PDA

View Full Version : Well I feel all kinds of stupid right now...

PsychoAlice
13-02-2009, 05:02 PM
So this morning was my first round of steriod shots for my SI joints.

I freaked out and had an anxiety attack.

Not during the shots but while she was putting the betadine on me...crying uncontrolably...for what? Not a darn thing..it was easy..

So here I sit with a percoset and a valium in me..Im thinking its nap time!

Johnie
13-02-2009, 05:07 PM
:hug2: don't feel stupid. Sometimes we just work ourselves up. The crying was a way for your body to release that pent up energy.

mumof2
13-02-2009, 05:24 PM
awww, no need to feel stupid hun, go and take a nap - you sound like you need it :hug2::hug2:

Isafari
13-02-2009, 06:11 PM
:hug2: shhhh....she must be sleeping :yes:

PsychoAlice
13-02-2009, 08:26 PM
I was thanks.

It wasnt that I worked myself up. I was not in control of what was happening to me and my fight or flight kicked in and i knew i couldnt leave and i had to do this. So I cried...for nothing. It didnt hurt.

Taja
13-02-2009, 08:32 PM
:thumbsup:

Now you sound like our PA! :D

It's one of those things that just happens. I don't have anxiety attacks per se, but if I get stuck waiting in a doctor or dentist office more than about 30 minutes, I definitely lean in that direction. Although my thought process tends to be: "Why am I sitting here waiting for you? You could have your staff contact me and advise that you are running late and to come in at xxx time." :rolleyes: Plain old every day rudeness, in my book! :lol:

And I have been known to laugh or cry for absolutely no reason on occasion. :sigh: