PDA

View Full Version : Calling Wendy

mainecoon lover
03-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Were did you book your day room at MCO hun. Was it expensive. I think this is a great idea for Beth due to all her personnel care that she needs. I plan to check in at DTD with Virgin. Yes we are UC but for her dignity it would be great to have some were private to change her and give her all her meds. She can chill there as well.

mumof2
04-01-2009, 09:35 AM
That sounds like a great idea for Beth, Michelle :yes:

pigletpete
04-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Is this something where you can go during the day so you're not having to wait at the airport? Sounds excellent are there more details on the website?

buzzchamp
04-01-2009, 11:44 AM
I didnt know they did that. it sounds like a better idea than an executive lounge

Dorothy
04-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Just so you guys know Wendy had a touch of the flu while she was here and still wasn't feeling all that good when she left Florida. Add in some major jet lag and I'm willing to bet she is going to need a bit more time to recover.

I'm sure once she's feeling better she'll be on line and answer you question hun :yes:

Tink
04-01-2009, 01:14 PM
I can tell you this, that yes it is a hotel room at the Hyatt which is right there in the airport. It would be better than a lounge as it's completely private, eh?

I think, but please do wait for Wendy to confirm, that the cost was $89 or the like. But I don't know how many hours (or what hours in the day) that covers.

Dorothy
04-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Here is the link for the Hyatt inside of MCO http://orlandoairport.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Just pop in your dates and see what comes up for a room :D

Tink
04-01-2009, 01:41 PM
I've visited that site, and their reservation feature won't let you put in the same date for check in and check out. The feature will let you check rates for an overnight stay only, it seems. :unsure:

keith
04-01-2009, 01:42 PM
I've visited that site, and their reservation feature won't let you put in the same date for check in and check out. The feature will let you check rates for an overnight stay only, it seems. :unsure:

yeah :( tried it and overnight only so how did Wendy book!
WENNNNNNNNNNNNNNDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! we need you!

Tink
04-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Why it t'was magic, of course! :yes:

Dorothy
04-01-2009, 01:55 PM
yeah :( tried it and overnight only so how did Wendy book!
WENNNNNNNNNNNNNNDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! we need you!

Was it because of a flight delay maybe :unsure:

Tink
04-01-2009, 01:57 PM
No, Wendy did say she'd booked a day room so it can be done. It must be something you have to ask directly about? Or perhaps Wendy had a special offer of some sort.

She'll have to come along and tell us!

I know at a hotel in Honolulu we did the same thing for the last day we were there. Our ship docked at some unearthly morning hour, and our flights were not until much later that day so we had a day hotel room. Can't remember much about it, but it came in handy for some in our party. :yes:

mainecoon lover
04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks all. Hope Wendy is not to poorly :hug2:. I can not check a day rate as it will only do night rates. I am very willing to pay around $90 but only if we can have it till after 6pm as we have later flight coming back. No point having it just till 3pm. Plenty of time so will wait to hear from Wendy :thumbsup:

Beccaberry
05-01-2009, 01:13 AM
I found this info on TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d85380-r8355794-Hyatt_Regency_Orlando_International_Airport-Orlando_Florida.html)...it might be helpful until Wen can come along to give us more specific information...

"Fresh off a Disney Cruise, we had a whole day to kill as our flight didn't leave until 6:30 p.m. So, we booked a day room at the Orlando Hyatt. What a great idea!! It was $89 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (You have to call the property for this rate. The main Hyatt reservation system tried to charge us $109. Or you can just go there) Check in is a breeze with automated machines that spit out your room keys and a receipt. The room was comfortable and luxurious. The balcony faced inside of the airport's main terminal and was fun to watch travelers hurry off. We took naps, showered, had lunch in the airport and relaxed! There is a large bathroom with granite countertops. There was also a coffee pot and a refrigerator. Beds were very comfortable as well. There is also a rooftop pool but it was raining so we didn't use it. We would definitely recommend this hotel when traveling in Orlando."

Tink
05-01-2009, 02:53 AM
Great info! Thanks, Becca!!!

mainecoon lover
05-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks Bec great info :hug2:

keith
05-01-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm SO doing that for our next trip :yes:

MystikPiglit
05-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Great info, sounds really interesting. I'm going to consider doing that too.:thumbsup:

mainecoon lover
05-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm SO doing that for our next trip :yes:

Me too Keith. Wonder if i can book well in advance. I like to book everything well in advance :yes:

keith
05-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Me too Keith. Wonder if i can book well in advance. I like to book everything well in advance :yes:

yeah agreed... if you find anything before I do, let me know :)

mainecoon lover
05-01-2009, 02:41 PM
yeah agreed... if you find anything before I do, let me know :)

Will do.