PDA

View Full Version : Pookie Update 2/11/09

Shellyamc
12-02-2009, 02:49 AM
Yes, I am still alive!! :wave: I'm sorry I have been quiet lately and thank you so much to those who sent messages checking up on me!! It made me feel very loved :hug2: The truth of the matter is I'm huge and it is getting really uncomfortable to be sitting down:lol: If I could get through my day without wearing pants, I would be happy girl. :unsure:

So we were off to the doctors office today. I almost died when I got on the scale, but the nurse reminded me that I'm really only up 3 lbs. She also told me that I didn't want a skinny little baby and to not worry about it. :surrender: She seemed to be pretty sure of what she was talking about. Everything tested perfect and I have no signs at all of early labor. Pookie's heartbeat is very strong and the doctor had a good time laughing at my distorted belly :rolleyes: See my problem is that instead of just kicking, Pookie likes to plant his feet and PUSH as hard as he can. Most points in the day I have feet or a little rear sticking out of my side. It is far more uncomfortable than kicking, but I do like to freak Dh out with it. :yes: So I have another appointment in 2 weeks and I should be going for a sono soon after to see what position he is in. I am pretty sure that he is head down because that is where I feel the hiccups, but it will be nice to know for sure.

So there ya go :) Our update. Katelyn's big girl room is all done and she has moved right in, so I will be posting pictures of that ASAP. So on Friday Dh and I are going shopping for Pookie things so we can get his room all ready and then we just get to wait! Hooray! :wiggle:

Johnie
12-02-2009, 02:55 AM
Oh wow! It's getting so close!!! Thanks for the update hon :hug2:

Tink
12-02-2009, 03:24 AM
Oh gosh, you sound so uncomfortable! :comfort: Couldn't you wear a big flowy dress instead of pants, or is it just too cold for that?

Will be looking forward to seeing the photos of the room. :yes:

Take care now and do whatever you need to be comfortable! :hug2:

Shellyamc
12-02-2009, 03:38 AM
Oh gosh, you sound so uncomfortable! :comfort: Couldn't you wear a big flowy dress instead of pants, or is it just too cold for that?

Will be looking forward to seeing the photos of the room. :yes:

Take care now and do whatever you need to be comfortable! :hug2:
I do have a few dresses/skirts that I have been wearing out, and that does seem to help a bit. I am just carrying this baby so differently then I carried Katelyn. I never got maternity stuff with her and I think this time I really needed some. It seems silly to get stuff with only a few weeks left, so I have been making due. I think I might make a run to the store and get a few pairs of good old sweatpants for the last few doctors visits and the trip to and from the hospital :yes:

PsychoAlice
12-02-2009, 06:22 AM
Oh yea..I remember those days...with my daughter she was cake..she didnt get in any weird positions..with my son, goodness..I would have bruises on my stomach because he thought that he would use my uterus as a bench press..almost done sweetie...soon youll be holding that little man and he wont be in confined quarters!

Isafari
12-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Pleased to hear everything is going well with Pookie :hug2:

Disneybumble
12-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Good to hear from you Shelly.:hug2: Pookie is doing well, which is great news. I hope things can go on this well until the little man is ready to see the world.:hug2:

Tink
12-02-2009, 10:39 AM
The sweat pants sound like a good idea. You'll only need a couple pair and they will be nice for after the little linebacker is born. :D

I don't know how you feel about it, but you could always drop by "Macy's of Ilion" :D (SA) and see if they have anything to get through a couple of weeks. You might get lucky and find something!

mumof2
12-02-2009, 11:34 AM
sweat pants sound good Shelly. i remember with both of mine i just had to wear big old dresses for comfort.

i'm so glad everythings going well, i'll bet Katelyn loves her room doesn't she (:sorry: sorry i spelt her name wrong in my pm - i just knew it wasn't right when i typed it! ) - can't wait to see pictures of it!

take care hunny :hug2:

mainecoon lover
12-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Your pregnancy is passing so quickly athough i guess not for you. So pleased to hear you are both doing so well.

Shellyamc
12-02-2009, 02:00 PM
The sweat pants sound like a good idea. You'll only need a couple pair and they will be nice for after the little linebacker is born. :D

I don't know how you feel about it, but you could always drop by "Macy's of Ilion" :D (SA) and see if they have anything to get through a couple of weeks. You might get lucky and find something!

LOL! I have tried the Goodwill a few towns over and didn't seem to come up with anything, but I have to say I am not a fan of the SA. Honestly it is only because they consider themselves "trendy" now and I can not believe the prices they put on some of their items!! It seems, around here at least, that they have forgotten what they were created for. Oops..I didn't mean to rant :unsure:

MystikPiglit
12-02-2009, 02:08 PM
If I could get through my day without wearing pants, I would be happy girl. :unsure:

:lol: I forgot for a moment that you meant 'trousers'.

Glad to hear all is well. :hug2:

Rosie0610
12-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Fabulous news that everything's ok Shelly. Definatly go out and get some maternity pants or new sweats!! Nothing worse than being even more uncomfortable than you need to be!
Good job finishing Katelyn's room! Now on with the BOY shopping! :)

Tink
12-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Ah. I'd not heard that Shellyamc. It used to be a fun place to browse (I used to collect old kitchen utensils).

Sweatpants it is then! :yes:

Shellyamc
12-02-2009, 02:39 PM
:lol: I forgot for a moment that you meant 'trousers'.

Glad to hear all is well. :hug2:

:lol:

Fabulous news that everything's ok Shelly. Definatly go out and get some maternity pants or new sweats!! Nothing worse than being even more uncomfortable than you need to be!
Good job finishing Katelyn's room! Now on with the BOY shopping! :)

Dh has tomorrow off and we are heading out to do the boy shopping! Hooray!!

Ah. I'd not heard that Shellyamc. It used to be a fun place to browse (I used to collect old kitchen utensils).

Sweatpants it is then! :yes:

Yes, I think that is where I'm headed. :surrender:

Taja
12-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Glad you and Pookie are doing well, Shelly. Not much longer and he'll be joining us online! :)

Hope you find some sweatpants--department/discount stores here are all spring and summer--and the weather is cold by our standards! I know it's just the fashion cycle, but it doesn't make a lot of sense at times (along with wool/down coats in July when it's 110 degrees!). Do you have sporting goods stores in your area? That might be a possibility if all else fails. :)

Johnie
12-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah our stores have the bathing suits out now. Of course it is a lovely 70 degrees today but it will get cold again soon.

I think you shoudl be ok finding sweat pants. They usually always have them in the men's dept.

Claire
12-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Wow! Time is slipping by fast!

The only time I didn't enjoy shopping was when I was heavily pregnant. Looking forward to seeing Katelyn 'big girl's' room.

BTW - am I the only one who saw the title of this thread and read it as 2nd November 2009? I thought my goodness, Shelly's got behind with her updates! :unsure:

Shellyamc
12-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Wow! Time is slipping by fast!

The only time I didn't enjoy shopping was when I was heavily pregnant. Looking forward to seeing Katelyn 'big girl's' room.

BTW - am I the only one who saw the title of this thread and read it as 2nd November 2009? I thought my goodness, Shelly's got behind with her updates! :unsure:

LOL..I always do the same when you write your dates :yes: I think, wait, that doesn't make any sense at all??

SleepinCatz
13-02-2009, 01:33 AM
That is wonderful news :) I am really happy it's all going to smoothly :).....My sons thought my insides were thier own personal soccer field.....wozers

Shellyamc
13-02-2009, 03:00 AM
That is wonderful news :) I am really happy it's all going to smoothly :).....My sons thought my insides were thier own personal soccer field.....wozers

Oh yes!! The nurse laughed and asked if he was trying to "rearrange the furniture". That is pretty spot on to what it feels like!!