PDA

View Full Version : Elliptical is together

foreverducky
19-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Okay, so this morning I received my new Schwinn 431 elliptical. Since I live alone I was prepared to beg and plead with the delivery guy to just drop it off inside of my house instead of by the curb. :yes:

The guy did offer to help and then said he would put it in the main carpet area. This was a huge help:worship:. However, he was an older gentleman and the yellow cord broke on him and he almost fell in my house.:shocked:Then as he left I noticed that he had a limp. Luckily he caught himself. I thanked him and offered a refreshment, for which he declined.

So, let me tell you the box was huge. Well, while getting my knife out and I looked deep into myself and pulled out all of my years of Girl Scouts. :stickhorse:

So that being said, I turned on the tunes and got started. It took me 3 hours to do it all by myself. But it looks great and I feel like Super Woman:hero:

I got on it for 5 minutes and it's super quiet. I think I chose wisely.

Here it is and Arthur (he just looked so darn cute, and he only ate a few tiny pieces of styrofoam):

2307.vB

2308.vB

josh.p.
20-02-2009, 12:27 AM
great stuff :D:D I hope it brings you many pounds of weightloss! LOL

Archie is cute as ever!

Johnie
20-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Arthur is such a cutie! I love to see pictures of him.

Quiet is good. I hope it brings you lots of workout joy.

I love the feeling after putting something together!

Tink
20-02-2009, 01:48 AM
I am awed! That is one mean machine to put together all by yourself! :eek: :hug2:

I LOVE the photo of Arthur! :yes: How cute is HE!? :9:

foreverducky
20-02-2009, 02:07 AM
He really is the cutest!! How can one not think he is adorable?! Never happen, I tell ya. :D

Yep, all by myself. I felt all powerful afterwards!

Tink
20-02-2009, 04:15 AM
As well you should! :yes:

So, does sweet little Arthur wonder what that new contraption is? :D

Disneybumble
20-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Respect Billie, i am a complete wuss at putting things together. I could have lifted it in for you but putting together nah.
Arthur is the sweetest looking dog.

josh.p.
20-02-2009, 12:16 PM
woops... why did I call him archie?!

Claire
20-02-2009, 12:42 PM
woops... why did I call him archie?!

Lisaw has an Archie!

foreverducky
20-02-2009, 01:27 PM
It's okay Josh, I knew what you meant. :D

Arthur keeps getting close enough to almost bonk his head, so I have to keep telling him to step away.

josh.p.
20-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Lisaw has an Archie!
They are both poodle crosses too :thumbsup:

Taja
20-02-2009, 08:34 PM
:applaudit:

Congratulations, FD! Almost as good as the actual weight loss that will follow! :D

Arthur is adorable. You'll have to put a fence around the eliptical--although he probably would ignore it. If he gets bumped once or twice he'll give it a very wide birth.

Mitzi, my little (3-lb.) chihuahua of many years ago, used to chase the train (Lionel O gauge) around the Christmas tree. One day she wasn't paying attention and it almost bit her! :lol: She avoided the tree area after that!

foreverducky
20-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Ahh, poor Mitzi. They do learn quickly though.

I just did 4.1 miles, but it took me about 65 minutes. My legs are jello!!!

Taja
21-02-2009, 03:32 PM
:point:

Ahh, poor Mitzi. They do learn quickly though.

I just did 4.1 miles, but it took me about 65 minutes. My legs are jello!!!

Have you ever considered a slightly gentler approach? It uses different muscle groups than the treadmill! :lol:

foreverducky
21-02-2009, 04:12 PM
I guess I'm an all or nothing kinda of girl. :D

Beccaberry
22-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Billie!!!! Look at you!!! YOU ARE WOMAN!!! HEAR YOU BUILD!!!!

Seriously hun, well done on you!!!

How are you enjoying it so far? I use the elliptical at the gym (we have two different models, so I switch between) and truly enjoy it!

foreverducky
22-02-2009, 01:57 PM
:lol: Exactly! I felt on top of the world that day! I felt after getting done that I should scratch something, open a beer and grunt. :laughhard:

I do like it, but have to start out slow as it's totally different than the treadmill. I did another 4 miles yesterday. Very tiring. Very please with it though. Definitely made a good choice.