PDA

View Full Version : Bought Elliptical

foreverducky
14-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Changing things up a bit. I sold my treadmill and just bought an elliptical. I had an elliptical before that I hated, but I have tried out many and researched even more. I've come to realize what I want in an elliptical machine. I finally decided on this one:
http://www.schwinnfitness.com/schwinn-fitness/equipment/ellipticals/prdcdovr~100088/Schwinn+431+Elliptical.jsp

It's gotten great reviews and has what I'm looking for. I even got for a better price than the advertised on this site.

Since I've lost 30pounds with the treadmill, I've felt that it's time to step up my game. Frankly, I'm bored with it too.

Btw, smilie faries, I now need an elliptical one, as this :tread: one just wont do anymore. :yes:

Tink
14-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Nice trade out! :yes: We used to use an elliptical when we went to the gym. Not the kind with the cross country style arms that you have though.

It does work out more muscle groups so you should notice a difference soon!

foreverducky
15-02-2009, 03:10 AM
I'm hoping that it will keep my interest and help with my endurance. Not to mention get my body back into shape even more. It has 19 programs, so I am sure to find something that I will enjoy. :D And I'm excited that I can plug in my Ipod and not have to wear head phones.

It should be here on Friday and I'm hoping that the delivery person is nice enough to bring it in my door.

Britchick
15-02-2009, 05:54 PM
i'm getting a lot better with this since i was shown how to use it properly- i was not only going backwards but had my legs in the wrong position- they were too wide. Good luck ducky- i can now do about 10 mins

foreverducky
15-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Good job! Who knows how long I'll be able to go without stopping. A treadmill and elliptical are two completely different machines. What kind do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

Britchick
15-02-2009, 06:49 PM
i use it at the gym so i don't know sorry :unsure: all i can say is don't be disheartened if you can only do a couple of minutes to start because you'll soon build it up.

foreverducky
15-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Oh okay, no worries. :D I'm sure I'll feel like I had been on it forever and look down to see 1 minute.

josh.p.
15-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Elliptical machines take some getting used to! You'll have so much fun

foreverducky
15-02-2009, 08:40 PM
I hope so...but I guess i never think of "fun" and "exercise" together. ;)

Taja
16-02-2009, 12:08 AM
I saw the title and thought: "What?"

It makes sense that you've researched the machines more and have a better idea of what you want this time. It's really hard when you first start exercising and have to guess a lot! :lol:

Good luck with it! :D

foreverducky
16-02-2009, 12:22 AM
I know, this is going to be my second elliptical. Way back when I had a different one that i didn't do much research on and it was absolutely horrible. That's why I knew that I needed to do lots of research and try plenty out. Also from that first one I knew what I didn't want. :D