PDA

View Full Version : Give me your views on this for Beth's Birthday

mainecoon lover
24-01-2009, 12:03 PM
As you all know our holiday is for Bethany's 18th birthday (i really can not believe she is 18 this year, well apart from the teenage strops :lol:). Now i will not be doing any real planning at all as we will go with what ever Beth is up to on the day. We will mainly eat out of the parks especially now the $ is low to the . I do want to plan Beths actual birthday and it will definetly be in the Magic Kingdom as its her favourite park :yes:. I did think about doing MVMC but have decided not to now. So this is what i am thinking.
Breakfast at Crystal Palace and all day in MK and then dinner at Ohanas. The thing is i would really like a fuss to be made of her as she loves her birthday more than christmas. Any ideas please say.

mainecoon lover
24-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Any one talking to me :unsure:

Do you think Cape may for dinner or ohanas ?

Dawn
24-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Breakfast at CP would be awesome. Tell them about the birthday when you book it and let your server know too. You can order a special cake in advance too.

Dinner - I've never eaten at either of those so not sure on that one. Though if it was my choice I would go with Cape May as I like seafood. :D But I think Ohana may be the better option for you with Beth.

mainecoon lover
24-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Breakfast at CP would be awesome. Tell them about the birthday when you book it and let your server know too. You can order a special cake in advance too.

Dinner - I've never eaten at either of those so not sure on that one. Though if it was my choice I would go with Cape May as I like seafood. :D But I think Ohana may be the better option for you with Beth.

Thanks, Beth loves seafood and will happly sit and eat a plate of prawns, lobster and scollaps. Is it easy to get to from MK. I know the Poly is.

Wendy
24-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Crystal Palace can get pretty manic at times and I think it's gone downhill :( would she prefer 1900 Park Fare it always seems more "special" to me as well, especially as the characters can talk to people. It's also in the Grand Floridian so it's not far from the MK.

I'm a little bit against CP because of our last visit so I'm probably not the best person to comment. We went to CP for dinner and we didn't enjoy it all all, we have been before and it was great. This time the service was poor, the servers seemed to have no control over anything and even the characters seemed fed up. Pooh came over at the same time as Tigger, whilst Pooh was having a photo taken with Livvy, Tigger signed the book and moved on :nono: I called him back for a photo - I don't think he was impressed, he would only "pose" for one :(

Chris was also very sick within 2 hours of coming home :( The rest of us were OK, the only thing he had different to us was the salmon and turkey. We can't say for definite that it was food poisoning, but he was fine before we went :shrug:

Ohanas is brilliant :D We really enjoyed it, they have the peel and eat shrimps but there is a lot of meat, so if Beth isn't that keen on too much meat it may not be ideal. I also think you will find a fuss will be made of her here as well. They play a game and I know Beth won't be able to take part, but she might have fun watching.

Johnie goes to Ohanas on a regular basis so she will be able to explain it better than I can.

Dawn
24-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Beach Club is one of the Epcot resorts. If you don't have a car then it's the monorail from the MK to the TTC. Then you can bus to the Beach Club. Or catch the Epcot monorail and walk through the park and out the International Gateway and it's a 10 minute stroll from there. Unless you're like me and immediately forget Tink's precise directions and end up in the hot tub area. :lol:

Wendy
24-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks, Beth loves seafood and will happly sit and eat a plate of prawns, lobster and scollaps. Is it easy to get to from MK. I know the Poly is.

Cape May is over at the Beach Club so it's not as close or easy as the Poly. You would have to drive to the resort and then do valet parking.

mainecoon lover
24-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks both. We do have a car but believe me getting a wheelchair in and out and strapping down can be quite time consuming so would like to park up and then travel on the monrail to hotel.
Thats a shame about CP. Beth is not into carachters at all so quite happy to eat without them. Its all about the food and atmosphere. Do Poly do breakfast.

Johnie
24-01-2009, 07:58 PM
There is a breakfast at 'Ohana. It is served family style and Lilo and Stitch are there. I think Mickey and Pluto were there as well. It's very laid back.

I LOVE dinner at 'Ohana. It is one of our favorite places. It can be loud and chaotic since they have hula hoop contests and coconut races for the kids. We love it though.

I think Disney does a great job celebrating birthdays. Just let them know when you book the restaurant. You can also order a cake to be delivered to the restaurant as well.

I like the food at Cape May for breakfast and dinner. The only issue I have with the place is that the buffet is not set up well. There is this huge cluster over where they have the seafood and it's a mess.

mainecoon lover
24-01-2009, 08:15 PM
There is a breakfast at 'Ohana. It is served family style and Lilo and Stitch are there. I think Mickey and Pluto were there as well. It's very laid back.

I LOVE dinner at 'Ohana. It is one of our favorite places. It can be loud and chaotic since they have hula hoop contests and coconut races for the kids. We love it though.

I think Disney does a great job celebrating birthdays. Just let them know when you book the restaurant. You can also order a cake to be delivered to the restaurant as well.

I like the food at Cape May for breakfast and dinner. The only issue I have with the place is that the buffet is not set up well. There is this huge cluster over where they have the seafood and it's a mess.

Thanks hun. I am tempted with 'ohana.

PsychoAlice
24-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Ohana for dinner is THE best!

loadsapixiedust
24-01-2009, 10:15 PM
I had a lovely birthday meal at Grand Floridian Cafe (I know I'm a little over 18 :lol:) and they made it feel really special, a little more adult too if Beth's not fussed about characters.

Dorothy
25-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Another vote for O'Hana here. Not only is the food really good, but I just love that they don't give you that "hurry up and eat" look every 10 minutes as It's very relaxed there. If you let them know ahead of time that it is Beth's special day I'm sure they could come up with something and I'd also let the chef know that she loves seafood and maybe they can get her as much peel and eat shrimp as she'd like.

I don't like CP at all, but I LOVE Chef Mickey's and it's just a short monorail trip from the MK :D

Tink
25-01-2009, 04:49 AM
We love Cape May for dinner. We've never seen it be messy at all, and we've eaten there many times. :yes:

I think if she likes shellfish, it would be ideal. :yes:

If she doesn't like characters, then that's another good reason to go to Cape May for dinner. :D

Be sure to get a birthday badge for her, and if you think she'd like a silly hat there is that great one (rather tall like cat in the hat's hat) with band of color and candles at the top. That draws loads of attention! :yes:

Perhaps you can get a birthday balloon and tie it to her chair. Maybe she would like one of those custom made tee shirts. You could have one done with something that indicates it's her birthday? :unsure:

Johnie
25-01-2009, 04:57 AM
I didn't mean Cape May was messy or dirty in any way. I meant that the buffet is set up in such a bad location that there is a huge cluster of people in one spot and it is hard to move or get to the buffet. I don't think it is designed well.

Tink
25-01-2009, 05:03 AM
Ah. We've not had problems with the flow either. :) We like the way it's separated into four sides. Seems to help the flow. :yes:

Another good reason for Disney to have so many choices, eh? If you don't like one, there is another you'll surely love! :yes:

Johnie
25-01-2009, 05:07 AM
:tongue: well it wouldn't stop me from going again! We loved the food and the character breakfast is nice and laid back.

Dawn
25-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Well you've sold Cape May for dinner to me. :lol:

davles
25-01-2009, 10:21 AM
hiya, we did a scavenger hunt in MK as part of our DD's 18th, it was great fun for all of us, and something we all remembered.

it was from www.giftsofalifetime.com (http://www.giftsofalifetime.com)

they do all sorts of other things too

dave