PDA

View Full Version : Just in case yoi

Disneybumble
05-01-2009, 01:02 PM
OPPPs wrong title. Well after entertaining for two weeks i have returned to my secrets family. I am cream crackered. If anybody asks me for food or a drink , l will slap you hard on your christmas flab. It was Lilys 9th birthday yesterday so of course everybody came round AGAIN.
I am fed up of being polite and offering food and drink. Here are two shocking christmas facts
1) I got two bottles of Vodka for christmas ......................and they both remain unopened, But if you prod my stomach you can hear the EU wine mountain.
2) I told my MIL to "jog on". I don't think she will ever talk to me again.

PsychoAlice
05-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Good for you Siobhan! You can only take and give so much before you just snap! Welcome home..could you pass that bottle of vodka? I would like to help you open it...

Disneybumble
05-01-2009, 01:23 PM
You know PA l just couldn't take any more. So getcha your backside over here and let's do the bottle.:wiggle:

mumof2
05-01-2009, 01:27 PM
but why did you tell your MIL to jog on? :unsure:

I'm so happy you're back Siobhan :hug2:

foreverducky
05-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Welcome back. It's good that you survived the holiday season. :)

PsychoAlice
05-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Ill start swimmin sunshine...

Disneybumble
05-01-2009, 01:36 PM
but why did you tell your MIL to jog on? :unsure:

I'm so happy you're back Siobhan :hug2:

She was rude over christmas. Sat there and looked glum. Came at 1pm on xmas day and left at 6pm. We ate at 3 pm, and finished at about 5pm. Not grateful and you could tell she just wanted to go and see her controlling 85 year old BF. (Who hates family "read hates my mil having family" )
At about 2pm she said "Siobhan l asked for a coffee 20 mins ago. Of course me preparing a 3 course meal for 10 people i had all the time in the world. My Dh said Mum have a cold drink and i can get it for you as Siobhan is near the kettle etc. She said No i will wait until Siobhan has time.

I then drank a bottle of champange by myself in half an hour and then did something terrible to her starter. ............................... which i think l must never tell anybody.

PsychoAlice
05-01-2009, 01:41 PM
tell me tell me tell me tell me!!!

Deb
05-01-2009, 01:51 PM
LMAO!! I know it probably wasn't funny at the time....but good on you woman!!!!

There's only a few of us here....surely you can whisper....we won't tell....:thumbsup:

Disneybumble
05-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Ok................................................ ..................................

I spat in her smoked salmon starter ...............and then coughed over it

Will l go to the bad place.

mumof2
05-01-2009, 02:14 PM
I spat in her smoked salmon starter ...............and then coughed over it

Will l go to the bad place.

OMG!! did you *really* do that?! I thought you were gonna say you dropped in on the floor or something!

Claire
05-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Note to self - never cross Siobhan! :surrender:

mainecoon lover
05-01-2009, 02:26 PM
I told my MIL to "jog on". I don't think she will ever talk to me again.

Oh Siobhan i wish i were as brave as you. My mil think she can be waited on hand and foot :nono:. I know one day i will crack and look out then. She comes here 5 minutes before dinner is being dished up and then will leave within an hour of eating, without helping clear up. She runs a b&b and has been known to say on a few occasions after her last mouthful oh i have to go we have people coming :argue:. Very very rude, i would say to whom ever had invited me that i had to leave early. On dd birthday she was ordering the carer around to get her things. I did make a comment that she heard well and clearly :sigh:

Disneybumble
05-01-2009, 02:58 PM
OMG!! did you *really* do that?! I thought you were gonna say you dropped in on the floor or something!

I did yes, it's bad isn't it. I was so cross and ververyvery merry. I haven't told anybody else yet.

Note to self - never cross Siobhan! :surrender:

Not when I'm cooking at least.

mumof2
05-01-2009, 03:41 PM
I did yes, it's bad isn't it. I was so cross and ververyvery merry. I haven't told anybody else yet.

Don't worry - we won't tell her! :santa26:

Beccaberry
05-01-2009, 03:52 PM
DB, you're my new superhero :wink:

Ursula
05-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Laughing my socks off... sorry but that is funny. I once threatened to put mine thru the window if she carried on and yes I did mean it.... you can only take so much.

mumof2
05-01-2009, 03:57 PM
DB, you're my new superhero :wink:

and mine! i have to admit to being sorely tempted with people in the past, but i'd be too scared somebody would catch me red-handed!

Dawn
05-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Awesome!!! :laugh:

tb2830
05-01-2009, 05:22 PM
oh hun that is just soooooooooooooo funny :worship: now did you say u had vodka

lisaw
05-01-2009, 05:47 PM
WTG Siobhan :laugh:

Hopefully she gets the message now :hug2:

Britchick
05-01-2009, 09:15 PM
:point::point:

josh.p.
05-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Siobhan, you are like the most awesome person ever!!!!!! :yes::yes::yes:

PsychoAlice
05-01-2009, 11:16 PM
OMG girl that is totally funny! Good for you!

Tink
06-01-2009, 02:50 AM
Oh gosh, Siobhan, you and I can trade stories. :sigh: I'm so over company that I too could spit. :D :D Would that I had I'm thinkin'! :eek:

It wears you right out, doesn't it? Especially difficult when the adult "guests" are more demanding the the children. One of my 'company' is pregnant and she worked as hard as I did. Make me so angry to see others sitting there letting her wait on them hand and foot (and I don't necessarily mean her husband-he I could give the eye to and he'd have the decency to jump up and help her). :sigh:

I'm truly happy to have company. I LOVE to cook for folks and feed them! :yes: One of my absolute favorite things to do. I do not however, like to be treated like a maid, and have noses turned up at a full meal when they are reaching for peanut butter and bread. It's not like the meal was a surprise (nor the menu!).

Ach. I'm going to stop now. It's over and we've learned a lot. Seth and his Da, no problem. The rest of the lot? Brats all of 'em. :(