PDA

View Full Version : 30 pounds....gone!

foreverducky
05-02-2009, 12:32 AM
It's official today, as I have lost 30 pounds!!!!! :holysheep:

It's been a long hard road and I have another 15 to go to be at my ideal weight (at least in my eyes). I'm going to keep going!

As you can see in my signature, the treadmill has been my life. :tread: It's what I do, but I'm so excited about spring coming, yes I know it's a little ways away, but I'm looking for it. I can hardly wait to go walking/jogging outside.

I have also not ate any fried foods or fast food in 6 months.

Don't get me wrong it's a still a struggle to eat well and exercise. :seesaw:

Tink
05-02-2009, 12:34 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!! :9: :9: :9:

You keep up the fight, woman! You will be amazed at how nasty fried and fast food tastes with each passing month. You'll wonder whatever you thought was good about it! :yes:

Here's to the next 15! :hug2:

foreverducky
05-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Thank you Tink! As you know, it's not easy! But one day at a time, right! I think it's helped to look at mini goals. Like right now, I am one pound away from a new 10's number. I just want to get to that number. :D

Tink
05-02-2009, 01:23 AM
Exactly!!! Last time I weighed myself I was at the 00 mark of a new decreasing decade. :D I know how exciting those numbers can be. :yes:

I also like to try on clothes that are the next size (or so) down. Even if I wouldn't wear them, I get a motivational boost from being able to get them on, or up, or especially buttoned! Herself bought a new pair of work trousers and I could get them on. Wouldn't wear them in public, but could get them on and buttoned. It's ALL about those small steps.

Each time I slip, or have something I shouldn't, I just acknowledge that I did and move on. I don't go hog wild and eat myself silly, nor do I beat myself up. I might even do an extra bit of exercise if I think I'm in control.

I think your use of the treadmill is so impressive! I wish I had that dedication. I am trying to make sure I get some sortof physical anything in each day. Maybe I run up and down my stairs, or do some running in place... just moving the body is better than not, eh?

I am so excited for you!!! Can't wait until you tell us that you've reached your goooooaaaaaallll! :D (Said in my best soccer voice). :D

foreverducky
05-02-2009, 01:38 AM
Oh, I totally understand what you are saying. I have a size lower than what I am in now sitting in my closet. Just for giggles I thought I would try them on. I was able to get them on, but not able to button, but hey, they were on!! :D

I also do the running in place and Walk A the Pounds dvds, and have even done the stairs option too. I have to shake things up or sometimes I just don't want to be on the treadmill (I have a love/hate relationship with it). But I would definitely say that I use it 95% of the time.

Tink
05-02-2009, 01:54 AM
I pushed myself so hard the other day, running up and down the staircase, that I nearly croaked! :lol: I had the worst time catching my breath. :lol: Pays of though, eh? :D

foreverducky
05-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Yes it does...my theory is 'no pain, no gain.'

Out of everything I do, I get the most tired from doing the stairs. :lol:

PsychoAlice
05-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Aww Billie that is fantastic!!!

Beccaberry
05-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Billie,

That is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! Well done you!!!!! :hug2:

Keep up the AWESOME work!!!!

foreverducky
05-02-2009, 02:49 AM
Thank you!!! :D

*Bambi-Belle*
05-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Wow!!!!!! well done xxxxxxx :thumbsup:

Isafari
05-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Wow :worship: well done Billie.

Britchick
05-02-2009, 09:48 AM
well done Billie :hug2:

uscwest
05-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Well done. Congratulations.

Claire
05-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Fantastic Billie! :thumbs-up:

foreverducky
05-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Thank you! In a way, I never thought that I could do it as I had tried before. I guess, when you are ready, you are ready. :D

Claire
05-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Any advice on how to shift of the blasted plateau I'm stuck on? I've done just about anything I can try but haven't lost since Christmas!

Taja
05-02-2009, 02:49 PM
:applaudit: Nice work, Billie! :D

Debbie2
05-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Well done :)

I started two weeks ago and have lost 8 pounds so far. I am feeling very motivated and agree your 'head' has to be in teh right frame of mind before you can make it happen.

Good luck with the final 15 :)

foreverducky
05-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Any advice on how to shift of the blasted plateau I'm stuck on? I've done just about anything I can try but haven't lost since Christmas!

I'm definitely not an expert, but I've heard that it's good to keep your body guessing. Trying doing something different for your exercise routine. :yes:

Claire
05-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm definitely not an expert, but I've heard that it's good to keep your body guessing. Trying doing something different for your exercise routine. :yes:

:thumbs-up: I've started running so maybe that's what will give it the jolt it needs.

Ursula
05-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Well done to everyone who's losing XXXXXXXX I lost 13 stone one year!.......... I divorced him!

foreverducky
05-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Well done to everyone who's losing XXXXXXXX I lost 13 stone one year!.......... I divorced him!

:lol: Me too, I lost 165 pounds in one day...dumped him. :wiggle:

Britchick
05-02-2009, 05:36 PM
maybe change your diet Claire? have you tried slimming world?

what's that fish thing in your signature?

Johnie
05-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Woohoo!! That is AWESOME news!!!

Claire
05-02-2009, 08:42 PM
maybe change your diet Claire? have you tried slimming world?

what's that fish thing in your signature?

I'm not too sure I could do that public weighing thing you get with slimming world. Do they still do that? The humiliation if you hadn't lost. I still remember the look of disappointment on Margery Dawes face.

The fish quote is a line from a Paolo Nutini song. He doesn't actually sing that but it sounds very much like it! :D

Britchick
05-02-2009, 08:50 PM
you can do it online, or you can buy the books on ebay for not a lot and ask me lots of questions. YOu get to eat as much free stuff as you want!

mumof2
05-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Billie, that is absolutely fantastic - I'm so proud of you and Tink for sticking to it and doing so well.......I'm afraid I fell off the rails good and proper but I have to get back on for summer and then the wedding.

You 2 have stuck to it with such a vengeance - i'm ecstatic for you both, i truly am :hug2:

Britchick
05-02-2009, 09:09 PM
......I'm afraid I fell off the rails good and proper but I have to get back on for summer and then the wedding.

well grab yourself a countdown and join us:yes:

foreverducky
05-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Thank you! :yes:

Come one, come all to the weight loss wagon. :thumbsup:

Tink
05-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Our Claire has done an amazing job of it too. :yes:

Mairead, it's never too late to get back on the weight loss trail! :D

mumof2
05-02-2009, 10:51 PM
yes you're right (of course!) Claire has been incredible too! :hug2:

Claire
05-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Thanks guys! We've all done amazingly well. I pledge that when I reach goal I will post before and after pics. :unsure: Am I mad?

foreverducky
05-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Yes, very very mad. :lol: I'm burning and destroying all before pictures. :D

Tink
06-02-2009, 12:32 AM
My doc wanted to take a photo of me as I started this journey. I flat out REFUSED! :eek: I do have some shots of myself, but they are not going to be shared. Nuh unh! :eek:

I was thinking about taking a photograph of before and after clothes. :D Don't think I can though, as I'm giving away my clothes as fast as I outshrink them. :D

You are one brave chickie, Claire!

foreverducky
06-02-2009, 02:32 AM
:lol: I have been giving away my clothes too, very quickly as well. Oh, don't fit, okay they are gone...just like that.

I'm even going to "lose" my school ID so I can get another with the thinner me.

Tink
06-02-2009, 05:02 AM
I had airport security look at my passport then me, then back at my passport for my last flight (to Boston). I did grin and make a comment about how that doesn't really look like me now. :D I wonder if I'll have to get a new passport before the old one expires? :unsure:

foreverducky
06-02-2009, 05:07 AM
Even if you do, it's such a good reason to have to get a new one. :yes:

Tink
06-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Not $125 worth of good reason! :lol: (Tighter than bark to a tree, that's me)! :D :D

Disneybumble
06-02-2009, 07:28 AM
That is great news FD, Well done the end is in sight.
I am plodding on but my biggest thing has been water. Now known in my house as "Tinks Drink". Because the lovely Tink said water is good. I have a bottle of water 330ml and i refill and drink it 6 times a day. I am weaning myself off Pepsi Max,
It has been good because i think l was confusing thirst with hunger (It's a good line even if it's not true) but hey water is good for you.
Now it's just thinking weekends don't go hand in hand with vodka and Pinot , Baby steps

Tink
06-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Your body does interpret thirst as hunger though. :yes: That's not to say you won't be hungry with enough water intake, of course it just means that you'll satisfy your body's need for hydration if you drink enough (and as a result of good hydration will not feel the need to eat as much). :D

I've gotten so I'm drinking 6 litres of water a day. :sigh: I have some black coffee in the morning (and depending on how work is going, sometimes in the afternoon) and may have a diet Coke... (but the carbonation really bothers me). So, mostly it's just water.

A little red wine is a good thing!!! :yes: :D :D

Ursula
07-02-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm no doctor or anything but I think 6 litres is bordering on dangerous Tink :( Please reconsider that amount of water daily.

Tink
07-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks, Helly! :hug2: I really appreciate the info you sent me AND your concern. :hug2:

I will double check with the doc when I see her this month, honest. :yes: