PDA

View Full Version : 25 Random Things About Me

Johnie
27-01-2009, 05:20 PM
I thought this was fun. I posted it on my Facebook so this may be duplicate reading for some.

1. I miss the big hair of the 80's. Truly. I found a picture of myself last night and it was PERFECT! Alysia laughed at me. My hair is naturally big, it takes a lot of work to tame it.

2. I would love to go to Egypt. I love the history of it.

3. My favorite American city is St. Augustine, FL. It is beautiful. I would love to live there.

4. If I could have any job in the world, I would be a therapist at Walt Disney World. Hey Mickey probably needs some counseling after kids scream when they see him.

5. It really irks me that there is a significant lack of Walt Disney in Walt Disney World! Shame.

6. I have met some of my very best friends online.

7. I am a voracious reader. I am always reading something.

8. People think I am really smart. Maybe. I know a little bit about everything and a whole lot about nothing lol

9. I am one of the few people I know whose original parents are still married to each other. I have no step anythings.

10. I'm not meant to be married. I am far too independent.

11. I have a huge ego.....yet I am suprisingly insecure.

12. Yes, my hair and it's color are real.

13. No, my dad didn't want a boy. I was named after my grandma, Johnie Mae. Yes, I DO know my name is a song lol

14. I can talk to anyone, about anything, at anytime. Thank you dad.

15. I truly appreciate my family more the older I get.

16. Alysia saved my life.

17. Yes, I go to Walt Disney World A LOT. It's my happy place.

18. I could never live more than 2 hours from the ocean. The ocean calms me.

19. I am more terrified of tornadoes than anything else in the whole world.

20. I am the one you want to have there in an emergency. I act first and think about it later.

21. If I could be any super hero in the world, I would be Wonder Woman. She is the coolest!!

22. I wish I could sing really well. I love to sing, I just don't think it's all that great.

23. If i went back to school, I would study history.....just cause I wanted to.

24. When I am really stressed out, my papa comes to me in my dreams. I feel so much better when I wake up.

25. I talk to and for my animals. I even got mad one day when my cat, Sassy, got an attitude with me lol

ok, now YOU...post 25 random things about yourself :yes:

MystikPiglit
27-01-2009, 06:08 PM
St. Augustine, FL. It is beautiful. I would love to live there.

Ooh, snap, me too. :yes:

Johnie
27-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Anyone going to share?

Britchick
27-01-2009, 09:34 PM
i'm not that interesting, can't think of 25 things :unsure:

Beccaberry
27-01-2009, 10:04 PM
16 made me teary eyed :D :hug2:

6 BETTER include me :wink:

Ok, I've been tagged by a bazillion people for this online, so I guess I better do it....leeeeeeeessseeee....

Johnie
27-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Alysia said 16 made her cry too. It's true. She made me grow up and stop being stupid.

Oh yes, #6 most definately includes you. You are my BFF :hug2:

Beccaberry
27-01-2009, 10:20 PM
:hug2: I'm up to 13...how random are we talking?

Johnie
27-01-2009, 10:21 PM
very random

Beccaberry
27-01-2009, 10:43 PM
1. I have four kidneys.
2. I’m a gadget girl.
3. I have a weird obsession with pajamas…I buy them by the scads…but…
4. I sleep naked.
5. I love the music of John Denver.
6. I think cotton candy should be in its own food group.
7. I have an affinity for martinis that reaches far beyond the typical enjoyment scale.
8. Cooking seafood frightens me.
9. I love my job.
10. I am a minimalist…if I’m not currently using it, I don’t keep it.
11. My favorite pair of jeans cost $3.99 and came from Goodwill.
12. I love high heeled shoes…I have found that the level of discomfort directly coordinates with the “cuteness” factor.
13. My ultimate dream is to own a Bed & Breakfast in Vermont.
14. I like going to restaurants and paying the bill for the table next to me.
15. I love wine, dominoes (the game, NOT the pizza chain :nono: , and the color pink.
16. I can’t live without coffee, pedicures, and good music.
17. If I owned a polar bear his name would be Skippy
18. Clowns scare the whotsit right outta me.
19. So do pigeons and squirrels.
20. Most of my friends are guys.
21. I attended college on a dual scholarship…theatre and forensics.
22. I love boardgames…most especially Scrabble.
23. I enjoy the political arena.
24. I don’t like romance novels, but I love romantic movies.
25. I’m shocked I actually came up with 25 things :D

Johnie
27-01-2009, 10:45 PM
#1...do you really? Wow. I bet that helps filter the vodka, right? :tongue:

So, if I ever need a kidney, you won't mind giving me one?

Beccaberry
27-01-2009, 10:52 PM
I do indeed!!

They're all yours!

foreverducky
27-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Okay, I'm off to think of mine...I'll back. :D

josh.p.
27-01-2009, 11:00 PM
1.) I like Animals a LOT more than humans
2.) I am addicted to sweet chilli dipping sauce- I eat it on all sorts
3.) I am very good at speed typing
4.) I am too good at 'bulling', and it scares me
5.) I am a perfectionist when it comes to graphics and things
6.) I HATE MYSPACE GLITTER
7.) I don't want to live where I currently live, I can see myself travelling
8.) I love travelling
9.) I hope to live in florida for 3 months next year as part of the WDWIP program
10.) I love America FAR too much
11.) I can hold a grudge for too long, and sometimes I let things go really easily
12.) I can't imagine life without my pets
13.) I want to Bungee jump and Skydive (Not at the same time)
14.) I don't do things in moderation- if I like something I eat/listen/read/do it so much that it gets boring
15.) I can be suprisingly articulate when I want to be
16.) I can't stand discrimination what-so-ever
17.) I love desperate housewives
18.) I hate bad manners
19.) I can't wait to be an uncle
20.) My family means the world to me
21.) I love looking at childhood photo's- I always look so happy
22.) I am a veggie
23.) Space amazes me
24.) I am practically addicted to the internet
25.) I found it very hard to think of 25!

josh.p.
27-01-2009, 11:01 PM
WOW!!! FOUR KIDNEYS?! Does that mean you could donate them to people in need of them?

Figment
27-01-2009, 11:11 PM
1. I watch too much TV.
2. My favorite color is purple.
3. I made a pot roast for dinner...it was delicious.
4. I love going to Disney World.
5. I have a 12 year old son....Jordan.
6. We have 2 cats...Figaro and Rose...sisters.
7. I drive a burgundy Plymoth Grand Voyager.
8. My favorite alcoholic drink is a Cocaine Lady...but only at Brandon's in Alliance (used to be Roadhouse Charley's) lol
9. I recently attended my 25th year class reunion.
10. I love Doctor Who.
11. I am happy that Barack Obama is our new President.
12. The last movie I saw in the theater was Bolt.
13. I'm a fan of Joss Weadon...Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Doctor Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.
14. I'm supposed to wear glasses, but I'm terrible about it. They're bifocals and without them I can hardly read a thing any more.
15. I play World of Warcraft online.
16. I have a qwerty keyboard phone so I can text faster...hate the thumbs thing. lol
17. I love watching a fire in the fireplace...so glad we have one in our house.
18. I'm having a really hard time coming up with 25 of these things!
19. I don't do coffee.
20. Chocolate...dark chocolate....copious amounts.
21. I consider myself a very good cook.
22. I have read and enjoyed the Twilight books by Stephanie Meyers.
23. Pepsi...not Coke.
24. I love the internet...I have no idea how we used to live without it.
25. I'd love to travel the UK some day...Scotland, Wales and England.

foreverducky
27-01-2009, 11:13 PM
1. I love traditional trashy and erotic romance novels.
2. I am an only child, but wish that I had an older brother.
3. My grandmother was/is my idol.
4. My favorite music is Doo Wop.
5. I love changing my hair color.
6. I love the smell of leaves burning in the fall.
7. I have never wanted to get married.
8. I have never wanted children.
9. I love ghost stories.
10. I love all things related to Halloween.
11. I would take power over money any day.
12. I’m narcissistic.
13. I can’t wait till I can afford plastic surgery.
14. I want to live in a super duper small town in Maine.
15. I wore braces for 3 years.
16. I love accents.
17. I have flat feet and wore inserts for many years.
18. I have a high heel shoe fetish.
19. My dog is my heart and soul.
20. I’m greatly afraid of germs and have a hand washing problem.
21. I love a good strawberry daiquiri.
22. I would eat nachos every day if I wouldn’t gain weight.
23. Sundays have always depressed me.
24. I’m a morning person.
25. I desire to live outside the box.

Johnie
27-01-2009, 11:56 PM
:thumbsup: yay! People are responding!!

I'll be back....Alysia is dragging me to the store....

Johnie
28-01-2009, 01:03 AM
ok I am back....

Figment,
I swear I've asked before so forgive me, what's in a Cocaine Lady?
I totally agree with you about Pepsi. I have such issues when I go to Disney.

Ducky,
I never wanted to get married either. What are you planning to change via cosmetic surgery?

Josh,
How can you love America too much?

Tink
28-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Lessee if I can do this...
25 Random things about me...in relationship to Disney. :D

1) EPCOT is my favorite Park.
2) I don't know how many times I've visited EPCOT or WDW in general. I really wish I'd kept track.
3) I can name the countries of the world showcase in order, regardless of whether you go left or right from the entry through FW or the IG.
4) I've eaten at every WS country, with the exception of the new restaurants in Japan.
5) My favorite place to dine at EPCOT for special times is Bistro de Paris.
6) Surprisingly, I like Sunshine Food Fair. I think it's my favorite "American" restaurant at EPCOT.
7) Any time the queue is short enough, I go on Spaceship Earth.
8) I've only done Mission Space three times. I like it, but I don't think it likes me.
9) I actually like Living with the Land Ride, and the films in Canada, France, China and *gasp* Norway!
10) I bought Herself a sweater in Norway years ago...we still have it. I have it with me on this trip to the frozen North.
11) Although I forget birthdays, anniversaries, and other important dates, I remember the date of my first visit to WDW.
12) I once went 10 months without an AP (after moving to FL). It nearly killed me.
13) Herself and I wanted a Disney Magical Wedding, but couldn't bring ourselves to celebrate our lives in the current political climate in FL.
14) Although we go to Gay Days, we've never worn red. It's too hot in June!
15) My second favorite park is the AK.
16) When AK first opened we used to beat the CMs to the Pangani Forest trail.
17) We've actually seen the dominant male silver back of the family troupe signing.
18) I cried when the bachelor troupe had the huge fight and one gorilla was killed and another maimed for life. It still makes me tear up.
19) I've seen snakes and rats on the grounds of WDW.
20) I'm not a huge fan of MK, but I like it better than DHS.
21) I've never done a full service/table meal in MK or DHS!
22) I loved the Great Millennium Walk with the Sage of Time, Tapestry of Nations and to a lesser extent Tapestry of Dreams. I miss them very much and wish they'd bring them back.
23) I LOVE the Food and Wine Festival, but not so much as I used to.
24) My favorite DVC is OKW
25) My favorite resort is the Beach Club.

josh.p.
28-01-2009, 01:15 AM
ok I am back....
Josh,
How can you love America too much?
I dunno why I said 'too much', but I just really really like it. Everything seems to happen there and I feel 'At home' when I go there :unsure:

foreverducky
28-01-2009, 02:29 AM
ok I am back....

Ducky,
I never wanted to get married either. What are you planning to change via cosmetic surgery?

A few things. :unsure: Even planning botox when I need it.

PsychoAlice
28-01-2009, 04:37 AM
A few things. :unsure: Even planning botox when I need it.

Me too honey...me too

Ive already had plastic surgery...

*Bambi-Belle*
28-01-2009, 05:57 AM
1 – I have a desire to travel and hate the fact that I have only been to 8 counties outside the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region>
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
2 – I love it best when my family – Husband two sons, one dog, two cats and our wee hamster are all in the living room having a good old laugh. It’s normally on a Saturday evening.
<o:p></o:p>
3 – I miss my big brother who lives in Sydney Australia.
4 – I love mangos
5 – I would love to go to <st1:country-region w:st="on">Peru</st1:country-region> and hike to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Machu Picchu</st1:City></st1:place> for my 40th Birthday
6 – I wanted to get married in <st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region> but my Husband wanted to get married in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Scotland</st1:place></st1:country-region>, so we did.
7 – I started fertility treatment 8 months before my 21st Birthday.
8 – I have been with my husband since we were both 17
9 – I gave birth to chalk and cheese lol DS1 is my rock and the most supportive wee boy in the world. DS2 makes me laugh every single day and is the most positive person I have ever met.
10 – My parents and sister are disabled, so I need to help take care of them, although my Dad can still drive short distances in his car.
11 – I didn’t finish my biology degree due to starting fertility treatment. I don’t regret it.
12 – I have always secretly wanted to be a nurse. I might still do it one day.
13 – I worry constantly about the safety of my children.
14 – I can play piano to grade 5 standard
15 – I only need about 4-5 hours sleep a night.
16 – I’m incredibly shy when I meet people for the first time.
17 – I wish my husband didn’t work away from home so much, but I would never tell him this as I know how hard he has worked on his career.
18 – Most of my friends in real life are stepford wives/soccer mums type people who drive BMWs They think I’m strange because I love my purple fiesta and refuse to get a more expensive car.
19 – I love red shiny shoes. Heels or flats.
20 – I have an irrational fear of seagulls.
21 – I love reading books for kids – Artimis Fowl – Magyk – Harry Potter – A serious of unfortunate events – Sabriel – Eragon – His dark materials, the list goes on. Actually Garth Nix is one of my favourite authors
22. I hate knowing that my Aunty Jean will die one day. She is 88 and one of my favourite people in the whole world. I can’t imagine my life without her in it. I worry about it most days. She is more like a Grandma to me.
23 – I danced with the Scottish Ballet when I was 12. I had a small part in Coppelia as a doll. <o:p></o:p>
24 – I think wearing nice underwear is just as important as your other clothes.<o:p></o:p>
25 – My philosophy for life is red wine and WooHoos. It fixes everything. Heeheehee.:love2::biggrin:

Ursula
28-01-2009, 09:10 AM
1) I don't like fizzy pop, I like Pepsi but have to knock it flat when I rarely drink it.

2) I used to drink tea by the gallon until I got pregnant, then just the smell of it made me sick. I prefer coffee even now.

3) During my pregnancy my sense of smell was extremely heightened and it still is. I could work for customs.

4) Talking of which, I was once detained at Detroit airport for FOUR hours :( Because I had an American husband who was still living in America at the time while we were arranging for him to come to UK. They never offered me or DD a drink or even apologised or explained anything to me. They were extremely rude :(

5) In one horrendous year 10 people in my family died. Including my Mother. I was almost attending a funeral every month that year and on one day I had two funerals to go to. That was MY Annus Horribilus.

6) I never knew I could love so deeply until my babies were placed in my arms.

7) I thank every day for my driving licence, I couldn't live without my car.

8) I have absolutely no sense of direction. DH knows to go the opposite way if I *feel* it's *this* way! Lol!

9) I need and love my Sat Nav and could kiss the person who invented it!

10) I'm one of these people who knows exactly what I like and don't like so shopping for furnishings and clothes is easy and quick for me.

11) I just cannot drink wine. I don't like it and it doesn't like me.

12) I've always touched the *line* There is just something in me that makes me do it :(

13) I had my first tattoo at age 45 last year. Hated tattoos before but they have some really nice ones now and cool colours.

14) I am a voracious reader.

15) I hate trashy novels.

16) I love autobiographies or memoirs best.

17) I married my DH on the third time of meeting him... true. We have been married for nearly 7 years together for 9.

18) I absolutely adore my little animals. But was never an animal person when younger.

19) I have *seen* things before they happened. Exactly and word for word.

20) I had to have fertility treatment, nothing's ever come easy for me.

21) I now live my life to please me and have never been happier.

22) I KNOW my sense of humour can be a pain in the butt and don't apologise for it :D

23) I don't aspire to be liked and don't really care what people think. I like to be liked, who doesn't but if you don't like me I'll get over it and not lose any sleep.

24) My favourite colour is lilac.

25) I don't gravitate towards people who are gorgeous looking and empty headed. Not saying that all gorgeous lookers are empty headed but you know what I mean.

Tink
28-01-2009, 09:59 AM
OOOO! OOO! OOO! Lilac is beautiful! It's one of my very favorite shades of "purple." :yes: I love the flowers too and miss them terribly. :sigh: (They don't grow in Florida).

MystikPiglit
28-01-2009, 11:35 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
23 – I danced with the Scottish Ballet when I was 12. I had a small part in Coppelia as a doll.

Oh, how wonderful! Do you still dance?

Disneybumble
28-01-2009, 12:27 PM
1) I met my husband when l was 17, turned down a place at Poly(Old type ) to stay with him.
2) We got married when l was 21. My catholic Father said if you live together there will be no wedding. Selfish as l was then l wanted a wedding.
3) When l was born my parents were told l was blind. I am not but am very partially sighted and have an eye condition called Nystagmus.
4) Because of this l am a fighter in life.
5) I am very loud but also shy.
6) I am a very loyal friend.
7) I would like to study the American Civil Rights movement.
8) Got married in August 1992 and had first baby in July 1993. To young maybe ,planned no but it's how my life panned out and it was great.
9) 3 weeks after said baby was born l went to see U2 in concert.
10) Have 1 older sister called Tanya. She is very good but unfortunately has suffered with very bad health. She had her first cancer at 18 and last one 3 years ago.
11) One of the hardest things l have had to do was tell my recovering sister that l was pregnant with first baby. She had been trying for a year and thought chemo had robbed her of this chance. Thankfully she was preggers and we didn't know. There are 10 weeks between our eldest .
12) I first went to WDW in 190 and we had our honeymoon there in 92.
13) We returned with the children in 2003 and 2006.
14) have 2 DD's who were born in 1996-Zoe and Lily who was born in 2000.
15) Two of my children are ginger. With the middle one bing dark haired. Yes they all have the same father. And neither or the husband are red headed.
16) We have two cats Tiggy and Ollie. We lost Tiggys brother Bella the Fella to a road accident.
17) I love listening to Music.
18) When l was a child we lived in Kuwait.
19) Nothing l enjoy more than a glass of Vodka and Lemonade.
20) Hate the taste of coffee.
21) I am always trying to lose weight.
22) I love to read apart from Sci-fi novels
23) Never been good with Authority.
24) I last wore a dress/skirt on my wedding day.
25) I would love to live in America but being unable to drive can't imagine that would be possible.

Tink
28-01-2009, 02:02 PM
My Mother has never driven. :yes: :hug2: It would definitely depend upon where you live for you to be happy without driving, or feel as though you were marooned in a little backwater. :yes:

Figment
28-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Figment,
I swear I've asked before so forgive me, what's in a Cocaine Lady?
I totally agree with you about Pepsi. I have such issues when I go to Disney.

Amaretto, vodka, Kaluha with cream/milk and coke served in a beer mug. (Only way I drink Coke) Tastes like a coke float, sorta. Very yum. Unfortunately, it's difficult to find a place that makes them well.

Claire
28-01-2009, 02:23 PM
1 - I fell pregnant with my eldest on our third date!
2 - We are still together 17 years later even though people didn't give us 5 minutes!
3 - I love my car, a Chrysler Grand Voyager more than I should.
4 - My iTouch is my most favourite possession in the world.
5 - I have a very hot bath every night.
6 - Eldest DD has the most amazing singing voice I have ever heard.
7 - My middle child Maisie is a box of Frogs, drives me to distract, reduces me to tears routinely but I wouldn't swap her for anything.
8 - My youngest child Owen is Autistic and is the most adorable thing to walk the planet.
9 - My cat is so stupid it's a wonder she survives.
10 - I love yellow and choose it for my bedroom.
11 - I used to try and be something I'm not in the hope people would like me. Now I'm me and boy is it easier.
12 - I didn't grieve the loss of my father until he'd been dead 10 years.
13 - I love silence.
14 - I hate any kind of alcohol.
15 - My best friend is my older brother's ex wife. We lost touch after they divorced but now we're inseparable.
16 - I sniff my Mulberry handbag more than is probably normal.
17 - I don't enjoy movies. My attention span won't see me through to the end.
18 - I'm wearing high heeled boots for the first time in over 20 years.
19 - I've learnt more from my husband than I ever did at school.
20 - I've never had in-laws.
21 - Injustice of any sort makes me cry.
22 - I'd like to have a faith but can't bring myself to believe.
23 - I live 5 mins from an award winning beach but never go.
24 - I eat a Double Decker chocolate bar every day.
25 - My DH makes the best cup of tea in the world.

Skywatcher
28-01-2009, 02:47 PM
11 - I used to try and be something I'm not in the hope people would like me. Now I'm me and boy is it easier..

:hug2:

*Bambi-Belle*
28-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Oh, how wonderful! Do you still dance?

Sadly no. I gave up when I was 16. I still love going to see the ballet.

Disneybumble

10) Have 1 older sister called Tanya. She is very good but unfortunately has suffered with very bad health. She had her first cancer at 18 and last one 3 years ago.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Wow this is so close to me. We have a few things the same. My big sister first had cancer when she was 14. Sadly she won’t ever have children but she is a fabulous aunty and shares my kids with me. I remember the day I found out I was pregnant, I dreaded telling her even though it was the single most happiest day of my life as I had been told when I was 18 that I would probably never have kids. She still has many health problems but never gives up.

Rosie0610
28-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I"ll try...

1) I'm very quiet at first but surprise people after I warm up, then I'm very loud.
2) I owe everything I am to my mother.
3) I'm not close with my sister and sometimes feel bad about it
4) I'm a homebody and love sitting with DH watching tv more than anything
5) I can put my fist in my mouth. (great party trick!)
6) I love school and feel comfortable learning in a classroom. I could be a full time student
7) I hate talking on the phone
8) I cry very easily, including at work. (which isn't a good thing most times)
9) When I'm nervous I play with my hair
10) DH used to be my boss when we first got together.
11) I never would've gotten 2 dogs if I knew how demanding raising them would be.
12) I yell a lot. I'm a yeller. (see below)
13) I have a VERY short temper and it usually gets me in trouble.
14) I love Jon Bon Jovi. Seriously I love him.
15) I love food. Italian is my favorite but I love potatoes, cheese, burgers, steak too.
16) When I was little my sister told me I was an alien and I believed her for a long time
17) I'm always comparing myself to people and wish I could get over that.
18) I was a cheerleader in HS and 1 semester of College.
19) My husband is in a band and I wish he would just have 1 hit song so I wouldn't have to work anymore.
20) I have my boating license
21) I bake better than I cook
22) I call my mom at least 3 times a day
23) I went to a Spice Girls concert
24) I love taking naps
25) I'm afraid of heights I think. I can go up a ladder but hate going down.

Dorothy
28-01-2009, 06:20 PM
I have no sense of direction and still get lost in the middle of the MK
I’ve had the same best friend for 40 years
All our dogs past and present have been rescue dogs that we’ve taken in.
I am an organ donor.
I believe in miracles as well as angels.
No one on my side of the family has ever been divorced.
I hate that my DH refuses to get on an airplane.
I’m always sorry when I don’t go with *gut instinct*
I have always wanted to work in a zoo.
I sing to the radio or a CD, although…….
I can’t carry a tune what so ever.
I am a Star Trek fan and proud of it.
I don’t know my multiplication tables anymore
I act totally like a giggly girly girl when I drink.
Under all my hair color I am almost totally gray.
I have a nasty temper if pushed too far
If my checkbook doesn’t balance it drives me nuts.
I want to learn to scuba dive
I hate alcohol that tastes like alcohol, which means….
I love fruity girly drinks with an umbrella
I tend to babble when I’m excited.
If you feed me lobster I will do anything for you.
I have weird toes
I also have a very weird and warped sense of humor
I get totally freaked out by spiders, but I think snakes are fascinating

Britchick
28-01-2009, 07:42 PM
1. I’m a very impatient person
2. I don’t like mornings, never have, never will I don’t think- don’t even talk to me until I’ve had my coffee.
3. I got married very young- at 20 and my Mum said it would never last, 17 years later and we’re still going strong and I’m proud of that.
4. I’m very passionate about my work; I will fight with every bit of my being for the rights of someone in my charge.
5. I’m under confident but that is getting much better with age. I can now go to the gym knowing someone is watching my big bum wobbling and think who cares.
6. I try and help anybody, anything............whether they want help or not! It’s just me and I’m trying lol
7. I’m a reflective person; if I know that something I have done is not right then I will try and correct it- either in my work or personal life.
8. I’m going very grey!
9. I believe there are aliens on other planets
10. I hate food shopping with a vengeance
11. I don’t feel old enough to have a child doing his GCSEs
12. I don’t like rides that have drops.
13. I bought my dream car- a VW beetle cabriolet and didn’t like it so sold it 6 months later.
14. I want to go back and live in South Carolina
15. When we retire we plan to travel the world.
16. I like my tea really strong, with a hint of milk and 1 sugar.
17. I worry that I will be left a widow at a young age.
18. I’m too emotional but I’m working on that.
19. Apparently I’m a team player and an implementer according to a psychological assessment recently done at work.
20. I have moved 18 times, went to 5 primary schools and 3 secondary schools, I am determined that my kids won’t be as disrupted. My Dad was in the RAF
21. I’m a boring middle aged housewife but inside there’s a rock chick wanting to spring out!
22. When we lived in Northern Ireland my Dad wasn’t allowed to go off the RAF base on his own due to the security.
23. I love good food and to cook too.
24. I would like to live in the country side with no neighbours so there is no noise.
25. My English teacher told my parents that I would never amount to anything,

Johnie
28-01-2009, 07:46 PM
See Julie, you have lots of things :hug2:

I love reading about everyone's random things. Very cool! Thanks for playing.

I kept thinking of more things about me last night :tongue:

Britchick
28-01-2009, 07:54 PM
i have enjoyed reading about people- very interesting

Beccaberry
28-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Wow!! These are awesome!!! Keep 'em coming!!

Ursula
28-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I have no sense of direction and still get lost in the middle of the MK
I’ve had the same best friend for 40 years
All our dogs past and present have been rescue dogs that we’ve taken in.
I am an organ donor.
I believe in miracles as well as angels.
No one on my side of the family has ever been divorced.
I hate that my DH refuses to get on an airplane.
I’m always sorry when I don’t go with *gut instinct*
I have always wanted to work in a zoo.
I sing to the radio or a CD, although…….
I can’t carry a tune what so ever.
I don’t know my multiplication tables anymore
I act totally like a giggly girly girl when I drink.
Under all my hair color I am almost totally gray.
I have a nasty temper if pushed too far
If my checkbook doesn’t balance it drives me nuts.
I want to learn to scuba dive
I hate alcohol that tastes like alcohol, which means….
I love fruity girly drinks with an umbrella
I tend to babble when I’m excited.
If you feed me lobster I will do anything for you.
I have weird toes
I also have a very weird and warped sense of humor
I get totally freaked out by spiders, but I think snakes are fascinating

Oh lordy at number one :( Remind me never to go hiking with you! You and me both hun X

Ursula
28-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I think it's utterly disgraceful to tell a child or childs parents that they won't amount to anything :( So sorry you had to hear that hun X

foreverducky
28-01-2009, 11:17 PM

I have the older, originial Star Trek cards (you know like baseball cards). They are black and white

Dorothy
28-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Oh lordy at number one :( Remind me never to go hiking with you! You and me both hun X

I need a map and a GPS just to find my way around Disney, could you see me hiking in teh woods :eek3:

I have the older, originial Star Trek cards (you know like baseball cards). They are black and white

My brother had some of those too adn then he sold them on e-bay and I wanted to smack him for doing that!!!

PsychoAlice
29-01-2009, 01:23 AM
(They don't grow in Florida).

WHAT?!?

That ALMOST changes my mind about moving to Florida...They are seriously my favorite favorite favorite flower...followed by Jasmine and Honeysuckle

PsychoAlice
29-01-2009, 01:29 AM
1. I am the most honest and sincere person on the planet. Even if I am a flake sometimes.

2. I am very naive. I think everyone is as honest as I am.

3. I am as insecure as the next girl. I just hide it better.

4. I am #3 in a line of 20 children. 14 of which are related to me. Out of those 14 I am the oldest. It was my dad that was the *****...not my mom.

5. It really irks me that there is a significant lack of Walt Disney in Walt Disney World! Shame. (Keepin it Johnie)

6. I have met some of my very best friends online. (Umm this one too)

7. I am dyslexic yet I work with numbers all day long

8. From being on the internet it taught me to be a better speller.

9. I have licked the face of a man I didnt know in the middle of a grocery store because he needed it...he was that hot. I made him blush.

10. I'm not meant to be married. I am far too independent. (aaand this one too..Im the one who isnt married though LMAO)

11. I love with everything I have..and everything I dont have.

12. My heart has been smashed so many time that it is just sand.

13. My dad did want a boy so therefore I was raised as one.

14. I have no patience...and even less that none for stupidity.

15. I was a mean girl...sometimes I still am

16. Derrick saved my life. Kids just do not understand how much they mold our lives and how everything that we ever wanted is in them.

17. Im a channel surfer..and Id rather DVR something then actually watch it when its on...so I can fast forward thru the commercials

18. I will never, ever, ever, ever set foot in the state of NY again. I hate that state with every fiber of my being

19. I am quick to forgive but I never forget.

20. I still love to color in coloring books

21. I still believe that there is one person out there who will accept me for who I am and not what they can make me into.

22. I do not need to be saved or fixed.

23. I can not stand excuses. I would rather have someone tell me that they are lazy and do not want to do something than blow smoke up my ass.

24. Since my grandparents have died, I have cried everyday.

25. I have the 2 sweetest great danes on the planet. They are really sensitive.

Tink
29-01-2009, 01:43 AM
Nope. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but lilacs need several months of freeze to grow and bloom. That's why they are so beautiful in NY. :wink: :lol:

PsychoAlice
29-01-2009, 01:54 AM
And Colorado...but wait...we had them in California...

Tink
29-01-2009, 02:01 AM
I've read about a particular strain that reportedly grows in Florida too (at least in northern Florida) but have yet to see it, or know of anyone who has grown them.

Shellyamc
29-01-2009, 05:01 AM
Ok let me see..

1.I met and started dating Dh when I was 17, got married at 21, and 9 years later still think it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

2. Dh and I both said all the time that we never wanted kids. HA!

3. I would give anything to have a best friend. I can't say that I have had one since I was 13 years old.

4. I don't remember ever being really happy with who I am

5. I didn't get to go to Disney until my honeymoon.

6. I used to dance and sing and it makes me sad that I walked away from all of it without a fight.

7. I think Katelyn is the reason I was put on this earth. She is the greatest thing I have ever accomplished.

8. I am pretty crafty and love to come up with party/wedding ideas. I'm too scared to try and do it for a living.

9. I have a bad temper and can't always control it like I should.

10. I am extremely protective of my friends and family. I snap..

11. I have spent most of my life making sure things are ok with other people. I make sure everyone else is happy and then I worry about me. I have been known to bring things back from vacation for everyone we know and totally forget to get anything for myself. I guess I was made to be a Mom.

12. I don't like seafood

13. I was accused in high school of sleeping with my music teacher. (No, I didn't :nono: )

14. I did, however, convince said music teacher to break up with nasty girlfriend via anonymous emails.

15. I have one sister who I am not really close to, but I wish I was.

16. I get car sick and if they came out with some sort of surgery to get rid of it, I would sign up in a second!

17. I wanted to go to college for vocal music, but my parents didn't think I was good enough.

18. I have a sick sense of humor.

19. I always wanted to be able to take amazing pictures.

20. I miss my Poppie and wish he could have met my husband.

21. I love having yard sales and selling things on ebay. I get rid of stuff I don't want and make money doing it - hooray!

22. I feel very blessed that I get to be a stay at home Mommy.

23. I never had any idea how hard it was to stay at home.

24. I am addicted to soda :(

25. I can't spell..I never could.

Disneybumble
29-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Loving reading these.

candyman
29-01-2009, 08:08 AM
9. I am one of the few people I know whose original parents are still married to each other. I have no step anythings.

:yes:

ive got a step ladder my real lader left when i was very young :yes:

Claire
29-01-2009, 09:26 AM
ive got a step ladder my real lader left when i was very young :yes:

:laugh:

candyman
29-01-2009, 10:07 AM
ok just read the thread from start to finish and loved reading about every one so i guess its my turn

1. ive been to WDW 8 times and DLP once my favourite character is Eeyore

2.i was over 40 when i first went to WDW and had to be bribed by my wife and son to go as i was not interested in any thing disney or american (the bribe was to go to benedorm the next holiday) but the minute i stepped on main street i was hooked for life wow i fell in love with the whole disney spirit

3 i have a severly mentally and physicaly disabled daughter , heather , who cannot walk or talk but is the happiest person i have ever met the only time she cries or is unhappy is when she is ill

4.on my first trip to disney while wating in line for pictures with donald the cast member with him asked me to hold the line while donald went in for a break and away from all the kiddies in the line i asked the cast member if there was another donald waiting to come out or did they go some where and some one change in to the costume i have never forgotten her reply which to me sums up the whole disney ethos it was "but sir there is only one donald duck " that is why i so love disney

5 my mum has got dementia and is today going to be sectioned for the second time as she is a danger to her self as she has started wandering from her house in the middle of the night only wearing her night clothes

6 i first married when i was 19 and have been married 3 times (i like wedding cake lol) my wife mandy is 18 years younger than me so was only 1 year old when i first got married lol

7 i have 3 children ben , 22 heather 13 , oliver 5 we had oli when i was 50 !! we hate it when most people spell oli's name wrong most people spell it ollie.

8 i used to own a sweet shop (candy store) which is why i have the name candyman

9 since i retired i spend far far too much time on the internet and cant understand people who do not have their computer turned on all the time in the day , ours is turned on when we get up and only gets turned off when we go to bed

10 i hated school and only liked one subject --maths

11i got a grade 2 in my religion CSE but it was a cheat really as i refused to do the project part of the exam so the teacher did it for me

12 i am a diet pepsi adict and rarely drink anything else , no not even tea or coffee and certainly not any booze

13 i was very ill when i was 50 and spent my 50th birthday in hospital recovering from infected kidney stones

14 the most shocking thing any one has ever told me was after the above illness when i was recovered and being dischargd from hospital the doctor asked me if i had any complaints i told him i was disapointed that i had had to take 9 weeks off work as i had never missed work for more than a week before this his reply was "dont complain too much when they bought you in and i examined you i did not think we would be able to save you " that changed my life for good my doctor had been trying to get me to finish work for over 6 months due to my illness and when i got home and told mandy what the hospital doctor had told me we decided that i should follow my own doctors advise and retire .

15 i am a born worrier

16 i can talk to any one anywhere even if i dont know them , mandy finds this really strange but as i have worked in shops for all those years it is just natural for me

17 some of the jobs i have had are office junior , computer operator , computor programmer , shop keeper , bingo hall assistant manager , market trader .

18 i have had 4 dogs in my life pipa , penny pepsi and smithy but after smithy died it hit me so badly i said i would never have another one again .

19 mandy my wife has got lukemia and is currently being treated for it and thankfully she is in remission right now

20 oli , my 5 year old son, has scoliosis (a curved spine) and had an operation to stop it getting any worse when he was just 2 1/2,it was an 11 hour operation (the longest 11 hours of my life ) to insert rods in his back to support his spine .

21 mandy and i got married in WDW (wow just the best thing ever ) and we had 16 guests at our wedding who we had never met before , even though we used to "chat" to them most days on the disney boards .they were all so nice they really made our wedding so special .

22 even though i love WDW i hate the white knuckle rides in fact the worst thing i have ever done in WDW was to go on the maelstrom in norway after my mum told me it was a lovly little boat ride omg that backwards drop over the waterfall far to scarey for me

23 mandy heather oli and I have been to WDW twice and i have been ill on 3 out of the 4 flights , but i would still go again tomorrow if we could afford it

24 i have had my driving licence take off me because i have sleep apnea and as mandy is ill i am taking oli to school on my electric buggy he really enjoys standing on the bars at the back and riding to school .

25 i love food shopping and really enjoy seeking out the bargains

Beccaberry
29-01-2009, 12:46 PM
This may well be my favorite thread in a long time!! Well done Johnie!

Johnie
29-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I absolutely love this thread too! I have enjoyed reading everything here and on my Facebook account too.

I was in the bed last night thinking of a million other random things about myself :tongue:

Claire
29-01-2009, 02:57 PM
I absolutely love this thread too! I have enjoyed reading everything here and on my Facebook account too.

I was in the bed last night thinking of a million other random things about myself :tongue:

I know what you mean. Since doing mine I've kept thinking oh I should have said that or I should have said this! Yet to think I thought I'd struggle to reach the 25!

Beccaberry
29-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Perhaps we should follow Tink's example and post a sequel...25 Things About Myself In Disney World...any takers?

Johnie
29-01-2009, 04:18 PM
That would be a good idea too!

Isafari
29-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Well, I'm a pretty boring person but here goes....

1. I still live in the same house that I was born in.

2. My Dad died when I was only 3 years old.

3. I simply adore all animals but the big cats are my absolute favourites with the male lion coming out tops.

4. I've never wanted kids of my own.

5. I met my DH at 15. At 17 we were engaged and, at 19 we were married. We celebrate our silver wedding anniversary this year.

6. I don't drink any hot drink.

7. I wish I was a better, more caring person.

8. I love mashed potato with tomato sauce mixed into it.

9. I like to draw with pastels...especially portraits.

10. It's a terrible thing to say but....I actually hate a particular human being (see #7)

11. I am teaching myself Swahili

12. I would love to work for one of the big cat sanctuaries in Florida.

13. My DH is one of the most helpful and, intelligent human beings that I know (even though he blew up our hoover!)

14. I can be a bit ditsy at times but can always laugh about it

15. I have a trophy for winning a shot putting competition.

16. Since Mam died, I cry a lot. I never thought I could feel as low as I get at times.

17. I have mickeyfied my car with Mickey Mouse cushions, ariel topper, silver stick on hidden mickeys etc

18. I love the old Doris Day and Cary Grant movies. Sunday afternoons as a kid saw me lieing on the floor on my belly facing the TV. Watching a black and white movie with a bowl full of jelly and ice cream.

19. When I was a kid, you could take a pudding bowl out to the ice cream van when it pulled up at your door and get the bowl full of whippy ice cream for 10p!!!!!!! And...that included monkeys blood lol.

20. I skived off school as a kid because my eyesight was so bad. I couldn't see the black boards. I knew I would get skitted if I wore national health specs and there was no way Mam could afford to pay for specs for me.

21. I'm frightened of getting old.

22. Like many of you reading this....I'd love to live in Orlando

23. I enjoy watching Coronation Street and Eastenders

24. I'm making soup right now....it's busy simmering. We'll have a crusty loaf with it.

25. I love this site and if i didn't have this site to come to, with all of you wonderful people to talk to, my life would be far inferior.

Ursula
29-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Hmn.. we all want to know who you dislike so much now.....

Dorothy
29-01-2009, 09:44 PM
19. When I was a kid, you could take a pudding bowl out to the ice cream van when it pulled up at your door and get the bowl full of whippy ice cream for 10p!!!!!!! And...that included monkeys blood lol.

Whippy ice cream :unsure: and do I want to know that monkeys blood is :hide:

Tink
30-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Issy. :hug2: If you hate someone, then I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, it is well deserved. :hug2:

Britchick
30-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Diane, you are certainly not a not caring person :hug2:

Tink
30-01-2009, 09:48 PM
That one hurt my head, Brit. :wink: :hug1:

Isafari
30-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys....Brit, it took a while to get my head around that one. I think I'm a few peas short of a casserole!! :lol:

Mags
30-01-2009, 11:45 PM
1) I live in a lovely medieval town in the South East of England
2) I originally came from Northern Ireland and grew up there through the worst of the 'troubles'. I saw some awful things
3) My Dad died when I was 14 and Mum had a tough time bringing us up on very little.
4) My friends mean the world to me. I have been friends with my best friend Patricia since we were 5
5) My Mum had 8 brothers and sisters and my Dad had 10 brothers and sisters.
6) I have 46 first cousins!!
7) I studied geography at university and used to teach the subject
8) After the children were born I became a genealogist.
9) I have four children - 3 boys and a girl
10) Two have finished uni, one has started this year and another is still at school
11) I love to cook, especially to bake
12)My husband died suddenly when the children were 16,13,8 and 5 - life has been very tough
13) I took my kids to Disney in 1999 not knowing much about it, but with a view to ease the sadness and lift our spirits
14) We have loved going ever since - our friends havent a clue why we go but all you afficienadoes will understand. :yes:
15) My favourite parks are HS and IOA
16) I hate driving and will avoid at all costs going onto the motorways
17) I have a fear and loathing of cotton wool - I dont even know how I typed that word. :jawdrop:
18) My favourite food is Indian. I love to cook curries
19)I live near to the university city of Cambridge - a beautiful city
20)I rarely watch TV. I love to read
21) I love Sudoku
22)I make a point of all the family meeting up each Sunday for coffee. We sit and chat for 2 hours! It is important to me.
23)Friday night is red wine night in this house. Kettle chips go nicely with the wine.
24)Im not going to WDW this year. Boohoo.....
25)Im dosed with the cold, but hopefully that will disappear soon.

Margaret

PsychoAlice
31-01-2009, 12:44 AM
So when margaret says she is going medieval on us...she means it!

Mags
31-01-2009, 01:11 AM
She does!

http://www.saffronwalden.org/small%20YH%20side%20of.jpg

http://www.saffronwalden.org/small%20sun%20inn%201.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1431/1428252460_b2835b9d1f.jpg?v=0

A few images for you. :yes:

Margaret

Johnie
31-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Wow 46 first cousins! I only have 3 first cousins. I have a ton of other cousins though.

Tink
31-01-2009, 05:32 AM
Oh my gosh, the town is beautiful! Thank you for sharing the photos! :yes:

candyman
31-01-2009, 09:14 AM
She does!

http://www.saffronwalden.org/small%20YH%20side%20of.jpg

http://www.saffronwalden.org/small%20sun%20inn%201.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1431/1428252460_b2835b9d1f.jpg?v=0

A few images for you. :yes:

Margaret

was the first one lavenham ?

Mags
31-01-2009, 10:47 AM
No Steve, they are all of Saffron Walden. Lavenham isnt far away.It is usch a beautiful village - I just love the crooked house there

http://www.beenthere-donethat.org.uk/lavenham13big.html

Margaret

Britchick
31-01-2009, 11:07 AM
That one hurt my head, Brit. :wink: :hug1:

Thanks guys....Brit, it took a while to get my head around that one. I think I'm a few peas short of a casserole!! :lol:

actually i had to go back and edit because i left the scond not out!

PsychoAlice
31-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Holy **** that house is crooked! What the...is it crooked on the inside too?

Taja
31-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Love the photos of your village, Mags! :D

MystikPiglit
31-01-2009, 03:05 PM
11. I am teaching myself Swahili

Wow! That's amazing. Is this for a particular reason, or just for fun?

Tinkerbell
31-01-2009, 04:07 PM
1. I enjoy cross-stitching but never seem to have the time now
2. I have 4 dogs; Charlie, Ryder, Ben and Hodge and 1 cat; Sylvester McMonkey McBean
3. I cannot drive
4. I am a dog foster carer for Hope Rescue
5. I have 2 children; Jack & Lizzie
6. I will have been married to Alan for 7 years in October
7. I met Alan when he came into the bar that I was running
8. I work as a Customer Relations Manager
9. My favourite colours are Red and Purple
10. My favourite foods are lobster and steak
11. I want to visit Maine and eat proper lobster
12. I detest ignorance and bigotry in any way, shape or form
13. I am very very shy and often delete my posts instead of posting them
14. I have been to Discovery Cove 3 times
15. I love IHOP pancakes
16. My favourite flowers are roses
17. I can play the violin, piano, clarinet, saxaphone, french horn and flute
18. I wanted to be a vet, but didn't work hard enough at school
19. I am an avid reader and have lots of favourite authors
20. I live near Cambridge
21. I was a fat child and never got picked for sports teams or got asked to dance at school discos :(
22. I am the least patient person in the world - ever!
23. I can't drink tea it makes me ill
24. One day we are going to renew our vows at Disney
25. I used to buy sweets from Candyman! :yes:

Mags
31-01-2009, 05:18 PM
You live near Cambridge too Nicki? I might bump into you again sometime soon - this time without my grumpy dd. Wow, you are talented too!!
PS - Can anyone tell me if they can see the photo of the crooked house I posted because I sure as heck cant!

Margaret

foreverducky
31-01-2009, 05:37 PM
I can't see it either, but I googled the house and saw it online. It's weird.

lisaw
31-01-2009, 05:38 PM
I can't see the crooked house Mags :(

My first penfriend when I was 10 lived in Saffron Walden :D

Tinkerbell
31-01-2009, 06:06 PM
The Crooked House for Mags :)
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/nickirick/lavenham42big.jpg

Would be great to meet you again Mags, would be nice to be able to sit down and have a proper chat :thumbsup:

Britchick
31-01-2009, 06:11 PM
i have a great aunt lives in saffron walden

please don't feel scared to post Tinkerbell :hug2:

Dawn
31-01-2009, 06:15 PM
1. I want a cat called Sylvester McMonkey McBean
2. I grew up in South London
3. I play guitar
4. Apparently as a teenager I was a very talented hockey player but...
5. I preferred volleyball
6. I used to play rugby and played for SE England a few times.
7. I used to coach rugby to 7 year old boys and girls and held an RFU coaching license.
8. I hated school and left with 3 O levels, one of which was an E grade. I now have a first class honors degree.
9. I love being in school now.
10. I love geocaching.
11. I used to drink copious amounts of tea until I spent 10 months in Michigan where they've never heard of it. Now the smell of tea makes me feel sick.
12. I think Buffy is the greatest TV programme ever.
13. I hate being late and will turn up too early just in case.
14. I like jammies - the fluffier the better.
15. And Totes Toasties - can never have enough pairs of Toasties.
16. Last film I saw at the cinema was Madagascar 2 - very funny.
17. I have a Cherry Coke addiction.
18. My Grandad died 11 years ago and I still miss him like crazy.
19. I like to take random turnings when driving. Adrian panics but I'm like "it's an island I'll stop if I reach the sea"
20. I worry too much
21. I believe in fairies.
22. According to a career profiler recently my ideal career is farmer.
23. I hat shoe shopping and getting my hair cut.
24. I never wanted kids until I became an auntie.
24. I once swore at a Jehovah's Witness.

candyman
31-01-2009, 06:41 PM
25. I used to buy sweets from Candyman! :yes:

save the best till last lol what a sensible lady lol
steve

foreverducky
31-01-2009, 06:48 PM
24. I once swore at a Jehovah's Witness.

Okay, this may or may not suppose to be funny. :unsure: But I laughed anyway. :sorry:

Dawn
31-01-2009, 06:56 PM
They knocked on my door at 8am on New Year's Day!!!!!!! :furious:

foreverducky
31-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Ahhh, yes, so it was funny! :D They obviously had it coming.

PsychoAlice
31-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Oh its ok I tell them Im Pagan and they freak out

I also turned a hose on them...

Mags
31-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Ooops - posted on the wrong thread

Isafari
31-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Wow! That's amazing. Is this for a particular reason, or just for fun?

I started when I soooooo wanted to go to Africa. I wanted to see lions in their natural habitat. It was my dream holiday.
DH's dream holiday was Florida.....we've never got to Africa.
I also have a couple of African penpals.

Tink
01-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Tinkerbell! :hug2: I so enjoy reading your posts. It would be wonderful to have more opportunities! :yes: We have quite a few things in common! :yes: :D

Issy, we want to go to Africa too. :yes: I wonder if we could get enough interest here and have our own group? :D :D

Beccaberry
01-02-2009, 12:28 AM
I'm in for Africa!!!

Wow, I must say...these are fascinating!!

Britchick
01-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Africa on my list too, my lounge is Africa themed.

Tink
01-02-2009, 12:33 AM
OK, so we're getting a few here. :yes: :D Are we up to group discount status, yet? :D

PsychoAlice
01-02-2009, 12:35 AM
As long as I can shower and have flush toilets Im in...

Beccaberry
01-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Cool BC!! The kid's bathroom and the foyer upstairs are both safari/African themed....

Isafari
01-02-2009, 12:37 AM
My dining room is African too :lol:

MystikPiglit
01-02-2009, 04:19 PM
I also have a couple of African penpals.

Gosh, that is interesting. I hope you get to visit them one day. :hug2:

foreverducky
01-02-2009, 04:50 PM
As long as I can shower and have flush toilets Im in...

:yeahthat: Me too.

Johnie
01-02-2009, 08:15 PM
My mom went on a mission trip to Tanzania (in Africa) in 1990. She had a wonderful time other than not having anything she really liked to eat and getting mugged on the beach.

Deb
01-02-2009, 09:31 PM
I have loved reading this. Really. Finding stuff out about my friends here.
I am joining the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Africa</st1:place> club. I have been to <st1:country-region w:st="on">Morocco</st1:country-region> for a short break, and to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kenya</st1:place></st1:country-region> for 2 weeks which included a 3 day safari. I would love to go on a long safari, especially given my total love of animals, It’s on my list -the Carpe Diem one. The one I particularly want to do is this: the elephants who are orphaned by poachers are taken in by guys who run the safari. You don’t safari on trucks or by foot, but on elephant-back. The babies are assimilated as part of the herd and follow along., At night when you stop you are responsible for feeding and taking care of your elephant, and cleaning and nurturing the orphans.
Anyway, my 25 randoms are:
1. I love animals so much, and all of my pets as an adult have been from rescues. My current dog Sorrel has kept me sane when I shouldn't really still be sane. She's my rock.
2. If I don’t have a book to read I panic. My mam taught me to read when I was 18 months and I have been addicted ever since.
3. I love New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, and Laurent Perrier pink champagne!
4. I have waited all of my life to live in a house where I am far away from others and have no immediate neighbours or roads. I love my own company, and that of my loved ones, and I think that I am very anti-social. I moved to this house 4 months ago and I totally love the solitude.
5. My current work involves me coaching senior managers who build nuclear-powered submarines – I love all of the technology involved and climbing around them as they’re being built despite hating war.
6. I adore eating out in excellent restaurants.
7. Like a few other ladies here, I have a serious addiction to pyjamas. I buy far too many of them.
8. Little blue boxes from Tiffany excite me, even though they don’t happen very often.
9. And on that theme, my favourite films are Breakfast at Tiffany’s, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Casablanca</st1:place></st1:City> and Gone with the Wind.
10. I have no full siblings, but two steps who I grew up with who feel like full siblings. I have recently discovered 3 step-siblings on my Dad’s side (see below) and probably have more. It’s an odd feeling.
11. I have never met my Dad, who left Mam before I was born. This is despite the fact that my Mam has been redating him for the last 3 years!
12. I love cheese. I love cheese. I really really love cheese.
13. I have a truck, a Mitsubishi Animal, and I love it!!
14. I will not wear yellow gold, just silver, white gold or platinum.
15. My OH and I met when we were 5 years old at school and shared our first kiss (the kind you share when you’re that age and play kiss-chase in the schoolyard). We moved to different schools, then went back to the same ones when we were 14, and were best friends and lovers on and off for 8 years. We met up again 3 years ago (20 years later) and have been inseparable ever since. We keep looking at each other and saying “I went to school with you!”.
16. If there are orange creams in a box of chocolates I throw them away if no-one else want them. Yuk! Now coffee creams...mmmm!!!!
17. I'd love to have a pet donkey. And some goats. And some free-range chickens.
18. Daisies and snowdrops are my favourite flowers.
19. If I was mega-rich I would build a <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Tower</st1:PlaceType> of <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Terror</st1:PlaceName></st1:place> in my garden and play on it every day.
20. I have never wanted children. Though I love them and am great with them. I think it’s because of a combination of not having an easy childhood and never meeting the right person to have them with till now, and now I’m too old as I want to have too much fun!
21. In the last 3 years I have discovered a love of handbags that has appeared from nowhere. My most expensive is by Prada. I don’t know why as I hardly ever go anywhere but shopping for food and work. This does mean that my briefcase is gorgeous though.
22. I love looking at the moon. It’s so calming amd amazing.
23. I love looking at holiday brochures.
24. In the summer when the weather is good I practically live outdoors. I eat outside and sleep there if it’s dry.
25. My fingernails are nearly always in good condition, but if my toenails aren’t perfectly polished I feel very uncomfortable.

Britchick
01-02-2009, 09:39 PM
i'll have your orange creams Deb!!! lol

Johnie
01-02-2009, 09:43 PM
mmmm I love cheese too! All kinds.

PsychoAlice
01-02-2009, 09:47 PM
11. I have never met my Dad, who left Mam before I was born. This is despite the fact that my Mam has been redating him for the last 3 years!

Should you meet him I hope your time with him is much more pleasant than mine was!

Ursula
01-02-2009, 10:43 PM
I not in for Africa... I might get eaten by lions :(

foreverducky
01-02-2009, 10:50 PM
I not in for Africa... I might get eaten by lions :(

Maybe not...in reality you just need to be quicker than 1 other person. :D

PsychoAlice
01-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Or she can spray her crayola scented perfume..I hear lions dont like the smell of it...

Isafari
01-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Or she can spray her crayola scented perfume..I hear lions dont like the smell of it...

or spray everyone else in BBQ sauce!

Ursula
01-02-2009, 11:41 PM
I not built for speed I built for comfort.... will have to take the BBQ sauce option I think! Count me in!

Deb
02-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Should you meet him I hope your time with him is much more pleasant than mine was!

No intention of meeting him PA. Not interested at all as I know it would not be a good experience.

PsychoAlice
02-02-2009, 06:00 AM
Would it be a bad thing if I said thats good without sounding horrible?

Deb
02-02-2009, 06:05 AM
Would it be a bad thing if I said thats good without sounding horrible?

Nope! It would be a good thing for you to say that, and perfectly true! :D One thing I have learned is that blood is not always thicker than water.

PsychoAlice
02-02-2009, 06:12 AM
LOL after I met my father things were good for about 6 months...then he started blaming me for everything wrong with his life....Erm, how could that be? You never had to take care of me financially, emotionally or even phsyically. Nor had he been in my life for the first 29 years of my life. How could I be any of the problems in his life? If there was one thing i ever learned in my life was to be accountable. Its funny how a grown man could never learn that.

He needs serious therapy!