View Full Version : A rocking, Christmas adventure in the Wilderness - Day 7

17-01-2009, 06:15 PM
A rocking, Christmas adventure in the Wilderness - Day 7

Me – Loves all things Disney, also loves planning and writing lists.
DH – Loves all things Disney. Hates planning and loathes my lists lol.
DS1 – Luuuuuuvs big coasters, Goofy, Swimming and all things Star wars.
DS2 – Is glad he is finally tall enough to get on some cool coasters. Loves all things Disney, loves my lists and is my planning buddy.

Day 7 Universal Studios and The Hard Rock Hotel.

DH ran to roaring forks for our breakfast as I packed our overnight bags because today is the day we head to the Hard Rock Hotel. Last year we stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort and quite liked it but thought we would treat ourselves with a night here since its Christmas and all that.

This place isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but we loved it. Anyone who has been to Disneyworld during the Christmas period will understand when I say that no matter how much you love Christmas music and I really do, it does begin to grate when you hear it 24/7. This is coming from the person who digs out their Christmas playlists in early November.:tongue:

We were greeted by the Killers singing Smile as you Mean It, WOOT!!!!!!! music to our ears. Then some AC/DC and so on, I’m sure you get the picture lol

Our room wasn’t ready so off to Universal studios we go. It really is a lovely wee walk from the hotel to the park.

We ride.
The Mummy
The Simpsons
We watch a Scooby do show thing then have photos with Scooby and Shaggy who were great fun.

Then the kids play at the curious George place and got soaked.

After that we stand for a very long time, in a very long queue for lunch at Mel’s Diner, the fries were dripping with grease also the burgers were raw and cold. It was vile so we binned it. Ewwww!

Next we did
Men in black – DH won – Boo!!!! lol

Then it was time for the Macy’s day parade. This was a fab jazzy parade. The kids were given candy.

It was now time to do
The Mummy again
The Terminator
Jaws Haha I’m still scared on this ride. It’s even scarier in the dark.

More to come......

17-01-2009, 06:18 PM
It was now time to head back to the hotel to see if our room was ready and freshen up for our ADR at the Hard rock café. The pull of the pool got to the kids and they asked if we could just go to the pool instead. To be honest no one was overly hungry after our disastrous lunch.

This was one of the best choices we made as we practically had the pool to ourselves as the parks were open late. You really can hear the music when you put your head under the water. lol Also there was a lovely young man on the deck playing his acoustic guitar serenading us with music from the likes of Oasis and Green day, very good he was too. At about 10pm when we were ready to come out the pool it was beginning to fill up a bit more. We headed up to bed watched a wee bit tv, ate our cookies, drank our milk lol and then fell fast asleep.

I can’t remember what we did end up having to eat proper that night, it was just junk I think.
This day didn’t go to plan, but as you can probably tell by now ours never do heeheehee

We always end up having a good time though.:thumbsup:

Thanks for reading xxxxxxxx

17-01-2009, 06:19 PM
HRH is wicked and the tree looks fab!

17-01-2009, 06:29 PM
That room looks great! Shame about the meal at Mel's - we have had a bad meal there once as well :(

17-01-2009, 07:35 PM
now you've got me thinking again- the room is big- was it a regular one?

17-01-2009, 07:53 PM

Yup just a regular one as far as I know, It really was huge.

We will be going back for longer next time fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

18-01-2009, 12:48 AM
That room looks great! Shame about the meal at Mel's - we have had a bad meal there once as well :(

It really was vile.:blech: My DS1 will eat anything put in front of him but even he couldn't eat it.

21-01-2009, 10:37 AM

Julie, I was speaking to my hubby on the phone last night. We were talking about how fab our holiday had been. He said weren’t we lucky getting two upgrades for free when I asked what he meant by two he said the hard rock hotel one.:confused:

So what I thought was a regular room was actually a deluxe Queen. I thought I should say just in case you booked it based on my photos. He did say he told me at the time but I was probably not listening lol:embarassed::laugh:

24-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Great start to your holiday :yes: Loving the photos :thumbsup: