PDA

View Full Version : Holiday clothes & a handy hint.

MystikPiglit
25-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Yay! I bought my first piece of clothing for my trip. A beautiful, caramel-coloured silk&cashmere pashmina. It was less than half price at House of Fraser. Bargain! :mickeybounce:
*Tip for first-timers: Even if it's scorching outside, it can be very chilly in air-conditioned restaurants etc. It's handy to have a wrap or light top to slip on. :thumbsup:

Tink
25-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Nice tip! It can be especially uncomfortable if you are sitting in an area that gets the draft from the AC or if you are directly under the blower. :(

I keep a pareo handy for much the same reason. I've used that silly thing for loads of things. Swimsuit cover up, adding some color to my dinner outfit, as a head and neck covering in the northeast (with my coat)... it's the handiest piece of cloth I've ever owned! :D (I have four now). :lol:

Taja
25-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Excellent tip, MP!

Any chance of a photo of the pashmina? I love the things, but they aren't very practical here. :sigh: I have two of them, one black and one teal. Primarily used when traveling. :rolleyes:

MystikPiglit
25-01-2009, 03:43 PM
I have two of them, one black and one teal. Primarily used when traveling. :rolleyes:

:yes: They're so handy when travelling. The fine material means you can fold them up and pop into a handbag. Great on a plane or coach etc. :thumbsup: