PDA

View Full Version : Did you know....

Johnie
15-01-2009, 03:13 AM
that it is 1.3 miles around the World Showcase in Epcot?

foreverducky
15-01-2009, 03:23 AM
No wonder I'm tired after walking around it. :D

PsychoAlice
15-01-2009, 03:25 AM
And it seems so long when you walk to morrocco only to be told that someone is going back to the hotel once you get there for you to turn around and go to Mexico is a very angry walk...

lisaw
15-01-2009, 11:39 AM
That is why I am quite happy to stop in Norway for a school bread :lol:

Mags
15-01-2009, 01:00 PM
It feels like it too. Nice piece of information. :yes:

Margaret

Tink
15-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Yes, I actually knew that. :D From the Boardwalk Inn's parking lot closest to the main road, once around the WS back to the parking lot is three miles. Nice exercise!!!

Many folks walk the WS for the exercise alone. When you start doing it on a regular basis you see the regulars. They (we) are the ones who keep to the lagoon side and march right along. :D :D

lisaw
15-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Yes, I actually knew that. :D From the Boardwalk Inn's parking lot closest to the main road, once around the WS back to the parking lot is three miles. Nice exercise!!!

Many folks walk the WS for the exercise alone. When you start doing it on a regular basis you see the regulars. They (we) are the ones who keep to the lagoon side and march right along. :D :D

Sounds like my idea of fun exercise :yes:

Tink
15-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Problem is, there are all those Mickey Bars, Popcorn stands and frozen mocha latte kiosks to negotiate! :lol: :eek:

lisaw
15-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Problem is, there are all those Mickey Bars, Popcorn stands and frozen mocha latte kiosks to negotiate! :lol: :eek:

Very true :lol:

Johnie
15-01-2009, 03:37 PM

I imagine it's even worse during the Food and Wine Festival!

Tinker
15-01-2009, 03:40 PM
No wonder I lose weight while at WDW .

Beccaberry
18-01-2009, 02:10 AM
No wonder I don't!! LOL!!

Britchick
18-01-2009, 10:30 AM
i always come out even weight at WDW, i don't eat that much because it's usually hot and the walking compensates i guess. I still don't get these people that go around the WS in high heels :unsure:

PsychoAlice
18-01-2009, 03:34 PM
LOL...you need to visit Bad Shoe (http://badshoe.com/Heals.htm)

Britchick
18-01-2009, 04:06 PM
LOL...you need to visit Bad Shoe (http://badshoe.com/Heals.htm)

lol

foreverducky
18-01-2009, 05:00 PM
I would never, ever, ever walk around in high heels at WDW.

Tink
19-01-2009, 03:13 AM
We did two trips around the WS today. We did sit and people watch at the end of our last time around. The shoes always amaze us. Not only were there high heels to be seen today, but high heeled boots! LOL. It's not that cold, honest!!

There was a woman there who had pants on that were so tight she could really put one foot in front of the other. She had to do this weird walk with her hips kind of moving her feet to the sides. I can't imagine wearing anything as tight as she had on. If she had tried to take a true stride she'd have ripped the crotch right out of those pants. Amazing. :lol:

BigThunder
19-01-2009, 03:20 AM
I saw some really bizarre shoes this past trip. First of all it was freezing & I saw flip flops like you wouldn't believe. My tootsies would have frozen! And the skinny stilleto heels. Why? I mean seriously, why on earth to a theme park? Who are you trying to impress? And while on the subject, wtf is up with furry boots & shorts? Who invented this most retarded look?? I saw a ton of that going on & giggled every time I did. I couldn't help it.

Britchick
19-01-2009, 07:17 PM
now i can walk in high heeled boots, i think it's the better foot support they offer.

foreverducky
19-01-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm confused by the people who wear a sweatshirt and shorts?! It just doesn't make sense.

Tink
19-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I know. Sweatshirt and shorts, or a previously said, the winter boots and shorts. :unsure:

Oh, and while we're on the topic of fashion, when did "hot pants" come back into vogue? :unsure: I saw a small group of young women Friday evening leaving a restaurant (they were servers there but had changed to "go out" before leaving the restaurant) for a night out. They were all dressed in wicked short painted on shorts, with skimpy blouses. Honestly, for a second I thought they were...well, strollers ya' know? :sorry: :spring:

Not to mention it was about 40 degrees outside! :eek:

foreverducky
19-01-2009, 08:58 PM
I guess the same time that leggings came back! I believe they are going with the motto...if you got it, flaunt it. Unfortunately, they have not learned that clothing can be sexier than no clothing.

Britchick
19-01-2009, 09:01 PM
i shudder at the clothing sometimes, do these ladies not realise that it is more attractive to leave things to the imagination. Gosh i feel old:unsure:

Tink
19-01-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm going to say this. :sorry: Much of what is exposed today would be better left covered! :eek: I've never seen so many flabby bellies and other bits on very young women! OK. That sounds very judgmental and I don't mean it to. Essentially, I don't think anyone needs to be showing their bellies unless they are on the beach, but many of them really should think twice about flaunting what they have.

Ugh. Shove over there, Brit. I'm older than you by a mile so I get first choice of cranky old woman seats! :lol:

Taja
19-01-2009, 11:23 PM
I saw some really bizarre shoes this past trip. First of all it was freezing & I saw flip flops like you wouldn't believe. My tootsies would have frozen! And the skinny stilleto heels. Why? I mean seriously, why on earth to a theme park? Who are you trying to impress? And while on the subject, wtf is up with furry boots & shorts? Who invented this most retarded look?? I saw a ton of that going on & giggled every time I did. I couldn't help it.

A young lady where I contracted some work a couple of years ago used to wear a beautiful sleeveless dress--with fur topped boots! Even in the summer! :eek:

I have worn heels at Disneyland and never given it a second thought. They were chunky 2-inch heels, though. And I was much younger. I lived in heels at the time--I think I owned one pair of sneakers and one pair of flat sandals! :lol:

PsychoAlice
20-01-2009, 12:38 AM
I wear shorts and a swestshirt....

Tink
20-01-2009, 03:12 AM
Why? :unsure: Does your upper body get cold and your legs stay hot? :unsure:

PsychoAlice
20-01-2009, 05:36 AM
I dont know...maybe its a So Cal thing...we all do it...maybe its the dry air that doesnt something different

Skywatcher
20-01-2009, 08:12 AM
I always come away from WDW feeling pretty trim TBH - we did a trip report ( well half a TR) once where we took a pedometer and we were walking between 10 -15 miles a day

lisaw
20-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I went to a theme park once with a girl I didn't know that well and she turned up in tight skirt, shoulder pads and stillettos (this would have been the very early 90's).

I can't begin to tell you how funny it was seeing her get on and off the log flume :laugh:

minnie-me
20-01-2009, 12:13 PM
I went to a theme park once with a girl I didn't know that well and she turned up in tight skirt, shoulder pads and stillettos (this would have been the very early 90's).

I can't begin to tell you how funny it was seeing her get on and off the log flume :laugh:

that is so funny!!!

I don't think I even own a pair of heels now - with having 2 kids just can't wear them anymore without getting bad back!!

It does amaze me the fashions that people wear - but each to their own - I'm just glad I've never had the body to follow the latest fashion trend :tongue:

BigThunder
20-01-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm confused by the people who wear a sweatshirt and shorts?! It just doesn't make sense.

haha, have to admit, back in my younger days i've been guilty of this one ;)

BigThunder
20-01-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm going to say this. :sorry: Much of what is exposed today would be better left covered! :eek: I've never seen so many flabby bellies and other bits on very young women! OK. That sounds very judgmental and I don't mean it to. Essentially, I don't think anyone needs to be showing their bellies unless they are on the beach, but many of them really should think twice about flaunting what they have.

I agree Tink. I see so many girls that are not fat at all but they have these super low rise, 2 sizes too small jeans on & so they get the muffin top. If they only wore clothes that fit them they would look so much better. and the bigger girls, I mean, maybe I should admire them for not feeling ashamed & still wearing the low low pants with the skin tight too short tops but I just cringe & feel embarressed for them. How could anyone who loves these people let them out of the house! But then again, y'all should see how i dress as I am by far not winning any fashion awards :) And come to think of it, I think the pic i have posted on my posts of me & the family I am wearing shorts & a jacket :D

LMAO!! yep! 3 out of 4 of us have the cold top/hot bottom look going on!!

wdwgrandma
21-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Do they not look in a mirror before leaving the house?

Johnie
21-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Well when I am Queen of the World, everyone is being issued a full length mirror and will be required to use it :yes:

I don't get the shorts and sweatshirt thing either. People around here do that a lot.

And yes, there are lots of girls who would not look fat if they wore the appropriate size clothing. I don't understand how anyone can be comfortable like that?

MystikPiglit
21-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Well when I am Queen of the World, everyone is being issued a full length mirror and will be required to use it :yes:

:lol: I'm with you on that! :thumbsup: