PDA

View Full Version : I just want to stop hurting....

PsychoAlice
16-01-2009, 12:43 AM
So there is a little back story

Back when I was a little lass, fresh and new to this world I had my left leg on backwards. I had braces they were little shoes with bars in between my feet to straighten my leg out. SURPRISE! It worked. I dont walk funny and honestly unless I told you about it you would never know.....I had those braces for years. Learned to crawl, climb and walk with those things on.

Fast forward 19 years. I was starting to have considerable pain in my left knee (remember the cosmetic was fixed, my bones are pretty much twisted all the way up), I went to the Dr (who has been my Dr now on and off for the last 16 years and he just retired) and he had advised me that all girls are knock knee'd but only between 0 and 6 degrees (from where your femur and tibia connect) I was at 16 degrees. Lots of physical therapy getting my thigh muscles strong enough to support the problem.

Now at the age of 35 I am at 21 degrees..yes it is slowly getting worse.

Well during Christmas I could hardly get out of bed. I hurt so much. My back, my hips, my knees and my ankles and even sometimes my toes. I just want to die. I very rarely sleep in my bed (on the couch) because of the fact I dont want to go down the stairs to do it. I cant lay on my sides because it hurts my hips. I cant lay on my stomach or back because it hyper extends my knees. Ive been this way now since. Hard headed about going to the Drs.

I called the Dr's finally on Monday and they cant get me in until tomorrow. Here is a script for Percaset. I hate taking pills. I hate taking narcotics. After I had a c-section with my daughter, appendix surgery and kidney stones I too 800 MG of Motrin. I just cant focus on the heavy stuff but I have got to get rid of this pain!

Im 35 years old. I should not feel like this. I hurt from my toes to mid back. Chiropractors wonder how I walk (duh one foot in front of the other?) and they can do nothing for me. It sometimes hurts to put my hands on my hips, its just that sensitive.

So here I am under a heating pad, percs in hand.

Tomorrow can not get here fast enough.

Johnie
16-01-2009, 02:01 AM
Mom had braces on her legs when she was a little girl too. The dr who delivered her was drunk :thumbsdown: and somehoe pushed her legs up and did some sort of damage. She has arthritis. I remember she would lie in bed and cry when I was little. I truly have no idea how she made it through the Marine Corps. She gets therapeutic massages on her knees now. She says they help a lot. She and dad also bought a hot tub a few years ago and that helps some too. Then dad has all those issues with his back (was in a motorcycle wreck in the 60's) and the sciatica. He is always in pain. Not a good way to feel that is for sure.

:hug2: I hope you feel better. Is there anything they can do for you?

I don't like taking narcotics either. I'm always afraid I'm going to get addicted or if I use them all up and then really need them, the dr won't refill it. Also Percocet makes me itch.

ukwdwnut
16-01-2009, 04:00 AM
awwwwwwwww hun im soooooo sorry to hear your in so much pain, how the heck do you get about around wdw like that or is it just on off pain

when i was an apprentice carpenter i fell thru the ceiling in a brand new house i was working in levelling a bedroom froor, the owner was watching tv on the sofa downstairs and i covered her in plasterboard, lol funny i know lol but i caught one lege over a joist. after that never thought anything about it then all of a sudden i was in excruciating pain, i suffered on and of for about ten years lil old ladies used to zoom past me walking when it hit me it was that bad. drs just said rub this cream in your leg and it should be okm yeah right i thought its not in my flippin leg you daft ol quack lol......then just after i got married i went to a chiropractor and she identified the problem in 10 minutes, i'd had a twisted pelvis all these years and she cured me in 10 sessions, thats a dr failed to do in over 10yrs grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

PsychoAlice
16-01-2009, 04:12 AM
If I could cut my legs off at the hip joints I would feel so much better..but I think the D.I.Y. kit is right next to the home hysterectomy kit..now I just gotta find that store...

PsychoAlice
16-01-2009, 04:13 AM
Oh how did I get around WDW? With LOTS AND LOTS of ibuprofen. Im used to a bit of pain..its just gotten worse since Christmas

ukwdwnut
16-01-2009, 04:20 AM
If I could cut my legs off at the hip joints I would feel so much better..but I think the D.I.Y. kit is right next to the home hysterectomy kit..now I just gotta find that store...

come here i have a reeeeeeeeeeally good toolbag :lol:

PsychoAlice
16-01-2009, 04:33 AM
Youre not a Dr but you play one on TV? Dont we have a Dr around here somewhere?

ukwdwnut
16-01-2009, 04:43 AM
Youre not a Dr but you play one on TV? Dont we have a Dr around here somewhere?

do i!!!! hmmmmmm i didnt know that

yeah we do but not this time of the morning lol

PsychoAlice
16-01-2009, 04:47 AM
Doesnt he have an emergeny number?

I am an emergency!

ukwdwnut
16-01-2009, 04:53 AM
you could ring our free nhs direct number ;)

mumof2
16-01-2009, 11:35 AM
OMG how awful for you :hug2:

I know what you mean about taking pills but sometimes you just *have* to to ease the pain. I hope your Doctor can do something for you. :hug2:

SleepinCatz
16-01-2009, 01:53 PM
horse liniment....it will give you some relief.

Shellyamc
16-01-2009, 02:20 PM
:hug2: I hope tomorrow comes fast and I really hope that there is something they can do for you. This isn't any way to live :(

I think I will go and find some really hot guy who can't speak to rub lotion on your legs. :yes: That might ease the pain a bit.

Tink
16-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Well you do live rather close to Rome, shelly! :wink: :D :D

PsychoAlice
16-01-2009, 02:51 PM
horse liniment....it will give you some relief.
How about a horse tranquilizer?

uscwest
16-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Sarah, sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope they can do something for you.

Shellyamc
16-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Well you do live rather close to Rome, shelly! :wink: :D :D

:lol:

PsychoAlice
16-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Well Ill be spending Valentines day the way any single girl should medicated on muscle relaxers and pain medication.

I start steroid injections on Feb 13th..oye

ukwdwnut
16-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Well Ill be spending Valentines day the way any single girl should medicated on muscle relaxers and pain medication.

I start steroid injections on Feb 13th..oye

so as per our chat earlier what did the doc say sarah?

Jazmine
16-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Aww hon i hope the pain goes away real soon,:hug2: glad you finally went to the docs :hug2:
Jacqui xxxx

mainecoon lover
16-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Aww hun, pain is not nice nice. Have you tried a tens machine. When Beth has had a lot of pain in the past in her joints and bones the doctors have said their is little pain relief that would tackle it. She was on morphine for a while but that did nothing. She had a steroid injection into the hip joint in the end and thankfully this helped her lots. Do you get muscle spasma's Beth is on baclofen for this.

lisaw
16-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Hope the medication is successful Sarah :hug2:

SleepinCatz
16-01-2009, 08:42 PM
whoosh...lady I hate to hear that...but I am serious...horse liniment has brought me down to a dull ache when I cannot even stand up.

PsychoAlice
17-01-2009, 12:34 AM
I was stretched 12 ways from Sunday...Really I dont wanna bend like that without a kiss first please...

Dr said that I have to have steroid injects for the next year before anyone will even think about talking to me about surgery...

ukwdwnut
17-01-2009, 03:45 AM
I was stretched 12 ways from Sunday...Really I dont wanna bend like that without a kiss first please...

Dr said that I have to have steroid injects for the next year before anyone will even think about talking to me about surgery...

omg that 1st line made me laugh :lol:

seriously tho, give it time and see how it goes and will keep :fingers: it relieves some pain for you sarah :hug2::hug2::hug2:

PsychoAlice
17-01-2009, 03:54 AM
Im still awake...Ive taken a half of a pain releaver and a half of a muscle relaxer..the edge off the pain has subsided..but I want to sleep...

ukwdwnut
17-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Im still awake...Ive taken a half of a pain releaver and a half of a muscle relaxer..the edge off the pain has subsided..but I want to sleep...

well thats something......so go sleep then, dont fight it :)

mumof2
17-01-2009, 11:57 AM
aww hun, i'm pleased you've got some help - fingers crossed you start to feel a little better :hug2:

PsychoAlice
17-01-2009, 01:07 PM
wasnt fighting it..

Im awake at 6am...here I had the chance to sleep in this morning and not have to take anyone anywhere this morning cause my son stayed at a friends who is going with him to work out with the Marines this morning.

His alarm went off and I went running to turn it off...so now Im waiting to start hurting again

damn kids...

Tinker
17-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Awwwww, Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain . Pain medications have the opposite effect on me . They keep me up .
Vicadin gives me migraines . They gave it to me for migraines and I ended up with a worse one .
My girlfriend, that is 50, had back surgery . She had complications and was rushed back in . But the problem was never fixed . She has cauda equina syndrome which should have been taken care of 48 hours after the initial surgery . Now, it is permanent . She has one hell of a lawsuit . But who cares when you feel nothing from the waist down .
She will wear diapers the rest of her life and eventually be in a wheelchair .
Do Not let them talk you into surgery , Sarah . :hug2:

Taja
17-01-2009, 03:15 PM
:hug2:

Hope you're able to at least take the edge off the pain, Sarah. And I really, really hope the steroids are beneficial for you. :hug2:

PsychoAlice
17-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Do Not let them talk you into surgery , Sarah . :hug2:

Mine would not be back surgery. Mine would be a hip and knee replacement...and Im too young to have it done now...even though it would make me feel so much better..

Tinker
17-01-2009, 08:29 PM
I hope you find relief , sweetie . :hug2:

Deb
17-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Oh Sarah, I really hope your pain is eased. That all sounds horrific :(

Just interested cos I don't understand, why are you too young to have that surgery hun?

Mags
17-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Mine would not be back surgery. Mine would be a hip and knee replacement...and Im too young to have it done now...even though it would make me feel so much better..

Awe, Im so sorry you are going through all this. I hope you find some relief from your pain. Take care xx

Margaret

Ilovesnowwhitej
17-01-2009, 09:58 PM
HI hun

You dont seem the type of girl to be saying your in pain if it was not hiddious, so get back to that doctor and keep bugging him until you get your operation, if you dont keep telling him its still painfull he will think you are ok.

I hope the injections help and give you some pain relief.
xx

PsychoAlice
17-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Oh Sarah, I really hope your pain is eased. That all sounds horrific :(

Just interested cos I don't understand, why are you too young to have that surgery hun?

Why?

Because I would need another set when I will be 55-60...

They just want me to keep the crappy ones I was born with....

*Bambi-Belle*
18-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Why?

Because I would need another set when I will be 55-60...

They just want me to keep the crappy ones I was born with....

I really hope the steroids work and fingers crossed the Doctors come up with some sort of cure.

My sister had an op 2 years ago where they scraped the socket of the hip joints to try and give her less pain and more movement. One side worked but the other didn't so they ended up giving her a replacement. She was 36 at the time. She does have more movement now and is walking without a stick. They did say she will need it done again in the future though.

PsychoAlice
18-01-2009, 01:39 AM
That is actually a new procedure...Ive been looking into that!

ukwdwnut
21-01-2009, 04:32 PM
how is it going with the steroids sarah any better, has the pain eased any yet?

mainecoon lover
21-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Hope you are getting soem relief from the pain hun :hug2:

PsychoAlice
22-01-2009, 04:28 AM
I dont get my first set of injections until the 13th..

*Bambi-Belle*
22-01-2009, 01:55 PM
I dont get my first set of injections until the 13th..

I was speaking to my sister the other day and she said that the socket scraping one was the best now she has had time to recover. Itís been nearly 2 years since she had it done.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
The hip that did respond to the op has the most movement she has had in years; she only wishes it had been successful on both sides, as the side that she got the full replacement still has a stiff limited movement. She said no matter what you end up getting the pain relief from both operations are completely worth it. She did however say that itís not a quick fix as she is only feeling the full benefits now. She said the road to recovery after the ops is a long one.
<o:p> </o:p>
She has been through the mill though. She also needed to have a hysterectomy and hernia op last year only 7 months after her hip operations.
<o:p> </o:p>
I really hope the injections do the trick and you donít need anything else. Fingers crossed.