PDA

View Full Version : Monday morning raNT>>>>>>>>>

Disneybumble
26-01-2009, 08:16 AM
I am so cross with the person l gave birth to 15 years ago, this would be Liam. I know l am very hormonal to this week but he deserves such a b... kicking, if l went near him l think he would suffer.
Quick story to say why l am so angry. For christmas we took out a contract phone for him. Very indulgent but we thought hey this poor boy had his phone stolen and if it's insured etc etc. Also he was keeping his old payg phone to go out and play footie etc. So he got a very nice Sony Eric blah blah C905.
Yesterday he strolls in and says this phone is insured "innit" and i say well depending on what has happened. The stupid boy had taken it out and not his old one. Well he had played football and rolled around like the numpty he is. Dropped it on concrete and full screen smashed and the pixel screen gone.
It was his attitude that has nfuriated me the most. I could knock him out.
It wasn't my fault. Well yes it was you shouldn't of had it.
Well here is the upshot , l am so disgusted by his attitude to money and the cost of it i have laid these punishments down.
1) No phone no going out. So he has to buy a cheap vodafone phone to put his sim card in.
2) he now pays the 20 contract.
3) He is going on a school ski trip in April at a cost of 629. The decision to send him was made before the eco turndown. As you know Mr Bumbles job is going. But we thought no he can go we can do this. But with this now in mind l am making him buy his ski waer. A jacket off ebay and we are hiring saloppettes (sp). Thankfully we have borrowed alot but l need to hit him hard in his pocket as this will hurt him the most.
Sorry for this huge rant as you can tell l am very angry and upset .

mumof2
26-01-2009, 11:41 AM
don't blame you love, i'd be extremely angry too :hug2:

Claire
26-01-2009, 12:21 PM
:hug1: I can completely understand how you feel. Stick to your guns and all will come good. Allegedly!

lisaw
26-01-2009, 12:49 PM
I would feel exactly the same Siobhan :hug2:

I think you have done the right thing :yes:

Beccaberry
26-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Oh hun...xoxoxo :hug2:

I feel your pain.

I'll be right back with the vodka.

Taja
26-01-2009, 01:49 PM
:hug2:

The effect of punishment via fiscal responsibility can be amazing. It's a lesson all of us have to learn--and sometimes learning early is a very good thing. :)

He's a good kid, Siobhan, and some day will be a wonderful, responsible adult. And will have difficulty admitting that mum was right! :D

Johnie
26-01-2009, 02:48 PM
:hug2: to you my friend

Would you like some flavored vodka? I have orange :yes:

Disneybumble
26-01-2009, 02:54 PM
:hug2:Thank you all:hug2:
Vodka and Hugs that's a good start.
Johnie never had orange , bring it over hun.

Beccaberry
26-01-2009, 02:55 PM
It's yummy with cranberry juice :D

Disneybumble
26-01-2009, 02:56 PM
See you guys make me smile.:yes:

Beccaberry
26-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Just you wait... :D :D :D :D

Johnie
26-01-2009, 03:40 PM
:tongue: there is always a smile when we are around

Ursula
26-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Oh no darlin' XXXXXXXXXXXX hugs XXXXXXXXXX

Tink
26-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Hey Mama. :hug2: 15 will pass before you know it. :hug2:

Mari
26-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I think youve made an excellent decision in making him pay for what he wants and needs...

I honestly think NOTHING makes you value things more than paying for them with your hard earned money

Johnie
26-01-2009, 07:11 PM
I totally agree Mari. The things that I've had to pay for I seem to appreciate more.

BigThunder
26-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey Siobhan, I have one of those....same make, different model. So far she's not given me much attitude at all (I feel very lucky to have made it to 15 & not been faced with it). But I'm prepared like you to deal with it if I have to. I think you handled it the right way. They have to realize there are costs to their actions. It's the only way they will ever learn.