PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Trip Report March 22-27

tdclark7125
12-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Good morning all!!!

We're headed to Port Orleans French Quarter March 22-27, and can't wait!!!!:happydance:
This will be my DS of 5's first DisneyWorld trip. He's so excited, we have to do something Disney every day as part of our countdown; playing Disney Scene It, stickers on a calendar, watch the planning DVD (over and over), etc.

Here's what we have planned, let me know your thoughts:

MK - EMH Sunday Evening
MK - Monday
DHS - Tues
EP - Wed
Thur - AK

We have ADR's at:
Crystal Palace
Coral Reef
Captain's Grille
Liberty Tree Tavern
Tusker House

I think we're going to skip Fantasmic and tour the park while everyone else watches the show.

Question - Is there somewhere in there, we could squeeze in more time at Epcot? Any advice is appreciated. We're traveling with children 9&5

:bounce:

mumof2
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
can't help with your questions but it sounds like you'll have a GREAT time! :thumbsup:

lisaw
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Wel I don't know opening hours for when you are there but AK usually closes fairly early (around 6pm) so you could always head back to Epcot afterwards :yes:

Looks good though :D

Tink
12-02-2009, 02:37 PM
You may find that DHS is only a half day park. You can then take the ferry from DHS to EPCOT. :yes:

Sounds like a lovely time! It's so exciting to have a first visit isn't it? Five is a great time to be going! :yes:

Looking forward to hearing all about it! :D :D

uscwest
12-02-2009, 02:40 PM
I would second both LisaW's and Tink's comments.

Taja
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Ooooooh! You're going to have a fabulous holiday! :D

Ditto Tink and LisaW's comments. :)

tdclark7125
14-02-2009, 02:44 PM
So, I can't ever leave well enough alone. We've made a couple of changes. We now have reservations at Rose & Crown for dinner so we can stay and watch Illuminations, and spend more time at Epcot. My DH and I would like to try a few drinks around the world, as well. I read about the amazing Grand Marnier Slushie and can't wait to try it.

We've never seen Illuminations in our 7 trips to Disney, and it will be a new dining experience.

Taja
14-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Very nice! :thumbsup:

You still have time to tinker with the itinerary a bit more! :D

Britchick
14-02-2009, 07:56 PM
So, I can't ever leave well enough alone. We've made a couple of changes. We now have reservations at Rose & Crown for dinner so we can stay and watch Illuminations, and spend more time at Epcot. My DH and I would like to try a few drinks around the world, as well. I read about the amazing Grand Marnier Slushie and can't wait to try it.

We've never seen Illuminations in our 7 trips to Disney, and it will be a new dining experience.

that slushie sounds nice and i've always wanted to drink my way round that world! You will love illuminations - imo they are the best night show there.

We often go to a park in the day then go to Epcot in the evening

Rosie0610
23-02-2009, 04:51 PM
If you do not have plans to watch Fantasmic I would suggest you go to DHS on a day when they aren't showing Fantasmic (if it's not being shown everyday you are there). I've heard that park is crazy busy on Fantasmic days.

DH and I love Illuminations. Great score on the Rose and Crown ADR!

tdclark7125
23-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks Rosie! As it stands, we're planning to go on a Tuesday based on Fantasmic showing on Monday's and Thursdays. I haven't heard what the 3rd day of the week is. Hopefully we won't have to move anything around.

I can't wait to see Illuminations while enjoying a beer sampler:happybounce::applaudit:

tdclark7125
19-03-2009, 05:44 PM
3 more days, 3 more days, 3 more days!!!!:excited::excited::excited:

We started our countdown at home:

Started packing on Tues
Watched Little Mermaid on Wed
Today we're making Mickey Mouse cupcakes and making Mickey Ears
Tomorrow is our Disney Dinner with Octopus Hot Dogs, Goldfish crackers, Strawberry Mice, and the former mentioned Mickey Mouse cupcakes (while wearing Mickey ears)

:embarassed::point: Yeah, I know, dorks with a capital D, the things we do for our children.

Do you all think we can see pretty much everything at MK in an evening starting at 3:00, followed by park opening the next day, leaving park at 2:00?

Taja
19-03-2009, 08:14 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Will SpectroMagic and Wishes be showing the night you will be in MK?

You should accomplish a lot, but make a list of what's most important to your family, then plan your visit accordingly. Save animated shows like Mickey's PhilharMagic for later in the day--the theatre seats a good number of people, so even if there is a queue, it's usually only about the length of one show.

mumof2
19-03-2009, 09:02 PM
oh wow it's almost time !! :wiggle:

tdclark7125
19-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Yes, Spectromagic is at 8:15 and 10:00, Wishes is at 9:00.

What in your opinion are best attractions to save for night time?

Thanks for the input!!!