PDA

View Full Version : Less than a week

Dawn
14-01-2009, 05:29 PM
until the end of the Bush presidency.

The British nation is rejoicing. :thumbsup:

Mags
14-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Oooooohhh....controversial Dawn, but I think you are right. The UK isnt too keen. No personal opinion expressed though!

Margaret

UKTim
14-01-2009, 05:43 PM
It cant come soon enough. Shame he leaves the worldwide economy in disaster, half the world in the middle of an unncessary and unlawful war, worldwide environmental improvement agreements in disarray and everyone other than his white, straight, rich oil friends in a country that openly promotes and accepts discriminatory laws.

Still, it's a legacy isn't it? I know. Let's build him a library :wiggle: [better stock it with books full of pictures though]

Skywatcher
14-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Not just the UK I suspect - apologies if this offends anyone but I am very very relieved to see the back of his administration which has, I am afraid to say be very damaging for Americas standing on the world stage for many reasons

Dawn
14-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Still, it's a legacy isn't it? I know. Let's build him a library :wiggle: [better stock it with books full of pictures though]

He has a library. But he forgot to buy the url for it and someone bought it for a few dollars and sold it to him for thousands of percent in profit.

Kind of says it all really.

Britchick
14-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't think much of George Bush either and i have great hopes that Obama will be a great leader, sadly though i think he will turn out like every politician and 8 years from now we will be rejoicing the inaugauration of the newly elected republical president.

anyone want to bookmark this??? :lol:

Mark_W
14-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Not just the UK I suspect - apologies if this offends anyone but I am very very relieved to see the back of his administration which has, I am afraid to say be very damaging for Americas standing on the world stage for many reasons

I certainly don't want to cause any controversy about this but he was democratically voted in by the American people.....................Twice

Dawn
14-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I certainly don't want to cause any controversy about this but he was democratically voted in by the American people.....................Twice

First time he only got elected because his brother sold Florida down the river.

Second time...well who knows. :shrug1:

Dizneyblonde
14-01-2009, 06:40 PM
As long as the $ rate is better i really don't care!!!

Mags
14-01-2009, 06:43 PM

I like your post! :lol: Non controversial unless you are American and are travelling to the UK.

Margaret

Dizneyblonde
14-01-2009, 06:49 PM
I never get involved in political threads as i always say the wrong thing but it will be interesting to see what a difference it makes.

Johnie
14-01-2009, 07:15 PM
It cannot come soon enough for me! I think George W is a complete idiot and he has not taken ANY responsibility for the way he has left this country. I truly beleive he is just clueless as opposed to evil.

Britchick
14-01-2009, 07:16 PM

um Tony Blair????? :unsure:

unfortunately i think it will be just the opposite, i think that there will be confidence in his new administration prompting confidence in the dollar which will cause it to strenghten thus a lower rate for us. But what do i know? :unsure:

lisaw
14-01-2009, 07:22 PM
unfortunately i think it will be just the opposite, i think that there will be confidence in his new administration prompting confidence in the dollar which will cause it to strenghten thus a lower rate for us. But what do i know? :unsure:

Thats exactly whey said on the news this morning :sorry:

Britchick
14-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Thats exactly whey said on the news this morning :sorry:

really? i didn't see that! maybe i need to invest some money!!

keith
14-01-2009, 07:25 PM

or it could go the other way

If everyone expects great things and then they dont seem to be happening, it'll tank just as quickly

So we'll have to wait and see

Britchick
14-01-2009, 07:28 PM
or it could go the other way

If everyone expects great things and then they dont seem to be happening, it'll tank just as quickly

So we'll have to wait and see

in time for aug 2010???

did you see some economist or something said there was a glimmer of hope for the economy and she has been accused of being insensitive, can't possibly be positive about anything can we? :thumbsdown:

keith
14-01-2009, 07:32 PM
in time for aug 2010???

I'm betting the $ has already seen a strengthening effect from the president elect and it'll hover where it is, then within the first few months, unless he does something AMAZING, people will be ready to say "see! nothings changed" and it'll take a hit. Got to remember that when stocks, currencies etc. stay still, the brokers on the million a year bonusses don't make any money and since it's them that can make things go up and down, we can be sure they'll make sure it'll swing

did you see some economist or something said there was a glimmer of hope for the economy and she has been accused of being insensitive, can't possibly be positive about anything can we? :thumbsdown:

I didn't but I can completely believe it

josh.p.
14-01-2009, 10:00 PM
I wish I understood politics :(

UKTim
14-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I wish I understood politics :(

That could be a Bush quote!

josh.p.
14-01-2009, 10:40 PM
The only thing I undeerstand about political issues is that I hate war.

Disneybumble
15-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Unfortunately for the USA ( this is my own personal opinion ). Bush has left it in such a state that Obama will take a while to implement change that so badly needs to happen. I just hope people understand that he can't wave a wand and make all the bad mistakes Bush made disappear over night. So people give Obama a chance and don't start slating him after 3 months.

Skywatcher
15-01-2009, 12:52 PM

I am sure he has his supporters , and I am also sure that a lot of people in the US frankly don't care about the opinion of the world outside its borders - I was simply stating my own relief which I feel I am far from alone in feeeling

Tink
15-01-2009, 01:31 PM
I am one of those Americans in the 50 percent in the first election that did not vote for Bush, but had the misfortune to live in Florida, and in the second election was in the 49 percentile who tried yet again to oust the man from office. His machine was powerful, much like the moral majority fundamental christian machine is today.

I am not going to turn this into a treatise, simply going to say that President Elect Barack Obama has a monumental challenge before him, and not enough of the American people behind him. I cannot dislodge the behaviors, comments and frightening things I saw and heard the morning after the election in South Carolina. :(

The Bush led regime did much more damage than is immediately evident to casual observers. We'll leave it at that for now.

My wish is for President Obama to have a strong Congress and be able to right as much as any one person possibly can in the time he will be given to do it. I will help him as much as I can. Sound silly? It isn't. We've become politically active in our "old age" Herself and I, and will be sure that the White House hears the voices that have been ignored for 8 years, plus.

So, hope for the future, with trepidation for how it will be achieved.

Roll on January 20th!

Dawn
15-01-2009, 03:39 PM
In terms of actual achievement I will argue that history will be kinder to Richard M Nixon than it will to George W Bush.

Tinker
15-01-2009, 03:50 PM
President Bush has left Obama with a very hard job at hand . By the end of the year ... I pray things will be looking up .

Claire
15-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Just to confirm I am totally shallow - I find Obama so much more pleasing on the eye than Bush!

I will now leave the thread to you more mature members! :D

Britchick
15-01-2009, 06:49 PM
I will now leave the thread to you more mature members! :D

who would that be then?

Dizneyblonde
15-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Not me for sure!

Tink
15-01-2009, 07:30 PM
LOL! Indeed! Maturity is for the birds, and hair. :D :D

Taja
15-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't think too many people--within or outside the US--will be sad to see George W leave office.

As others have said, Obama has a number of--ummmmm...let's be polite--messes to clean up. It won't be pretty and it will take time, but if we can get everyone to think of the country instead of personal (or state, political party, etc.) gain, we will claw our way out of said messes. Let's just hope the politicians get the message!

Edited to add:

That doesn't mean everything Obama proposes should be rubber stamped. Just that there needs to be thoughtful consideration, planning and positive suggestions.