PDA

View Full Version : I've just been for my first driving lesson

josh.p.
14-02-2009, 04:30 PM
I've just come back from having a sneaky driving lesson from my Dad!! :wiggle:

There is loads of roads around the factory he works in that are closed at weekends because no-one is working weekends. He is just going to take me once a weekend to supplement my driving lessons. Today he just taught me how to use the clutch because I start driving lessons soon and it was so much fun!

I couldn't get it the 1st try, I revved way too much, but the 2nd time I tried I got it!!! :wiggle::wiggle::wiggle: I drove up and down a few times (although dad had to get out and turn the car around because I don't know how to do that yet LOL) and learnt how to break (Although the first time I slammed on too quickly and it was lucky dad was wearing a seatbelt LOL)

I am on a high!!

Isafari
14-02-2009, 04:36 PM
:lol: oh the joys of learning how to drive!
Keep at it Josh and you'll soon be putting in for your test :yes:

Slowhand
14-02-2009, 04:43 PM
You`d better start saving for that Ferrari now Josh. :lol:

Dorothy
14-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Good going Josh :hug2:

When my kids got their learners permists the first thing we did is head over to the industrial park really early on a Sunday morning so they could drive around without banging into anything :lol:

mumof2
14-02-2009, 05:35 PM
that used to be the norm round here too years ago - industrial estates, supermarket car parks or the crematorium with it's long drive! :unsure:

foreverducky
14-02-2009, 05:46 PM
I really only went out with my dad once...for both of our sakes. He was afraid of the mail boxes and I was afraid of him. :lol:

Good going josh, driving leads to so much freedom.

josh.p.
14-02-2009, 05:49 PM
There is a car-park there too, so when I get a bit better I can learn reverse parking etc with him. I think I'm going to have 2 lessons a week with an instructor and 1 with my dad too.

Ursula
14-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Blimey can you get shoes on already???????? My DH was in agony for months.... took him nearly 3 months to get proper shoes on again. Noway could he drive. Well Done by the way.

josh.p.
14-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Blimey can you get shoes on already???????? My DH was in agony for months.... took him nearly 3 months to get proper shoes on again. Noway could he drive. Well Done by the way.
Seriously? I had shoes on from day 1!!

Ursula
14-02-2009, 07:35 PM
NOWAY!

Ursula
14-02-2009, 07:36 PM
All I can think then is that they did a really bad job of it then :(

josh.p.
14-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Mine was badly infected too. Perhaps my doctor was particularly delicate then?

Steven
14-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Crayola, I had mine done last July. Couldn't wear shoes for a week, which meant a week off work yay! I actually had my first driving lesson 3 weeks after it. Took me 4 months from my first lesson to passing my test. You'll be fine dude , just enjoy it.. It's when you've got your license it gets hard ha. I'm looking into swapping my manual for an automatic - Me and the gearbox don't go very well!!!!!!!!!!!

Tink
14-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Good work, Josh! :yes: Learning to drive a stick is a good thing. :yes: If you can do that, you are in much more control of the car.

Be sure to throw the car into a skid so you can learn to handle that too. That was one of the most fun aspects of learning to drive! :D

Get to an area where you can really get the speed up. Seriously. You have to understand the feel of the car and how it handles in all situations. The more you experience the better driver you will be, as the excellence comes with the experience.

Learn to slip a clutch, and learn to pop a clutch. Learn to speed shift. You may not have much need for those skills any more but let me tell you, the first time your car won't turn over because the starter is gone, you'll be happy that you know how to pop that baby. :yes:

Driving is incredibly complex and much more than piloting a vehicle carefully along a roadway, eh? :yes: