! :yes: AND! You can put it in yourself. :yes:

According to what we've been told it's easy peasy. (But voids the warranty. :shrug: ).

Britchick
02-01-2009, 10:01 PM
if you're excited i'm excited woohooooooooooooo

Tink
02-01-2009, 10:05 PM
:9: :9: :D :D :hug2:

Claire
02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Well I need to get me some of that!

josh.p.
02-01-2009, 10:08 PM
You can get additional memory for Macs!!!!!??? How did I not know this! I keep getting a message telling me mine is chockablock! :9: I'm bouncing with ya Tink!
What mac do you have? it's really easy to install

Ayuh! You sure can!!! :yes: AND! You can put it in yourself. :yes:

According to what we've been told it's easy peasy. (But voids the warranty. :shrug: ).
Depending on which one it doesn't usually void the warranty. You are talking about RAM rather than HDD space?

Tinker
02-01-2009, 10:09 PM
what brit said :9: :9:

Claire
02-01-2009, 10:10 PM
What mac do you have? it's really easy to install

Depending on which one it doesn't usually void the warranty. You are talking about RAM rather than HDD space?

I have a white Macbook. It's this one here on my lap.

josh.p.
02-01-2009, 10:52 PM
You can get it cheap at a certain site... lemme find it... its something like crucial memory. But on most of the new macs its really really easy to upgrade the RAM without voiding waranty as they have a screw panel. Usually if you order additional ram with your mac they send it out without installing it for you, as its really that easy.

Tink
03-01-2009, 02:50 AM
Yes, it is crucial memory. We got our upgraded memory for $40!!! How cheap is that? The Mac place (not the Apple store, rather a certified Mac "repair" shop) wanted over $100 for the same thing!!! Plus, and extra bundle to put it in.

Nope. Thanks to some very good advice received here, we've saved tons of money and will be able to upgrade our OS to Leopard. Can't beat that with a stick. (On a five year old Mac)! :yes:

Gotta love those Macs. :D :D

ukwdwnut
03-01-2009, 03:08 AM
should really use an anti static wristband just walking across a carpet can built up 30000 volts in your body and that could kill the ram stone dead.....or just be very careful to earth yourself and or hold the module on the board edges and dont touch the chips on the board

ram is dirt cheap these days so there is no reason not to have loads of it :D

Tink
03-01-2009, 03:14 AM
You mean I shouldn't rub my feet and hands furiously over the carpet before installing the new memory? :D :D

Ummmm...don't scare me, ok Mick? :unsure: I'm already a little nervous about the whole 'open up the Mac' thing! :lipwobble:

ukwdwnut
03-01-2009, 03:19 AM
You mean I shouldn't rub my feet and hands furiously over the carpet before installing the new memory? :D :D

Ummmm...don't scare me, ok Mick? :unsure: I'm already a little nervous about the whole 'open up the Mac' thing! :lipwobble:

lol no dont do the carpet thing, your hair will stand up on end lol

ok take it out of the silver anti static bag holding it by the edges once the compartment flap has been removed....line up the notch on the ram with the vacant slot and push down gently until it clips in place...job done it really is that simple as long as you take precautions not touching the chips

Tink
03-01-2009, 03:21 AM
So no soda in one hand and memory in another, eh? :wink:

Thanks Mick. We'll be extremely careful. :yes:

ukwdwnut
03-01-2009, 03:22 AM
So no soda in one hand and memory in another, eh? :wink:

Thanks Mick. We'll be extremely careful. :yes:
god noooooooo lol

and dont drop it in the soda either hoping to make it slip in easier lol

Tink
03-01-2009, 03:24 AM
I was thinking of giving it a good coat of petroleum jelly... :D :D :D

ukwdwnut
03-01-2009, 03:33 AM

:lol:

Beccaberry
03-01-2009, 04:11 AM
I think that is absolutely bounce worthy....

:critterbounce: :critterbounce: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :critterbounce: :critterbounce:

keith
03-01-2009, 08:10 AM
YAYAYYA EXCELLENT news :D :wiggle:

Deb
03-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Hurrah!!! :bounce: I'm bouncing with ya woman!!

Now I have images of you standing there frozen holding the ram with your hair all sticking up Tom-and-Jerry style and electric thunderbolts going off around you! Make sure you wear full protective clothing, a safety helmet, a gas mask and have 2 medicial martinis beforehand. Oh and tie a rope around your middle so herself can pull you out of there if you get sucked into it in true "Poltergeist" style and are on the Mac screen saying "let me out!!" :unsure:

I think I should go walk the dog...

Skywatcher
03-01-2009, 08:43 AM

:mental:

post of the decade!

Deb
03-01-2009, 08:59 AM
:mental:

post of the decade!

Chris :slap:

Just thought that would help :)

Tink
03-01-2009, 12:16 PM
:laugh:

ukwdwnut
03-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Hurrah!!! :bounce: I'm bouncing with ya woman!!

Now I have images of you standing there frozen holding the ram with your hair all sticking up Tom-and-Jerry style and electric thunderbolts going off around you! Make sure you wear full protective clothing, a safety helmet, a gas mask and have 2 medicial martinis beforehand. Oh and tie a rope around your middle so herself can pull you out of there if you get sucked into it in true "Poltergeist" style and are on the Mac screen saying "let me out!!" :unsure:

I think I should go walk the dog...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dawn
03-01-2009, 01:07 PM
An excuse to use my second favourite smilie.

:geekon: :geekon: :geekon:

josh.p.
03-01-2009, 06:07 PM
YAYAYAY!! Leopard is ace.

Taja
03-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Woohoo! :D

I'll be thrilled when I can get DSL or broadband so my laptop can go wireless. :sigh:

Some day. Possibly as soon as April. The world eventually may remember that this area exists. :sigh:

Beccaberry
03-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Taja...you should get some sort of award...I honestly don't see how you do it!

josh.p.
04-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Who could keep away from us, though?!

Beccaberry
04-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Touche, Josh :wink: Touche....