PDA

View Full Version : The Wedding Planner - wedding cake

mumof2
06-02-2009, 01:33 PM
We were discussing yesterday that my sister is not bothered about having a traditional wedding cake and i suggested they could have some of the beautful glittery cupcakes that they ordered for Nancys 1st birthday.

Sounds good to me! :yes:

Tink
06-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I was just thinking that those fairy cakes you linked us to would be great fun! :D

I've known some folks to have cheesecake. There is even a Krispy Kreme wedding cake believe it or not! :lol:

I'd imagine that anything you chose to do would be possible in this day and age.

I think lovely little cupcakes are a nice idea though. :yes:

Do you not do the "save the top layer" for the first anniversary in the UK? :unsure: (Not that eating cake which had been frozen for a year is high on my priority list, mind). :D

mumof2
06-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I was just thinking that those fairy cakes you linked us to would be great fun! :D

I've known some folks to have cheesecake. There is even a Krispy Kreme wedding cake believe it or not! :lol:

I'd imagine that anything you chose to do would be possible in this day and age.

I think lovely little cupcakes are a nice idea though. :yes:

Do you not do the "save the top layer" for the first anniversary in the UK? :unsure: (Not that eating cake which had been frozen for a year is high on my priority list, mind). :D

yes - we saved ours and it was surprisingly good! :yes: i don't remember it being frozen though but i can't recall how we stored it :unsure:

mumof2
06-02-2009, 01:44 PM
*gasp* she wants hints of red/purple...opulent colours

RED VELVET CUPCAKES!!! (i even saw some on tv yesterday!)

josh.p.
06-02-2009, 01:48 PM
*gasp* she wants hints of red/purple...opulent colours

RED VELVET CUPCAKES!!! (i even saw some on tv yesterday!)
I was going to suggest the ones that I saw yesterday on T.V on the alan titmarsh show!

Taja
06-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Not a fan of traditional wedding cakes, either. They look wonderful and usually taste awful!

Love the idea of cupcakes or fairy cakes! She could coordinate the icing/decorations with the colours she selects. :D

mumof2
06-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I was going to suggest the ones that I saw yesterday on T.V on the alan titmarsh show!

yes! they're the ones i saw - can you remember the name of the bakery....something beginning with H maybe?

Not a fan of traditional wedding cakes, either. They look wonderful and usually taste awful!

Love the idea of cupcakes or fairy cakes! She could coordinate the icing/decorations with the colours she selects. :D

i'm loving this idea more and more - i just emailed some pictures of the red velvet large cake and the cupcakes :applaudit:

Tink
06-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Ooooh, how pretty does that sound! Red velvet cupcakes, white ? frosting with purple accents? :yes:

mumof2
06-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Ooooh, how pretty does that sound! Red velvet cupcakes, white ? frosting with purple accents? :yes:

oh wow - now that sounds gorgeous! there's a local shop that makes divine cupcakes (the place that made the glittery ones) - i wonder whether they'd be open to making red velvet. if she's interested i'll call in to speak to them....

Disneybumble
06-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Cupcakes are great and so effective(sp). My friend had them in 5 layers and l have to say Mairead it looked stunning. Oh imagine red velvet ones,can l come and taste them with you because hey you gotta taste them.

Jodie
06-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Cheesecake! (http://www.cheesecake.co.uk/weddings)Yummmmmmyyyy!

mumof2
06-02-2009, 06:23 PM
ooo yum thanks Jodie!

mumof2
06-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Cupcakes are great and so effective(sp). My friend had them in 5 layers and l have to say Mairead it looked stunning. Oh imagine red velvet ones,can l come and taste them with you because hey you gotta taste them.

yeah why not!

mumof2
09-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Yum!

so they're thinking of having cupcakes instead of a traditional cake as you know, and boy was there a huge assortment at the wedding fair - they were beautiful.

there was a stunning display of chocolate boxes filled with chocolate sponge cake covered with a truffle like chocolate layer then topped with either roses, strawberry, blackcurrants, redcurrants, other flowers - pretty much whatever you would like - it looked much like this, (http://www.kiccacakes.com/images/Photogallery/CupCake/images/080-CHOCOLATE-BOXCAKE.JPG) only nicer! my sister entered a prize draw to win a cake so she may be lucky and end up with them!

i think the cupcake one is favourite at the moment though :yes:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Britchick
09-02-2009, 05:39 PM
wowsers!!!

mumof2
09-02-2009, 05:41 PM
wowsers!!!

exactly! :yes: oooo the smell of the chocolate was irresistible. the ones we saw were not mottled chocolate - they looked much nicer!

mumof2
07-03-2009, 11:00 PM
sooooo, change of plan!

she does NOT want to do the cutting of the cake thing and for that reason is not having a large cake as you know.

Well, after the wedding breakfast everybody will be ushered into the hotel lounge (http://www.parkhousehotel.com/promotions/) for teas/coffees and chocolates.

Her idea which i think is really sweet is to have the 5,6 or 7 tiered cake stand in there filled with.....

wait for it......

one of her favourites.........

french fancies! (http://www.mrkipling.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductId=12)

i think it'll look so sweet in the room setting :yes:

Johnie
07-03-2009, 11:07 PM
:tongue: that is such a cute idea!

Britchick
08-03-2009, 10:35 AM
is she going to have kiplings french fancies or made by a baker, they are one of my faves. Betty's in York make fabulous french fancies

http://www.bettysbypost.com/phoneorder.asp?id=3&qty=1&itmid=778

mumof2
08-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure actually, i just assumed it would be the kipling ones for ease.

I'l pass that link on to her and she can think about it and decide what to do - thanks for that :thumbsup:

lisaw
08-03-2009, 11:16 AM
That is a lovely idea! :yes:

Mr Kipling are nice but 'real' ones are fabulous :D

mumof2
08-03-2009, 11:21 AM
That is a lovely idea! :yes:

Mr Kipling are nice but 'real' ones are fabulous :D

well we may just have to sample some then! :thumbsup:

Britchick
08-03-2009, 11:46 AM
well we may just have to sample some then! :thumbsup:

i have sampled them from there :drool: what did you have lisa when we went, can you remember?

lisaw
08-03-2009, 11:48 AM
I think I had one of those big rock cake thingies that they are famous for - can't remember the name :unsure:

lisaw
08-03-2009, 11:52 AM
A fat rascal!